[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (43 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.
Buffon is the best keeper in the world, simple. Pellizolli has the potential to be as good, if not better. But not have the best of seasons right now.
Buffon by far.

Thuram Vs Panucci.
DIfficult one, both are getting old now and I believe both clubs will want to buy new ones soon, but of course in my non-biased opinion, Panucci JUST shades it.
Thuram has been one of Serie A's best centre backs so far this season. Comparing Panucci to him is criminal.

Canna Vs Mexes.
Canna for now, but Mexes is younger and can become better, when he settles and gets a good understanding with Ferrari he'll be great!
Whether Mexes will turn out to be as great as some think he will is debatable but you can't debate the fact that Cannavaro is times better than him right now and along with Thuram forms one of, if not the best central defensive partnership in the world atm.

Z****a Vs Ferrari.
Ferrari is better easily, Z*****a I havent seen him for Juve but for Roma I didnt rate him highly!
If you haven't seen Zebina since he made the move to Turin you're hardly in a position to argue that Ferrari is better. He has been a revelation, transforming from an average at best player to a highly dependable right back. He has improved immensely and been of more value to Juve than Ferrari has to Roma.

Chivu Vs Zamo
When Chivu is not injured he is brilliant, but from what I saw in Euro2004, Zamo was brilliant, and the only Juve player I like. (a lie I like Buffon when he can keep his mouth shut)
Chivu is a quality player with alot of class, but Zambrotta is the best left back in the world. I think I'll go with the latter.

Mancini Vs Camo.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mancini has been considerably subdued this term compared to his debut season in Serie A. He's a good player though and I actually like him, but Camoranesi has been superb since Capello's arrival, knotching up the assists with ease.

De Rossi Vs Appiah.
Appiah is good from what I have seen him, De Rossi is great!
De Rossi is brilliant. He's without a doubt better than all of our central midfielders bar Emerson.

Perrota Vs E*****n
Perrota is good, but I am not his biggest fan, much perfer De Martino to get his chance, and might I add, Juve were fools to give us Brighi, because I think he can be better then E*****n.
Emerson is better than Perrotta, De Martino and Brighi combined. He's one of the best defensive midfielders in the league, there's no two ways about it, and Roma miss his leadership, consistency and class IMO.

Cufre Vs Nedved, I say Cufre because he has played there a few times, but he isnt a left-winger, Nedved is world class.
Forza Nedved :)

And as this is taking forever, Totti & Cassano & Montella are better then Del Piero & Zlatan & Treze.
You have a better attack than we do, but that's about it. Totti is superior to DP, Cassano to Zlatan, and Montella to Trezeguet, but as far as performances this season go our big Swede has outdone Cassano and by a great deal as well. Even Del Piero, who has been annoyingly inconsistent, is having a better campaign than Antonio. Montella leads the league in goals scored and unlike Trez offers more than just a source of goals. I personally think Vincenzo is better, but David is still a world-class finisher.

Juve or Roma, you ask? The Bianconeri, thank you very much :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Nah. Mentalla is no where near the level of Trezeguet, don't be ridiculous.
I disagree. Montella is times more complete than Trez and the latter isn't that much better when it comes to finishing. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what Trez does and how good he is at doing it, but if I was forced to choose who I'd rather have in my team I'd say Montella.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Half time: Reggina 0-0 Inter

In today's other match Fiorentina and Brescia played to a 1-1 draw. Miccoli was on target with a superb strike.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Inter couldn't find a way to top 10-man Reggina. 0-0 final. Adriano has lost his way lately, but this time he stayed the whole match.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I disagree. Montella is times more complete than Trez and the latter isn't that much better when it comes to finishing. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what Trez does and how good he is at doing it, but if I was forced to choose who I'd rather have in my team I'd say Montella.
If you say that then Montella is a better striker than Del Piero. Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the world who could not even produce with the likes of Totti and Mancini around him in recent years. I have an idea, how about we get Montella to replace Del Piero? Please, what nonsense.

