Israeli-Palestinian conflict (22 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh yeah, I saw that.

At least three of the 52 Palestinians reportedly killed Monday in clashes ahead of the Jerusalem opening of the U.S. Embassy to Israel were “armed terrorists” caught trying to plant a bomb near the Gaza border fence, Israel's military said. - http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ith-israel-as-embassy-opens-in-jerusalem.html
That's coming from Israel's military tho. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to plant bombs, that's a risky move to begin with. Sad reading so many people are losing their lives, it brings back memories of Balkan wars. We should be better than this as a world and as a community.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's coming from Israel's military tho. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to plant bombs, that's a risky move to begin with. Sad reading so many people are losing their lives, it brings back memories of Balkan wars. We should be better than this as a world and as a community.
I know. At least 3 guys were trying to plant a bomb by a fence, so 52 end up dead...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
@Tomice correct me if I'm wrong, after us announces opening of new embassy hamas coaxed gazans into attempting to cross border into Israel and reclaim eat Jerusalem, pretty sure all parties knew the consequences of their actions and are just playing a high stake poker game with Palestinian lives

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
@Tomice correct me if I'm wrong, after us announces opening of new embassy hamas coaxed gazans into attempting to cross border into Israel and reclaim eat Jerusalem, pretty sure all parties knew the consequences of their actions and are just playing a high stake poker game with Palestinian lives
They're one and the same people.
Also, it assumes that Palestinians don't really care about Jerusalem until Hamas (Palestinians) decided to play with their emotions.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
They're one and the same people.
Also, it assumes that Palestinians don't really care about Jerusalem until Hamas (Palestinians) decided to play with their emotions.
People just don't decide on a date and place to meet to storm borders, this is not an evite event, if you don't think hamas did this to milk the human tragedy you are really naive.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No shit. Isn't that what a lot of this conflict is?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
People just don't decide on a date and place to meet to storm borders, this is not an evite event, if you don't think hamas did this to milk the human tragedy you are really naive.
People do this sort of stuff via social media all the time (organise protests, demonstrations etc.)

The human tragedy was created a long time ago and continues today.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They were behind the brilliant idea of the March to cross the border to reclaim east Jerusalem
How is that or their intentions relevant to what happened? People (except children) who came to the protests knew the consequences of their actions as much as Hamas did. So you either refuse to see it as a human tragedy because those people got what they were asking for, or you see it as what it is, a human tragedy, and there’s ONE party responsible for that: the murderer. You can’t have it both ways “we are sad about what hapened but it was their own fault”.

Even if I agreed with you about Hamas’s ill intentions, there’s again one party that enables those intentions. There has to be a murderer for you to capitalize on their murder.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How is that or their intentions relevant to what happened? People (except children) who came to the protests knew the consequences of their actions as much as Hamas did. So you either refuse to see it as a human tragedy because those people got what they were asking for, or you see it as what it is, a human tragedy, and there’s ONE party responsible for that: the murderer. You can’t have it both ways “we are sad about what hapened but it was their own fault”.

Even if I agreed with you about Hamas’s ill intentions, there’s again one party that enables those intentions. There has to be a murderer for you to capitalize on their murder.
Funny since I'm pretty sure i used human tragedy on this very page, and this whole conversation started with me blaming the main culprit here: the orange baboon.
Also it can be both a tragedy and like you said they knew full well the implicatios of their action. The whole Gaza situation is deplorable, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as bad if not for social media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)