[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (82 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I just cannot agree with that. Trezeguet does his job and he does it well, unlike Montella who is terribly inconsistent. Each to his own I guess.
Montella wasn't bad last season and he has been brilliant so far this term. In the past he may have been inconsistent, but he hasn't shown that side of his game in 04/05. Did you see his second goal against Chievo yesterday? Class...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There were alot of quality goals over the weekend. Montella, Di Natale, Vigiani, Chiesa and Zauli all scored great goals.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Wow, I didnt expect you guys to still be debating about what I said, hmm seems that not everyone believes we are so bad!

If we talked about either of our teams on form, for example last season and 2001, then who'd you say is better? Roma who play magnificent football, or Juve who (i'm not trying to offend anyone) but such horrible defensive football it drives you mad! Even on form Juve for me are far too cautious! They should put on a show of the couple of fans that bother to show up!

Disappointed we drew to Chievo, I didnt see and was so upset, because I saw it when it was still 2-0 and didnt see the final score for ages!

Forza Il Aeroplano!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Adriano suffers injury scare Tuesday 18 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriano is likely to miss Saturday’s clash with Chievo after suffering a calf injury, as the Brazilian has played in all of Inter’s Serie A games so far.

The forward has been looking tired of late and is yet to score in 2005, but pulled up during training today with a twinge in his left calf muscle.

The Nerazzurri medical staff advised rest and it is now unlikely he’ll be able to play against the Flying Donkeys at San Siro.

If he is forced to sit this one out, it’ll be the first Serie A match Adriano has missed this season and in all competitions he has played 25 out of 29 available games.

The former Parma and Fiorentina hitman only skipped two Champions’ League ties due to a ban and was rested for both Coppa Italia encounters with Bologna.

He also took a very brief holiday during the summer, as he proved decisive in Brazil’s Copa America triumph.

Roberto Mancini should therefore bring in Obafemi Martins to partner Christian Vieri, though Alvaro Recoba is another alternative.

Meanwhile, Ivan Cordoba has reassured fans despite Inter’s surprise 0-0 draw at little Reggina leaving them further adrift of the Scudetto contenders.

“It is important to work hard on our movement in training and we rarely get that opportunity with so many matches,” said the Colombian.

“We conceded a lot of goals at the start of this season, but we are improving at the back and that is clear from our recent results.”

source: channel4.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
no matter how juve play,we are first...

we are not clowns and we don't care to entertain romanistas....

as long as we are first,everyone else should just :mute:
Oh come on my darling, you know very well that you'd love to see Juve play like Roma! :D

A question I have always wanted to ask, Lily do you like an Greek teams?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Montella wasn't bad last season and he has been brilliant so far this term. In the past he may have been inconsistent, but he hasn't shown that side of his game in 04/05. Did you see his second goal against Chievo yesterday? Class...
I remember two Trezeguet goals that were just as good.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Wow...do you...? Incredible...what goals were they?

What about the goal against Inter? The first goal of the game? Chesting it down and volleying it past Toldo? Monty is brilliant!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have seen so many Trezeguet goals that I cannot remember which matches he scored them in. I know that one of them was during his first season in Turin; I think Del Piero crossed to David and he did a half scissor like that. I also remember one from one of the Scudetto years.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
TBH, that goal against Italy in EC2000 was brilliant as well.
:down: thats just mean!

EDIT: As you can guess, I have never liked Trez, since that.

(Although for like 2 year, I though it was scored by Wiltord...so after that I hated Wiltord, and he started doing really bad, and now I hate Trez like I did Wiltord, and all of a sudden he gets injured...I feel there some be some kind of X-file music here right now)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Oh come on my darling, you know very well that you'd love to see Juve play like Roma ! :D

A question I have always wanted to ask, Lily do you like an Greek teams?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
ok,that was very funny :thumb:

no,i don't like any greek team...
not that i dislike them i just don't support or like any of them

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I remember two Trezeguet goals that were just as good.
We'll be able to discuss this better when Trezeguet gets back to full fitness, but don't you usually say that things in the past don't matter? You say that when it comes to Del Piero anyways ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

We'll be able to discuss this better when Trezeguet gets back to full fitness, but don't you usually say that things in the past don't matter? You say that when it comes to Del Piero anyways ;)
I was only making the point that Trezeguet has scored some amazing goals himself. However none of this proves which player is the better forward.

After Zidane was sold, nothing in the past matters, at all.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Adriano suffers injury scare Tuesday 18 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriano is likely to miss Saturday’s clash with Chievo after suffering a calf injury, as the Brazilian has played in all of Inter’s Serie A games so far.

The forward has been looking tired of late and is yet to score in 2005, but pulled up during training today with a twinge in his left calf muscle.

The Nerazzurri medical staff advised rest and it is now unlikely he’ll be able to play against the Flying Donkeys at San Siro.

If he is forced to sit this one out, it’ll be the first Serie A match Adriano has missed this season and in all competitions he has played 25 out of 29 available games.

The former Parma and Fiorentina hitman only skipped two Champions’ League ties due to a ban and was rested for both Coppa Italia encounters with Bologna.

He also took a very brief holiday during the summer, as he proved decisive in Brazil’s Copa America triumph.

Roberto Mancini should therefore bring in Obafemi Martins to partner Christian Vieri, though Alvaro Recoba is another alternative.

Meanwhile, Ivan Cordoba has reassured fans despite Inter’s surprise 0-0 draw at little Reggina leaving them further adrift of the Scudetto contenders.

“It is important to work hard on our movement in training and we rarely get that opportunity with so many matches,” said the Colombian.

“We conceded a lot of goals at the start of this season, but we are improving at the back and that is clear from our recent results.”

source: channel4.com

let the "ronaldo" begin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)