[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (79 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its all about form, how can you say Peli is rubbish, when last season he was magnificent? He was better then Buffon last year.

I have said about Mexes and Ferrari, It is easier for Canna and Z****a, because both have played in Italy for along time, obviously always for Canna. Where as Mexes has had to try and get settled when we were in a crisis. We all know what Ferrari can do, and he is better when Z****a.

Please, even Camo on form is nothing compared to Mancini, dont even try to argue anything, Camo is hated by most Juve fans! Like I said, I would perfer someone else in the team then Perrota, someone like De Martino or Brighi. Cufre, whilst I like him he does give everything and tries hard, Nedved is better that is obvious. Although, one thing I hate about Nedved is his tendancy to dive for things especially against Roma.

You say Cassano and Zlatan are about equal? Again, if is hard to compare the two as both are having different season, Cassano has stuggled a bit (start of the season) and Zlatan hasnt, now if you compared him to last season's Cassano the 'real Cassano', Zlatan is good, but Cassano is better.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,423
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Its all about form, how can you say Peli is rubbish, when last season he was magnificent? He was better then Buffon last year.
    I was better than Buffon last year
    I have said about Mexes and Ferrari, It is easier for Canna and Z****a, because both have played in Italy for along time
    Excuses and reasons aside, the fact is that (as you said) it's all about form, and no defensive pairing in the world is better than Thuram and Cannavaro at the moment.
    Please, even Camo on form is nothing compared to Mancini, dont even try to argue anything, Camo is hated by most Juve fans!
    Camo has been one of our most consistent players, and this coming from someone who rips his hair out almost every time he sees Camo play. Mancini in comparison is a fine player, but hasn't been fantastic this season.

now if you compared him to last season's Cassano the 'real Cassano', Zlatan is good, but Cassano is better.
    Its all about form

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Is that right? Well, we shall see...

Roma Vs Juventus

Roma
    Have the best fans in the world, with a great atmosphere inside the Olimpico. Have a group of insanely talented players...I dont know what Juve line-ups have been this season so this is a guess...
    We have some of the best fans in the world that do not happen to be in Italy. Roma does not have as much as that.

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.
    Buffon is the best keeper in the world, simple. Pellizolli has the potential to be as good, if not better. But not have the best of seasons right now.
    I doubt Pellizolli will ever be better than Buffon. Ivan does not have the reflexes and instinct that Buffon has.

Thuram Vs Panucci.
    DIfficult one, both are getting old now and I believe both clubs will want to buy new ones soon, but of course in my non-biased opinion, Panucci JUST shades it.
    Nonsense. Thuram has been one of the best defenders in the world over the past five years, probably taking the title as the best in 2003. Panucci was not even close and Lilian is leagues beyond Christian this season too.

Z****a Vs Ferrari.
    Ferrari is better easily, Z*****a I havent seen him for Juve but for Roma I didnt rate him highly!
    Zebina has been an alright RB for us, nothing special but he is solid most of the time. He is certainly no Thuram but he is decent. Ferrari has looked disapointing thus far, so I have no comment on these two.

Mancini Vs Camo.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Camoranesi might be having his best season yet at Juventus, helping out in both the attack and defense and having solid displays. He might not be as talented as Mancini, but Mauro has been the better player this season, no question.

Perrota Vs E*****n
    Perrota is good, but I am not his biggest fan, much perfer De Martino to get his chance, and might I add, Juve were fools to give us Brighi, because I think he can be better then E*****n.
    Matteo Brighi? Wow, he is one of the most overrated players in Italy. He's not even as good as Enzo Maresca. You can have him. Emerson could be the best midfield destroyer in the world, and you better not forget what he did for your club.

Cufre Vs Nedved, I say Cufre because he has played there a few times, but he isnt a left-winger, Nedved is world class.
    I dont know what you are trying to say there; seem to be contradicting yourself, but if you were to choose Cufre over Nedved you would be one of the most idiotic managers in the world. There is no comparison at all between the two.

