Israeli-Palestinian conflict (25 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
One of the rare people that actually is supporting the cause, it really takes balls to risk everything for something happening far away from you.

But then again, isn’t that silly, that people are afraid to oppose the genocide. I believe that this in the new low we as humanity have reached and this exposed a lot of other things we were aware but not aware (like power plays, how money dictates everything, and how we are all at the mercy of big corps).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Israel complaining that their artist isn't getting any cheers during Eurovision rehearsals.

It's not enough that we let them commit genocide.

It's not enough that they go on stage and sing silly songs while they're committing genocide.

No, they want to be cheered.

What an abomination of a country.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
they kicked out the dutch contestant from jewovision because apparently he pissed the israeli off.

https://www.trtworld.com/arts-and-c...-questions-israeli-singers-inclusion-18113002
It's not that clearcut, but it's still insane.

Joost Klein was disqualified, because of a "gesture" towards a camerawoman. The camerawoman in question had been harrassing Klein before and filmed him again after his performance. She was not allowed to film at that time and was told so. I am also informed that it is industry practice not to film any artists after their performance. Klein did not touch the woman. The Swedish police did start investigations, but allowed Klein to leave the country. This all but confirms that whatever Klein did was pretty minor.

The Israeli delegation as well as their journalists have harrassed other contenders during the week leading up to the show. This was not only witnessed by journalists from other countries (which are in general, because they're European, pretty pro Israel I might add), but was also confirmed by several performers themselves, most vocally by Irish contender. This harrassment is in direct violation of the code of conduct and seemingly much worse behaviour than what got Klein disqualified.

In essence:

- a Dutch performer reacting to forbidden behaviour by a camerawoman was disqualified for a gesture pending investigations;
- the delegation from a country, currently investigated for G-E-N-O-C-I-D-E, and most certainly guilty of harrassing other performers, was allowed to take the stage.

I would have deemed this inexplicable.

But it now appears that Eurovision's main sponsor Moroccan Oil is in fact an Israeli company, which I guess needs no further explanation.

I will not share my feelings on Israel's behaviour in Gaza in this comment. But I will say that the way Israel is trying to control the narrative in the media makes me think of Nazi Germany. Israel goes against every value we hold dear in Western Europe. I have zero sympathy left for Israel and for the remainder of my life I will not trust a word anyone from that country says. There is a time when we need to draw a line in the sand. And that time is now.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's not that clearcut, but it's still insane.

Joost Klein was disqualified, because of a "gesture" towards a camerawoman. The camerawoman in question had been harrassing Klein before and filmed him again after his performance. She was not allowed to film at that time and was told so. I am also informed that it is industry practice not to film any artists after their performance. Klein did not touch the woman. The Swedish police did start investigations, but allowed Klein to leave the country. This all but confirms that whatever Klein did was pretty minor.

The Israeli delegation as well as their journalists have harrassed other contenders during the week leading up to the show. This was not only witnessed by journalists from other countries (which are in general, because they're European, pretty pro Israel I might add), but was also confirmed by several performers themselves, most vocally by Irish contender. This harrassment is in direct violation of the code of conduct and seemingly much worse behaviour than what got Klein disqualified.

In essence:

- a Dutch performer reacting to forbidden behaviour by a camerawoman was disqualified for a gesture pending investigations;
- the delegation from a country, currently investigated for G-E-N-O-C-I-D-E, and most certainly guilty of harrassing other performers, was allowed to take the stage.

I would have deemed this inexplicable.

But it now appears that Eurovision's main sponsor Moroccan Oil is in fact an Israeli company, which I guess needs no further explanation.

I will not share my feelings on Israel's behaviour in Gaza in this comment. But I will say that the way Israel is trying to control the narrative in the media makes me think of Nazi Germany. Israel goes against every value we hold dear in Western Europe. I have zero sympathy left for Israel and for the remainder of my life I will not trust a word anyone from that country says. There is a time when we need to draw a line in the sand. And that time is now.

watch this dude, you have no idea what Israel is dealing with. They have to be this way. In fact, the West needs to act more like Israel or it will fucking be conquered slowly by the barbarians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)