Israeli-Palestinian conflict (42 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That is a very compelling analysis.

I guess we know which way you would have voted in the 1930's in Germany.
as I understand it, 1930s was an economically challenging time for ze Germans, aggravated by the banking crisis, which didn't do any favors to the popularity of the jewish population. I'm not voting for populist or radical right wing parties nowadays and I don't think that would've changed if I was born a 100 years earlier, but of course it's hard to guarantee it, obviously a lot of Germans voted for Hitler back then. either way, I strongly disagree that you or anyone else on tuz might know how I would've voted in the 1930s in Germany.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
as I understand it, 1930s was an economically challenging time for ze Germans, aggravated by the banking crisis, which didn't do any favors to the popularity of the jewish population. I'm not voting for populist or radical right wing parties nowadays and I don't think that would've changed if I was born a 100 years earlier, but of course it's hard to guarantee it, obviously a lot of Germans voted for Hitler back then. either way, I strongly disagree that you or anyone else on tuz might know how I would've voted in the 1930s in Germany.
That's a lot of words.

Did you understand the point I was making?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Quantitative vs qualitative.

You never even bothered to look into posts or comment on them. You see Turk as a great poster, because he has a few likes. Of course Turk has a lot of likes. He's a moron. You know who likes morons? Other morons. Doesn't mean that they are suddenly "valuable" members of society.

You'd vote for Hitler, because this is your yard stick. You see a lot of other people vote for Hitler, so you assume: this guy must be on to something. So yes, I do know how you would have voted. Because you told me.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Quantitative vs qualitative.

You never even bothered to look into posts or comment on them. You see Turk as a great poster, because he has a few likes. Of course Turk has a lot of likes. He's a moron. You know who likes morons? Other morons. Doesn't mean that they are suddenly "valuable" members of society.

You'd vote for Hitler, because this is your yard stick. You see a lot of other people vote for Hitler, so you assume: this guy must be on to something. So yes, I do know how you would have voted. Because you told me.
You could've just stopped there - I've personally read, enjoyed and rated a number of Turk posts funny (although never useful, I'm still a bit confused about that), so the rest of your wonderful construct is flawed because your first assumption is as wrong as it can be.

Using ratings statistics is fun though :D I wish we had more tools to emphasize what a mediocre poster you are in comparison to Turk. :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You could've just stopped there - I've personally read, enjoyed and rated a number of Turk posts funny (although never useful, I'm still a bit confused about that), so the rest of your wonderful construct is flawed because your first assumption is as wrong as it can be.

Using ratings statistics is fun though :D I wish we had more tools to emphasize what a mediocre poster you are in comparison to Turk. :p

You can use any rating system you want and I'm not too bothered by it. I like banter and I like annoying Turk, so who am I to complain?

However I do have an issue with Turk commenting in this thread. I don't think anything he has said in here so far has been acceptable really.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The 1930s were weird all around. I recently came across this 1938 magazine cover in Brazil that was trying to scare the shadrach, meshach and abednego out of Brazilians about the prospect of waves of Jewish immigrants fleeing Europe and flooding their shores. It never happened. Some things never change.

nmimb9d6uxc41-scaled.jpg

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The 1930s were weird all around. I recently came across this 1938 magazine cover in Brazil that was trying to scare the shadrach, meshach and abednego out of Brazilians about the prospect of waves of Jewish immigrants fleeing Europe and flooding their shores. It never happened. Some things never change.
What a shame.