And as this is taking forever, Totti & Cassano & Montella are better then Del Piero & Zlatan & Treze.
    Nah. Mentalla is no where near the level of Trezeguet, don't be ridiculous. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been a better player than Cassano this season, all being this season as his first at Juventus. That is pretty remarkable, coming into the Serie A and being one of the best strikers in Italy. Cassano is just as good as Ibra but not this season. Totti? Who cares, we have Nedved. I wouldn't want Francesco to get a red card for spitting on an opposing player. I think Totti is a disgrace to Italy.

Roma is the capital club, it bears the name of the capital, the Eternal City. Its a special club, and there are few real special clubs, Juve is one too, but with our fanbase, Stadium, City, everything about Roma is better then Juve. Its a fact that, Mercenaries (E*****n/Z****a) like Juve, but great players perfer Roma!
    Excue me? Great players like Zidane, Michel Platini, Didier Deschamps, Gianluca Vialli, Ciro Ferrara, Gaetano Scirea, Giampiero Boniperti, Roberto Bettega, and John Charles did not choose Juventus? Sorry thats just a digusting statement.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    Montella, Cassano and Totti are definately better thank Del Piero, Trez and Zlatan.

Andy, Montella is way better than Trez imo. By miles too.

Cassano - Del Piero = Cassano wins
    Mutu + Zlatan - Totti = Juve win, but it took two players
    Trezeguet - Montella = Montella by far

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Really? How so?
    He can dribble, shoot outside the box, pass/cross.

He's a great finisher too, and with some class. Trez got the better head though but Montella is usually involved in the play during the game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Nicole, you sound very bitter, and your posts just smack of jealousy.

Roma has one advantage, and that is in attack. However, that is the ONLY advantage that Roma has, be it on the pitch or just as importantly, in the front office.

Oh, and one more thing. Juve, unlike Roma has not been a haven for malcontents, unless you don't take Cassano and Totti's threats about wanting to leave very seriously.

However, keep believeing what you want to believe, and have fun in the UEFA Cup next year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Andy, Montella is way better than Trez imo. By miles too.
    Dude, don't be ridiculous. Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the world. Trezeguet could be the best 18 yard box predator in the world. His job is to score goals and that is what he does. Not to mention "Mentalla" has players like Cassano, Totti, and Mancini to dribble around players and give him the ball. Compare the two players strike rate, and you will see Trezeguet is a much better predator.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Dude, don't be ridiculous. Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the world. Trezeguet could be the best 18 yard box predator in the world. His job is to score goals and that is what he does. Not to mention "Mentalla" has players like Cassano, Totti, and Mancini to dribble around players and give him the ball. Compare the two players strike rate, and you will see Trezeguet is a much better predator.
    Two seasons ago Montella was arguably the best Serie A striker. He was injured last season hence sucked. He is going good this season.

Trez, last two seasons he was bull. This season, Montella is playing better isn't he?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Two seasons ago Montella was arguably the best Serie A striker. He was injured last season hence sucked. He is going good this season.

Trez, last two seasons he was bull. This season, Montella is playing better isn't he?
    Trezeguet was out with injury as well, in fact just as much as Montella. Trezeguet gets injured every season, but somehow manages to be near the top of the scoring chart.

Trez was "bull" last two seasons? In the past two seasons Trezeguet has scored 35 goals for us not counting the contribution this year. Montella, on the other hand, has scored only 15 goals for Roma in the past two seasons. Do the math.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    15-35=50

Montella has 50 more goals..........

my math aint top btw :D

On a real I just think Montella is better and more allrounded and participates more, has more skill/flair, better shot, pass, cross....

Trez better head definately and I am unsure about the finishing part, especially when the two strikers are on top form.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

Roma Vs Juventus

Roma
    Have the best fans in the world, with a great atmosphere inside the Olimpico. Have a group of insanely talented players...I dont know what Juve line-ups have been this season so this is a guess...

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.
    Buffon is the best keeper in the world, simple. Pellizolli has the potential to be as good, if not better. But not have the best of seasons right now.

