Livorno - Messina
Milan - Udinese
Parma - Lecce
Reggina - Inter
Sampdoria - Bologna

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Tough game for us though. But with Trezeguet back I'm very optimistic about this one.
I doubt Trez will be ready to start though. Rushing him back into the saddle wouldn't be sensible, not with Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Zalayeta all fit. Give David a minimum of 45 minutes against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia and let him work on his match fitness and form from there.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
How am I a traitor? Because I want Milan to win? Thats rubbish, I dont like Milan at all, I just like them more then the other team wanting to win (Juve) and the other 'pretenders' (Inter). Although Inter are out of it as well. And I said this when I first came here, I dont want Capello to win anything ever again, so this shouldnt not surprise you!

And chxta! Thats Lazio your thinking of, or did you forget we were 2nd last year?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

And chxta! Thats Lazio your thinking of, or did you forget we were 2nd last year?

Second, and first are poles apart.

How many Serie A titles do Roma have?

Methinks Lazio have a better Serie A record than Roma. Sorry to burst yer bubble girl, but, u guys ain't worth shyte!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Is that right? Well, we shall see...

Roma Vs Juventus

Roma
Have the best fans in the world, with a great atmosphere inside the Olimpico. Have a group of insanely talented players...I dont know what Juve line-ups have been this season so this is a guess...

Buffon Vs Pellizolli.
Buffon is the best keeper in the world, simple. Pellizolli has the potential to be as good, if not better. But not have the best of seasons right now.

Thuram Vs Panucci.
DIfficult one, both are getting old now and I believe both clubs will want to buy new ones soon, but of course in my non-biased opinion, Panucci JUST shades it.

Canna Vs Mexes.
Canna for now, but Mexes is younger and can become better, when he settles and gets a good understanding with Ferrari he'll be great!

Z****a Vs Ferrari.
Ferrari is better easily, Z*****a I havent seen him for Juve but for Roma I didnt rate him highly!

Chivu Vs Zamo
When Chivu is not injured he is brilliant, but from what I saw in Euro2004, Zamo was brilliant, and the only Juve player I like. (a lie I like Buffon when he can keep his mouth shut)

Mancini Vs Camo.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

De Rossi Vs Appiah.
Appiah is good from what I have seen him, De Rossi is great!

Perrota Vs E*****n
Perrota is good, but I am not his biggest fan, much perfer De Martino to get his chance, and might I add, Juve were fools to give us Brighi, because I think he can be better then E*****n.

Cufre Vs Nedved, I say Cufre because he has played there a few times, but he isnt a left-winger, Nedved is world class.

And as this is taking forever, Totti & Cassano & Montella are better then Del Piero & Zlatan & Treze.

Roma is the capital club, it bears the name of the capital, the Eternal City. Its a special club, and there are few real special clubs, Juve is one too, but with our fanbase, Stadium, City, everything about Roma is better then Juve. Its a fact that, Mercenaries (E*****n/Z****a) like Juve, but great players perfer Roma!

Plus, there are Romans playing for Roma, is there actually anyone born in Turin playing for Juve? Totti, De Rossi, Aqulani, Corvia, De Martino, Cerci all these players bar the ones that have already made it will be great for Roma, coming through the academy and having a special love for the club, you just cant have that with being born in that city and coming through the ranks, the fact is Roma is just something Juve arent!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
A very creative comparison you got there, Nicole, prepare for some equally ridiculous responses to that one. You actually have a point with De Rossi vs Appiah but for the rest you're on very thin ice. The attack line comparison is debatable but inconclusive, the rest of them are just plain hilarious.

Btw Perrotta is an ex Bianconero so you may want to curse him out as well.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
How is it debatable? Only a fool would say that Totti isnt better then Del Piero. Cassano is better then Zlatan, that ISNT debatable, and what about Montella or Treze? Monty and Treze are about equal.

They are not ridiculous. Or are you going to argue that Camo is better then Mancini? Or something like that?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Since you didn't make individual comparisons, I assumed you wanted to lump them all together. In which case our attack line (team to be precise) has scored exactly the same amount of goals as Roma's this season. But if you want to compare them one by one, sure.

Totti is better than Del Piero, no argument
Cassano and Zlatan? Zlatan has scored 9 goals, Cassano is below 5 (not on the list) both potential match winners, both talented and decisive. Obviously Cassano has played in Serie A longer, so he has the advantage for now
Trezeguet and Montella? Hard to say, both can be very prolific, more or less equal

So much for the attack, let's do the rest then.

Buffon and Pelizzoli? Are you kidding me? Pelizzoli is so great Roma want to get rid of him, Buffon is *the best*, wipes the floor with Peli

Thuram and Panucci.. Panucci must be the most hated played in the Azzurri and possibly at Roma by the fans. It really is hard to find anyone who would argue he should be in the team. Thuram is getting on but still considered to be a great player.
Canna and Mexes. Canna has been reborn, he's the Azzurri captain and considered one of the best defenders in the world. Mexes so far has been a huge flop at Roma. Come back when he's fulfilled his great potential and we'll talk.
Zebina and Ferrari. Zebina is also reborn and has been excellent for Juve so far. Ferrari is slowly getting back in shape, he's playing pretty average at the moment. Equal at best.
Chivu and Zambro. Chivu is injured all the time, hardly ever plays. Zambro has not been as good this year as he was before but he's still very solid and since he plays every game, it's not difficult to see who's been more valuable this year.

Mancini and Camo. Camoranesi is having a magnificent season and considered one of the best wingers in the league. Mancini is having a very mediocre season compared to last year and hasn't accomplished much at all so far.
De Rossi and Appiah. We covered that already.
Perrotta and Emerson. Another blowout, Emerson has been our most important player this year and is doing very well. Perrotta just doesn't measure up to that, never will.
Cufre and Nedved. Honestly don't know anything about Cufre, esp playing on the left wing since you assigned him there. But Nedved has had a quiet season by his standards and is playing average. Of course he's still Nedved and it takes a pretty decent player to knock him out of the line up, I find it very hard to imagine Cufre would.

Since I don't get to see many games of these teams I'm going mostly by what Roma fans have said about their own players and what our fans have said about our players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)