Israeli-Palestinian conflict (27 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
why does the arab world care about the Palestinians but not the Yemenis? Are the Yemenis Shia?

- - - Updated - - -

The Houthis are Shias. But the apathy has more to do with the fact that the bombing is being done by Saudi (and the UAE). Also, the other side is supported by Iran. Muslim on muslim crime if you will. It's in the best interest of everyone to turn a blind eye.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Time to sell more weapons to the Saudis so that they can flatten Yemen to oblivion and the world (especially the Sunni arab world) looks the other way.
Nah i can't see how saudi leadership could justify that when israel is killing Palestinians. I think a lot of people don't realize how sensitive and explosive the Palestinian issue is in the arab world. If any regime makes the wrong move it could trigger another arab spring.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
why does the arab world care about the Palestinians but not the Yemenis? Are the Yemenis Shia?
Because it's Jerusalem and Arabs see it as a grave injustice. They would gladly die fighting for it. If there was a nation that could wage war with israel they could easily mobilize millions of recruits from all across the arab world in a matter of hours.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Culture is still very tribalistic at its core. Fighting within the tribe doesnt elicit the same response or threat to identity as when its from outside the tribe. Plus Sunni vs Shia conflict is more than a thousand years old. Originally a conflict on who should rule the Islamic empire that Mohammed left behind. Funnily enough its still ongoing even though there is no Islamic Empire nor is the Caliphate system an existing mode of governance at all. Its as senseless as two knights sparing over who gets to ride a unicorn.

You could also ask the same question to the West, East or anyone really. We are all tribalistic to varying degrees and are inconsistent in how we value or react to various conflicts.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Culture is still very tribalistic at its core. Fighting within the tribe doesnt elicit the same response or threat to identity as when its from outside the tribe. Plus Sunni vs Shia conflict is more than a thousand years old. Originally a conflict on who should rule the Islamic empire that Mohammed left behind. Funnily enough its still ongoing even though there is no Islamic Empire nor is the Caliphate system an existing mode of governance at all. Its as senseless as two knights sparing over who gets to ride a unicorn.

You could also ask the same question to the West, East or anyone really. We are all tribalistic to varying degrees and are inconsistent in how we value or react to various conflicts.
Actually it had mostly died down if not for a looney sufi from the 16th century who promoted cannibalism: Ismail 1st

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For what reason does wealthy Israel need billions of dollars to fight a war against an occupied territory without a standing military? Please someone explain this to me.
It’s kinda adorable that you think Israel would survive for two minutes with Syria, Lebanon, Jordan as neighbours without a ridiculously strong military. C’mon dude, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s fine to think the US should back off in terms of supporting Israel, but let’s not pretend Israel would survive two minutes there without western allies and support.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It’s kinda adorable that you think Israel would survive for two minutes with Syria, Lebanon, Jordan as neighbours without a ridiculously strong military. C’mon dude, lol.
What does that have to do at all with what I said? None of those are currently engaged in this conflict, and we have an entire fleet off the coast right now that has absolutely no qualms about bombing any of those countries into oblivion, and they know it. I don't see why we in addition to this need to give them billions of dollars in aid right now, it's not like it's Ukraine where they're being invaded.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What does that have to do at all with what I said? None of those are currently engaged in this conflict, and we have an entire fleet off the coast right now that has absolutely no qualms about bombing any of those countries into oblivion, and they know it. I don't see why we in addition to this need to give them billions of dollars in aid right now, it's not like it's Ukraine where they're being invaded.
Ahh, I assumed you were talking aid/support in general. Not just at this very moment.

Agree with you. Pumping aid into Israel for them to go to war in Gaza seems ridiculous.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yea that seems like a crazy amount of money to try and defeat a small group like Hamas in such a small area. What exactly does that money go towards?

All of the rockets and missiles seem so over the top and unnecessary.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yea that seems like a crazy amount of money to try and defeat a small group like Hamas in such a small area. What exactly does that money go towards?

All of the rockets and missiles seem so over the top and unnecessary.
I’m assuming at least some of the money will go towards funding the operatives in Gaza that somehow missed 1500 terrorists jumping the walls all at the same time.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I’m assuming at least some of the money will go towards funding the operatives in Gaza that somehow missed 1500 terrorists jumping the walls all at the same time.
I doubt that lack of funds was the reason they slept at the wheel and couldn’t stop a rag tag militia with primitive equipment from breaking through.

My bet this is a war chest to draw the new Middle East map and dare anyone to intervene.

They’re gonna make Sykes-Picot look like an achievement

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
he's a more valuable forum member than @Seven because his jokes are not repetitive and are more funny. and he's been right about Allegri for years, which also makes him a better football analyst than @Seven.

however access to tuz should depend on forum rules.
There is nothing that Turk says that holds any value.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 18)