Israeli-Palestinian conflict (16 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 29, 2006
Naturally, it's a risky business without assurance. It's not a decision anyone would take lightly. And they didn't fail imo, it was an intentional war.

Show me one other UN member state whose very existence is openly threatened by another UN member.
The first part I am happy to say we agree on 100% - ita was intentional war.

Supposedly every member of the security council. You can look at it as a MAD theory on a smaller scale. Your only claim is that you are being rational by denying the existence or quantity of nuclear arms you state HAS, but hellbent on destroying ANY nuclear capabilities of Iran. It's crazily arrogant and totally unreasonable position for any true negotiations, ergo your political position is that you are ALWAYS open to negotiations. It's like negotiating with a guy who is holding a gun on you.

Israel has the full right to call for denial or UN charter against Iran and nuclear weapons, once THEY give up theirs and not a minute before.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Your only claim is that you are being rational by denying the existence or quantity of nuclear arms you state HAS, but hellbent on destroying ANY nuclear capabilities of Iran
Of course, because it's in our best interest, just like having those capabilities is in Iran's. I'm not faulting them for that, It's their right to try and ours to stop it

It's like negotiating with a guy who is holding a gun on you...

Israel has the full right to call for denial or UN charter against Iran and nuclear weapons, once THEY give up theirs and not a minute before.
Absolutely not true, you are just making very false equivalence since Israel never threatened the existence of Iran. Every country being threatened has a right to defend it's interest in accordance to UN rules. Having a nuclear weapons is irrelevant. I guess US, France and the UK should disarm before asking N.Korea to stop its nuclear plans, or they are also unreasonable?

- - - Updated - - -

Also lets be very honest here, Israel will never, ever disarm its nuclear weapons, so even the purposion you are making is a pure fantasy.

Apr 29, 2006
@Tomice
Appreciate the honesty of the last post.

The normal conclusion is that Israel will end up having a nuclear armed neighbour. It's a when, not if scenario and everyone who can rationalize the future knows it. Be it Iran or someone else. Making everything to stop that might not be such a great idea for the existence of the jewish people and the world, opposite of the jewish state.

The truth is Israel is playing 'the Game of Thrones' to the point where you 'either win or die'. ;)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
@Tomice
Appreciate the honesty of the last post.

The normal conclusion is that Israel will end up having a nuclear armed neighbour. It's a when, not if scenario and everyone who can rationalize the future knows it. Be it Iran or someone else. Making everything to stop that might not be such a great idea for the existence of the jewish people and the world, opposite of the jewish state.

The truth is Israel is playing 'the Game of Thrones' to the point where you 'either win or die'. ;)
Not sure I agree with that conclusion,even so I hope the region will be at peace by then.

Regardless every decision taken to stop that eventuality from happening is taken as a calculated risk on a case by case basis, Israel isn't suicide . If the risks will outweigh the benefits Israel will do nothing. We have taken out the reactores in Iraq and Syria because it was safe to do so, we will not do it in Iran for example if it will end up threatening our existence in the long run.

For the last sentence, it seems like it as always been like that, had we lost in any war up till now we would have ceased to exist, just one nuclear missile on Israel would be enough as well. Our house words would be "never again" and I think it give a glimpse to the Israeli mentality behind all of this sadly, for better or worse

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Accurate or not, the point of Israeli encroachment on land that they shouldn't be is true either way. I just fail to understand how people seem to try to dismiss that being pushed out of your home and land would make you respond with greater violence.
They didn't respond with greater violence against a military mammoth which is absolutely armed to the teeth and even trains many US Police Departments (surprise surprise). All they had was a few hand weapons and stones in the main.
But of course, this means they're terrorists, because they dared, and still dare, to speak up and defend themselves.

Then you have those who are hell-bent on defending the mighty and powerful against the weak and downtrodden.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They didn't respond with greater violence against a military mammoth which is absolutely armed to the teeth and even trains many US Police Departments (surprise surprise). All they had was a few hand weapons and stones in the main.
But of course, this means they're terrorists, because they dared, and still dare, to speak up and defend themselves.

Then you have those who are hell-bent on defending the mighty and powerful against the weak and downtrodden.
So according to you the weaker people have the right to use weapons and should be called as saints while the strong nation should put up with everything because they are stronger and have no right in defending itself.
According to you strong is terrorist and weak is saint.. Nope thats not how it goes..

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, because it's in our best interest, just like having those capabilities is in Iran's. I'm not faulting them for that, It's their right to try and ours to stop it

Absolutely not true, you are just making very false equivalence since Israel never threatened the existence of Iran. Every country being threatened has a right to defend it's interest in accordance to UN rules. Having a nuclear weapons is irrelevant. I guess US, France and the UK should disarm before asking N.Korea to stop its nuclear plans, or they are also unreasonable?

- - - Updated - - -

Also lets be very honest here, Israel will never, ever disarm its nuclear weapons, so even the purposion you are making is a pure fantasy.
The problem with his post is his reference that Israel is the violent that harms the saints..
Every other country would wipe the Palestinians of the earth and no one would even care but since its Israel (and despite not doing what many other countries would do) Israel is being called the bully because they are stronger and lots of countries hates jews..
Should it be another country instead of Israel they would wipe out the entire Palestinians and people wouldnt have even criticise them (Im not saying this is what that needs to be done - I just say because its Israel people criticise first and then listen if they even do that..)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
So according to you the weaker people have the right to use weapons and should be called as saints while the strong nation should put up with everything because they are stronger and have no right in defending itself.
According to you strong is terrorist and weak is saint.. Nope thats not how it goes..

