Israeli-Palestinian conflict (13 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Please consult Google Maps for further assistance.
Thank you!
What for? The rumint is they have asked Iraq, Iran and Jordan for passage. Don’t need a map for that.

original post was a question because I have no way of knowing if it’s true

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Hamas aren't coming back from this one imo. I don't know what the goal was.
I hope so, but it’s not an easy job. Complete disarmament of Hamas will come with the expense of thousands of Palestinians, and hundreds of Israelis dead. Not sure for how long Israel can justify a ground war.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of idiots turn out to be right after enough time has passed. Any reading of history will show you that, and in pursuit of some perceived noble goal, humans are capable of any machination, no matter how deviant.
So you think US has provoked Hamas into these terrorist attacks so that they can start a war and remove debt? (Not to mention debt usually balloons with war)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I hope so, but it’s not an easy job. Complete disarmament of Hamas will come with the expense of thousands of Palestinians, and hundreds of Israelis dead. Not sure for how long Israel can justify a ground war.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think US has provoked Hamas into these terrorist attacks so that they can start a war and remove debt? (Not to mention debt usually balloons with war)
I read the last two pages, and I'm about to believe that the US manipulates Israel to force Hamas to attack them and kill their own citizens to get rid of the USl debt because they need a war. OMG!

The last time I checked, Russia invaded Ukraine. So if the US wants an excuse for war, there you have a huge one. And Hamas is a terrorist group related to Iran, which is many things other than an ally of the US.

So at least wait for Hamas to start playing the victim card before you all jump on the train.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what's going on.

Now that we got that out of it way, i also dont see the US as a monolith, and neither israel or iran for that matter. Institutions within a system will unilaterally act for self preservation or for their own convictions. But imho i don't see how whatever happened yesterday didnt have some insider assistance, who assisted, to what end and how, i dont know.

As for the debt question, it's not to remove debt but rather a get out of jail card. In a state of war, no one will stop debt ceiling increases, fed will print more money, inflation will all be chalked up to war effort, and not to mention production and sale of equipment to "allies".

I'm a cynic, and i don't put anything past someone's wild rationalizations.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Now that we got that out of it way, i also dont see the US as a monolith, and neither israel or iran for that matter. Institutions within a system will unilaterally act for self preservation or for their own convictions. But imho i don't see how whatever happened yesterday didnt have some insider assistance, who assisted, to what end and how, i dont know.

As for the debt question, it's not to remove debt but rather a get out of jail card. In a state of war, no one will stop debt ceiling increases, fed will print more money, inflation will all be chalked up to war effort, and not to mention production and sale of equipment to "allies".

I work in defense industry, so I have no doubt that Lockheeds and Raytheon’s of the world love and promote war. But thinking that anyone provoked Hamas in storming Israeli towns and killing 300 is a stretch.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I work in defense industry, so I have no doubt that Lockheeds and Raytheon’s of the world love and promote war. But thinking that anyone provoked Hamas in storming Israeli towns and killing 300 is a stretch.
It's not so much provocation, but Intel and sabotage, and of course it's a stretch but the way things transpired they just don't add up.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:

I find it curious how the conversation about/criticism of the military-industrial complex has kinda faded from the mainstream post George Dubya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)