[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (59 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

I expected more from Udinese:down:
I hoped for more, but I didn't really expect them to take points from Milan. Ancelotti's men are probably the best team in the world atm.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

If there's one thing that you and I will agree on about Trezeguet it's that he's a lethal finisher and reliable goalscorer, but I'd prefer a player who is useful not only in and around the box but in deep positions. He may not be a Shevchenko, Adriano, Henry or Ronaldo, but Montella, much like the guys I just mentioned, is a complete player, Trezeguet is not. I guess this is a choice of preference but I like players who have alot to offer. Trez is an excellent predator of the penalty area and a proven goal getter, but if the service to him isn't good he's completely useless.
I do not see any point in having Montella play along side Zlatan if we already have Trezeguet. I don't think we need two all-action forwards with the system we have, we need one goal poacher and predator to finish off the cross from the wings, the only spot where all our balls seem to come from. Thats why Trez is the better striker for us and it does not really matter because David has always been better than Montella in everything except dribbling. Who cares now though we have Zlatan who can dribble through everybody. Montella has one really good season and everybody goes goo-goo-gaga over him.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Quite a sad situation.

Four draws in five last matches,
Seven goals conceeded
Elimination from the Coppa...

I don't wanna think about what will happen in the next couple of matchdays.

And Real Madrid is coming up too...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I do not see any point in having Montella play along side Zlatan if we already have Trezeguet. I don't think we need two all-action forwards with the system we have, we need one goal poacher and predator to finish off the cross from the wings, the only spot where all our balls seem to come from. Thats why Trez is the better striker for us and it does not really matter because David has always been better than Montella in everything except dribbling. Who cares now though we have Zlatan who can dribble through everybody. Montella has one really good season and everybody goes goo-goo-gaga over him.
Montella may not be better for Juve, but he is a better player. Trezeguet is better than him at everything bar dribbling? Nonsense. Montella is way better at passing, crossing, set pieces and getting involved. He's a good finisher too, hence the fact that he's Serie A's topscorer. I'm not praising Vincenzo because of one season, I've always liked him and in my view he's a fine player. Trez is a brilliant finisher, but Monty brings more to the table imo.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I dont think Montella has been that inconsistent so far, afterall he's currently the top scorer, but I dont doubt that if Trezeguet wouldnt have had that injury he'd be in the top spots as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)