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with his post is his reference that Israel is the violent that harms the saints..
Every other country would wipe the Palestinians of the earth and no one would even care but since its Israel (and despite not doing what many other countries would do) Israel is being called the bully because they are stronger and lots of countries hates jews..
Should it be another country instead of Israel they would wipe out the entire Palestinians and people wouldn't have even criticise them (Im not saying this is what that needs to be done - I just say because its Israel people criticise first and then listen if they even do that..)
Listen, we shouldn't hold it against anyone who support the palestinians, if we are honest we both would probably do the same if we weren't Israeli. Don't take it personally or as an attack on our values.

Rooting for the weak is an almost involuntary response in today world, we are all thought from a young age to stand up for the weak and the oppressed. Every heroic story we tell as people is always about the underdog defeating the strong, from David and Goliath to Robin hood and the Alamo, look at almost every movie ever made and you will see that.

I mean Israel was overwhelmingly supported by both the left and the right in the west until the late 80's or so, there wasn't even a question regarding the legitimacy or support of Israel beside the fringes of politics, ask yourself what changed? did Israel became more bloodthirsty or the palestinians suddenly abandoned armed resistance? Nope.

Two things happened, Israel solidified its position as a regional power so it was no longer to be viewed as the "weak" side in the Israeli-arab conflict, which leads to the second thing. Since the arab countries abandoned the Palestinians it was no longer viewed as a Israeli-Arab conflict which was the case before then, the whole conflict became lopsided with a clear strong/weak division of roles. I believe the arab countries did this on purpose since they knew they can't defeat Israel militarily but that's another story. The roles just suddenly flipped on us, while mentally we still view ourselves as the weak.

People who live half the world away, on a different planet to ours basically, have their own life, issues and cares to worry about, mostly. they aren't as involved or know the fine details of the Israeli-palestinians conflict as we do, they don't know Israelis or the Palestinians either, just projecting on them predetermined roles in a play . People don't have the time to form an opinion, it's just easier to be on the "good" side while there isn't really one, just a matter of how you frame the story.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Should it be another country instead of Israel they would wipe out the entire Palestinians and people wouldnt have even criticise them (Im not saying this is what that needs to be done - I just say because its Israel people criticise first and then listen if they even do that..)
Both 'other countries would commit genocide and the world wouldn't react' and an antisemitic argument. Oh dear..

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This is a contender for the most stupid post of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Both 'other countries would commit genocide and the world wouldn't react' and an antisemitic argument. Oh dear..
:lol: bolded the exact same parts

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
He even repeated that genocide thing twice to make sure everyone gets the delusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not?
Because it's understandable.

It's a really complicated topic, but in short jews in general think that the world didn't help them during the holocaust, which is basically true. Hence if the world didn't care about the Jewish genocide as it happened why would it care about the palestinians one, unless of course it's been done by Jews. I don't agree or think it holds today but you can make that correlation

Whether you agree with the assertion above about the Jewish genocide or not, It's not rational thinking anyway since the world changed alot since but the Jewish persecuted mentality hasn't. All things considering that might take a while

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you read my response to him you will see that even before I responded to you I mentioned how the Jews are still stuck in the "weak" and oppressed mentality

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It's a really complicated topic, but in short jews in general think that the world didn't help them during the holocaust, which is basically true.
Liek lol what? There was a wee war going on during the holocaust.

- - - Updated - - -

FFS :lol2:

I thought he couldn't get any worse than his in/out transfer thread posts... and then he entered the political discourse with that atrocity.
:eek:rgut:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Liek lol what? There was a wee war going on during the holocaust.

- - - Updated - - -

:eek:rgut:
The first steps to the holocaust started way before the war when no one wanted to accept Jewish immigrants, We can argue on that and many historians do till this day so there won't be much we can add to the discussion. Even so you think losing almost half of your total ethnicity world-wide makes you assess things rationally?

Regardless that is just totally irrelevant to my point, I just said how Jews perceived it nothing more.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Because it's understandable.

It's a really complicated topic, but in short jews in general think that the world didn't help them during the holocaust, which is basically true. Hence if the world didn't care about the Jewish genocide as it happened why would it care about the palestinians one, unless of course it's been done by Jews. I don't agree or think it holds today but you can make that correlation

Whether you agree with the assertion above about the Jewish genocide or not, It's not rational thinking anyway since the world changed alot since but the Jewish persecuted mentality hasn't. All things considering that might take a while

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you read my response to him you will see that even before I responded to you I mentioned how the Jews are still stuck in the "weak" and oppressed mentality
Well, this "us vs them" mentality is something I expect from uneducated mass of Trump supporters, but not from a country with second highest post-secondary educated population. That's why they should be blamed.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Well, this "us vs them" mentality is something I expect from uneducated mass of Trump supporters, but not from a country with second highest post-secondary educated population. That's why they should be blamed.
Don't think it's fair at all, Even with a doctorate someone can suffer a PTSD. It would be like blaming a veteran that he can't cope.

2,000 years of prosecution effect the very fabric of a nation or however you want to call Jews. We aren't talking about ancient history either, 6 mil dead less then a 100 years ago, it's basically nothing in historical timeline and ethnicities, jews especially, have a much longer memory then indivduales.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Don't think it's fair at all, Even with a doctorate someone can suffer a PTSD. It would be like blaming a veteran that he can't cope.

2,000 years of prosecution effect the very fabric of a nation or however you want to call Jews. We aren't talking about ancient history either, 6 mil dead less then a 100 years ago, it's basically nothing in historical overview and ethnicities, jews especially, have a much longer memory then indivduales.
We're living 70 years after Holocaust, and at some point this society, which touts itself as an oasis in the middle east desert of violence should move on. I understand what you're saying though but honestly I don't give them a pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)