Thuram Vs Panucci.
    DIfficult one, both are getting old now and I believe both clubs will want to buy new ones soon, but of course in my non-biased opinion, Panucci JUST shades it.

Canna Vs Mexes.
    Canna for now, but Mexes is younger and can become better, when he settles and gets a good understanding with Ferrari he'll be great!

Z****a Vs Ferrari.
    Ferrari is better easily, Z*****a I havent seen him for Juve but for Roma I didnt rate him highly!

Chivu Vs Zamo
    When Chivu is not injured he is brilliant, but from what I saw in Euro2004, Zamo was brilliant, and the only Juve player I like. (a lie I like Buffon when he can keep his mouth shut)

Mancini Vs Camo.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

De Rossi Vs Appiah.
    Appiah is good from what I have seen him, De Rossi is great!

Perrota Vs E*****n
    Perrota is good, but I am not his biggest fan, much perfer De Martino to get his chance, and might I add, Juve were fools to give us Brighi, because I think he can be better then E*****n.

Cufre Vs Nedved, I say Cufre because he has played there a few times, but he isnt a left-winger, Nedved is world class.

And as this is taking forever, Totti & Cassano & Montella are better then Del Piero & Zlatan & Treze.

Roma is the capital club, it bears the name of the capital, the Eternal City. Its a special club, and there are few real special clubs, Juve is one too, but with our fanbase, Stadium, City, everything about Roma is better then Juve. Its a fact that, Mercenaries (E*****n/Z****a) like Juve, but great players perfer Roma!

Plus, there are Romans playing for Roma, is there actually anyone born in Turin playing for Juve? Totti, De Rossi, Aqulani, Corvia, De Martino, Cerci all these players bar the ones that have already made it will be great for Roma, coming through the academy and having a special love for the club, you just cant have that with being born in that city and coming through the ranks, the fact is Roma is just something Juve arent!

sweety...
    don't bother sooo much trying to prove who is better and who is worse...
    just take a look at this and you'll get your answer:
    Juventus 43
    Milan 39
    Udinese 34
    Inter 30
    Sampdoria 27
    Roma 26

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    15-35=50

Montella has 50 more goals..........

my math aint top btw :D

On a real I just think Montella is better and more allrounded and participates more, has more skill/flair, better shot, pass, cross....

Trez better head definately and I am unsure about the finishing part, especially when the two strikers are on top form.

Are you blonde? :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

Roma Vs Juventus

Roma
    Fans who insult their favourite player. :rolleyes:

Z****a Vs Ferrari.
    Ferrari better than Zebina? Please. At least this season didn't prove so.

:rofl: Cufre. Hahahahahha

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    THis season Zebina has been doing great! Much better than I expected. Cufre sucks a$$ its as simple as that...
    Shame that the fans fvcked with Totti even when they played great and won by huge margin. Man, I really want Totti to play for a great club and not Roma. I want him to win something, he is too good for Roma...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    He can dribble, shoot outside the box, pass/cross.

He's a great finisher too, and with some class. Trez got the better head though but Montella is usually involved in the play during the game.
    Oh yeah he's multi dimensional while Trez is largely one dimensional but I wouldn't conclude that necessarily makes him better. Trez has proven he can deliver consistently and I don't ask more of him, I think that's quite enough. Montella too can deliver the goods, I don't see what sets them apart. That he has a greater repertoire or he's more attractive, agreed, but their results are largely the same, wouldn't you say? So the value they bring to a club would be similar too as I see it.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

Roma Vs Juventus

Roma

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.

Thuram Vs Panucci.

Canna Vs Mexes.
    Canna for now, but Mexes is younger and can become better, when he settles and gets a good understanding with Ferrari he'll be great!

Z****a Vs Ferrari.

Chivu Vs Zamo
    When Chivu is not injured he is brilliant, but from what I saw in Euro2004, Zamo was brilliant, and the only Juve player I like. (a lie I like Buffon when he can keep his mouth shut)

Mancini Vs Camo.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

De Rossi Vs Appiah.
    Appiah is good from what I have seen him, De Rossi is great!