Hasidic Jews kicking it in Copacabana would have been a sight.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No chance for hasidic jew in South Central America. Not enough social benefits to suck on
a guy in the family runs a car rental business, he told me that he never had any feelings against any nation, race or ethnicity, but hasidic jews made him change his mind.

two short stories. once they rented two cars from him to attend a meeting. 5 people, 2 cars, he was surprised that they didn't take only one, but until they pay, it's fine. he saw on the gps tracking that both cars were parked at the same spot for a few days. then shortly before the rental period ended, one of the cars started to move, the other stayed. dudes realized that they fit in one car and left the other one ~150 km's from the headquarters of the rental business. :baus: the owner had to go and pick up the other car. 300 kms driven because of sheer stupidity.

then an other time they rented a car, returned it with two windows completely broken on the right side. the owner asked them wtf happened, they answered that someone accidentally left the key in the car and somehow they locked the door, so they broke the window of the rear door. the owner asked, why the front door window is also broken? answer: they couldn't reach the key from the rear so they smashed the other one too. :baus: and of course every single car they returned was filthy af. now he's not answering calls from israeli numbers anymore.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
he's a more valuable forum member than @Seven because his jokes are not repetitive and are more funny. and he's been right about Allegri for years, which also makes him a better football analyst than @Seven.

however access to tuz should depend on forum rules.
Repeating the same shitty hot take on Allegri every few days from 2014 onwards until it finally came true certainly makes him a great football analyst. :baus:

I won’t even bring up his 12 years of Beppe banalities. I’m sure you find those quite brilliant too lol

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
a guy in the family runs a car rental business, he told me that he never had any feelings against any nation, race or ethnicity, but hasidic jews made him change his mind.

two short stories. once they rented two cars from him to attend a meeting. 5 people, 2 cars, he was surprised that they didn't take only one, but until they pay, it's fine. he saw on the gps tracking that both cars were parked at the same spot for a few days. then shortly before the rental period ended, one of the cars started to move, the other stayed. dudes realized that they fit in one car and left the other one ~150 km's from the headquarters of the rental business. :baus: the owner had to go and pick up the other car. 300 kms driven because of sheer stupidity.

then an other time they rented a car, returned it with two windows completely broken on the right side. the owner asked them wtf happened, they answered that someone accidentally left the key in the car and somehow they locked the door, so they broke the window of the rear door. the owner asked, why the front door window is also broken? answer: they couldn't reach the key from the rear so they smashed the other one too. :baus: and of course every single car they returned was filthy af. now he's not answering calls from israeli numbers anymore.
Can't blame him. Don't like'em either. I imagin they are even worse abroad.

Hasidic jew have very little in common with every other Israeli or jew beside being jewish. Even their version of Judaism is a perversion of it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Can't blame him. Don't like'em either. I imagin they are even worse abroad.

Hasidic jew have very little in common with every other Israeli or jew beside being jewish. Even their version of Judaism is a perversion of it.

We should be cautious to not allow personal experiences with particular persons cloud our judgment towards an entire people.

There is a large group of Hasidic Jews in Antwerp though and what I find, at the very least, remarkable is that it is almost impossible to interact with them. They have created a ghetto for themselves. But even walking around in that ghetto, you don't have the feeling you could talk to one of them. I'm not sure what would happen if I'd bump into one. I think nothing probably. They'd just walk on.

I'm not sure what to think of it. But it is very strange how they have lived in a society within a society for decades now.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
We should be cautious to not allow personal experiences with particular persons cloud our judgment towards an entire people.

There is a large group of Hasidic Jews in Antwerp though and what I find, at the very least, remarkable is that it is almost impossible to interact with them. They have created a ghetto for themselves. But even walking around in that ghetto, you don't have the feeling you could talk to one of them. I'm not sure what would happen if I'd bump into one. I think nothing probably. They'd just walk on.

I'm not sure what to think of it. But it is very strange how they have lived in a society within a society for decades now.
Hasidic jews are a more strict sub group of Haredic jews. There are a lot of sub-groups even within the hasidic movement. Wildly different behaviours.

Most orthodox jews abroad are hasidic, usually similar to the more strict, isolationist hasidic groups in Israel. Some of their neighborhoods here even me as a jew will feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

It a relatively a new movement in Judaism, but their visibility is high and they do create antagonisim since they don't integrate or mingle. They can even be an economic burden on the wider society, here it's worse since they also have a strong political sway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)