I find it appauling that you would take such an inconsistent player over a proven finisher like Trezeguet. The only reason why Montella looks more appealing is because Trez has been out of the side for months now, however before he went down David was leading the league in scoring. Trezeguet is one of the most natural finishers in the world and his strike rate proves that and if Montella was on the side the only player he would be replacing is Del Piero.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003

If you say that then Montella is a better striker than Del Piero. Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the world who could not even produce with the likes of Totti and Mancini around him in recent years. I have an idea, how about we get Montella to replace Del Piero? Please, what nonsense.

I find it appauling that you would take such an inconsistent player over a proven finisher like Trezeguet. The only reason why Montella looks more appealing is because Trez has been out of the side for months now, however before he went down David was leading the league in scoring. Trezeguet is one of the most natural finishers in the world and his strike rate proves that and if Montella was on the side the only player he would be replacing is Del Piero.
100% agree..

btw, is he going to play tonight...??

btw2, did inter break the record of draws, yet..?? :D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Buffon by far.

Thuram has been one of Serie A's best centre backs so far this season. Comparing Panucci to him is criminal.

Whether Mexes will turn out to be as great as some think he will is debatable but you can't debate the fact that Cannavaro is times better than him right now and along with Thuram forms one of, if not the best central defensive partnership in the world atm.

If you haven't seen Zebina since he made the move to Turin you're hardly in a position to argue that Ferrari is better. He has been a revelation, transforming from an average at best player to a highly dependable right back. He has improved immensely and been of more value to Juve than Ferrari has to Roma.

Chivu is a quality player with alot of class, but Zambrotta is the best left back in the world. I think I'll go with the latter.

Mancini has been considerably subdued this term compared to his debut season in Serie A. He's a good player though and I actually like him, but Camoranesi has been superb since Capello's arrival, knotching up the assists with ease.

De Rossi is brilliant. He's without a doubt better than all of our central midfielders bar Emerson.

Emerson is better than Perrotta, De Martino and Brighi combined. He's one of the best defensive midfielders in the league, there's no two ways about it, and Roma miss his leadership, consistency and class IMO.

Forza Nedved :)

You have a better attack than we do, but that's about it. Totti is superior to DP, Cassano to Zlatan, and Montella to Trezeguet, but as far as performances this season go our big Swede has outdone Cassano and by a great deal as well. Even Del Piero, who has been annoyingly inconsistent, is having a better campaign than Antonio. Montella leads the league in goals scored and unlike Trez offers more than just a source of goals. I personally think Vincenzo is better, but David is still a world-class finisher.

Juve or Roma, you ask? The Bianconeri, thank you very much :)
i's funny how EVERYONE quoted nicole's post...
i think this post of hers was one of the most popular posts those days! :howler:

May 30, 2004
hey i just read the comparisions thing i wuld ve put my opinion but you guys pretty much covered it ... i really enjoyed reading all ur posts though... she was right about camoranesi being hated by juve fans .. i used to defend him last season all da time while everyone else cussed him out and wanted him sold or on he bench....anyway am happy thats not happening anymore....good posts everyone ... peace

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Half-time results:

AC Milan 1 - 1 Udinese
Atalanta 1 - 1 Siena
Chievo 2 - 1 AS Roma
Lazio 1 - 1 Palermo
Livorno 0 - 0 Messina
Parma 0 - 0 Lecce
Sampdoria 0 - 0 Bologna

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Yes, I do think that Montella is a better striker than Del Piero. IMO he's better than both DP and Trez. An on form Del Piero is something to be reckoned with given the ability and talent he possesses, but currently even Montella is more consistent than he is.

If there's one thing that you and I will agree on about Trezeguet it's that he's a lethal finisher and reliable goalscorer, but I'd prefer a player who is useful not only in and around the box but in deep positions. He may not be a Shevchenko, Adriano, Henry or Ronaldo, but Montella, much like the guys I just mentioned, is a complete player, Trezeguet is not. I guess this is a choice of preference but I like players who have alot to offer. Trez is an excellent predator of the penalty area and a proven goal getter, but if the service to him isn't good he's completely useless.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Chievo 2-2 Roma. Guess who? I don't even have to say... but I will :D VINCENZO MONTELLA!!!!!!!!!!

Milan 2-1 Udinese. Own goal by Jankulovski.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)