Perrota Vs E*****n

Plus, there are Romans playing for Roma, is there actually anyone born in Turin playing for Juve? Totti, De Rossi, Aqulani, Corvia, De Martino, Cerci all these players bar the ones that have already made it will be great for Roma, coming through the academy and having a special love for the club, you just cant have that with being born in that city and coming through the ranks, the fact is Roma is just something Juve arent!
    Sorry man I had to do this.

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.
    I prefer Buffon more. Pellizolli has already let in quite a number of goals. To tell u the truth, there r already news on Roma buying De Sanctis.

Canna Vs Mexes.
    I'm a fan of Mexes, but so far Mexes hasn't impressed me until now. Canna has already contributed a lot. But Mexes has the potential.

Z****a Vs Ferrari
    Zebina does his job well and I quite look up to him. Ferrari is so disappointing despite being quoted as Italy's future defender.

Mancini Vs Camo
    Camo has a wonderful season so far. Contributed quite a bit to Juve's success.

Perrotta vs Emerson
    I will take Emerson any day. Emerson has also contributed a lot to our success defensively, which is 1 of the reasons y we concede so less goals.

>>Roma is the capital club, it bears the name of the capital, the Eternal City. Its a special club, and there are few real special clubs, Juve is one too, but with our fanbase, Stadium, City, everything about Roma is better then Juve. Its a fact that, Mercenaries (E*****n/Z****a) like Juve, but great players perfer Roma!

U must have forgotten about how many of Juve players won the Golden Ball award b4.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    I have said about Mexes and Ferrari, It is easier for Canna and Z****a, because both have played in Italy for along time, obviously always for Canna. Where as Mexes has had to try and get settled when we were in a crisis. We all know what Ferrari can do, and he is better when Z****a.
    I didn't follow Zebina last year, but this season his fantastic, way better than Ferrari.

You say Cassano and Zlatan are about equal? Again, if is hard to compare the two as both are having different season, Cassano has stuggled a bit (start of the season) and Zlatan hasnt, now if you compared him to last season's Cassano the 'real Cassano', Zlatan is good, but Cassano is better.
    I'd say its close, but i seriously think Zlatans physics makes him the better man. Try defending against a tall, strong fast man with great technic.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Mancio tests trident attack Saturday 15 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have won their last four games in all competitions and Roberto Mancini admits he’ll test the trident attack at Reggina this evening.

“We have to keep playing the way we have been recently, with the certainty and consistency that can only come from good results,” said the tactician who had earned the nickname ‘Mr X’ for the number of draws they were notching up.

Some of their best performances have come when several strikers were thrown on to the pitch in desperation, such as last week’s 3-2 victory over Sampdoria, so could Mancio try that system from the start?

“I have always thought about fielding three forwards and I hope to use that tactic often, though I haven’t been swayed by individual form or the fact we scored three goals with them together. It needs everyone to work hard in order to support the trident and the players know that.”

Whereas the Nerazzurri tended to be a little dependent on Adriano to begin with, the Brazilian has been looking decidedly tired in 2005.

“Adriano or Christian Vieri can go on the bench, just as anyone in this team can,” noted Mancini. “Every now and then it helps to have a bit of a rest.”

Obafemi Martins and Alvaro Recoba have grabbed the headlines with a hat-trick in the Coppa Italia midweek and the winner in last Sunday’s Serie A tie respectively. The Nigerian is particularly impressive this year with 13 goals in 1,018 minutes of football – an average of one every 80 minutes.

“There is no such thing as a player who likes sitting on the bench. We will see, but I’m spoilt for choice as all my strikers are on form at the moment.”

Juan Sebastian Veron has not even made the trip down to Reggio Calabria, where the home side is rediscovering its own run of results.

“Reggina are a tough nut to crack on their own turf,” added the Coach. “They were the only Serie A side to beat Juventus this season. It won’t be easy and we’ll need a great Inter performance to get the points, like the kind we’ve seen recently.”

source: channel4.com

Mr X plans to use a new tactic known as the trident attack. I wonder if it will work. And in the end they end up with another draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)