Israeli-Palestinian conflict (145 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Of course not. And there are, almost always, two sides to a story. But the level and the nature of the systemic violence of Israel towards Palestinians coupled with the utter callousness of Israeli ambassadors abroad (they're calling babies terrorists ffs, that's the level we've reached), makes it pretty obvious who the bad guy is in this story.
I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the bad guys/good guys theory, don't think that's how the world works, but I can understand why the strong versus the underdog perception naturaly contribute to that division of roles. I'm just more of a cause and effect guy myself, Systemic violence is an unfortunate side effect, it's not inherent.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Israel has a military that could take on the entire Middle East and win, who regularly massacre lightly armed and un-armed Palestinians, yet you will still have those who regularly make excuses for their racist systematic violence like @Tomice and @GordoDeCentral.

The bottom line is a people who violently kicked out by a bunch of Europeans, who claimed their ancestors lived their millenniums ago so the land is rightfully theirs, are being blamed for defending themselves and wanting their land and property back.

If someone violently kicks you out of your house, you fight back. That's as simple as the Israeli-Palestinian issue is. Everything else is smokes and mirrors to make the situation seem complicated.
Way to dumb down the conversation

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Personal anecdote about this bullying to civilian:

The last time I was in Israel/West Bank, when I travelled back from West Bank to Israel, our Bus was filled with muslim girls, who all live in Israel (most of them probably in Jerusalem) but aren't allowed to study there. So they have to travel every day to Bethlehem to go to school/university or whatever. When we were about to enter the israelian boarder they stopped us and told everybody to get out of the bus. When those armed guys saw my blue eyes, they told me and my Ex-gf to wait inside the bus. So the military controlled those 12-16 year old girls for more than 3 hours. After 3 hours the bus continued his way to Jerusalem without them. Just busdriver, my ex-gf and me and it was already dark outside. And everyone acted like this is just normal. Getting bullied as a daily business. Fucking bastards.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The last time I was in Israel/West Bank, when I travelled back from West Bank to Israel, our Bus was filled with muslim girls, who all live in Israel (most of them probably in Jerusalem) but aren't allowed to study there. So they have to travel every day to Bethlehem to go to school/university or whatever. When we were about to enter the israelian boarder they stopped us and told everybody to get out of the bus. When those armed guys saw my blue eyes, they told me and my Ex-gf to wait inside the bus. So the military controlled those 12-16 year old girls for more than 3 hours. After 3 hours the bus continued his way to Jerusalem without them. Just busdriver, my ex-gf and me and it was already dark outside. And everyone acted like this is just normal. Getting bullied as a daily business. Fucking bastards.

The worst part is that at some point the rest of the World just doesn't care anymore. The entire Middle East is rapidly approaching that point. Peace in the Middle East has now become something people joke about in sitcoms.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Where is the bullying part tho? I am sad for the girls' butchered daily routine and generally the dangerous environment that no kid should have to put up with but it doesn't appear outside of the realm of reason to search kids given it's the terrorists' finest play to equip kids with IED for a win-win situation: the kid blows up and murders civilians and himself and Israel is forced to install invasive security measures which can be used for propaganda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_suicide_bombers_in_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Where is the bullying part tho? I am sad for the girls' butchered daily routine and generally the dangerous environment that no kid should have to put up with but it doesn't appear outside of the realm of reason to search kids given it's the terrorists' finest play to equip kids with IED for a win-win situation: the kid blows up and murders civilians and himself and Israel is forced to install invasive security measures which can be used for propaganda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_suicide_bombers_in_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict
I should be thankful. They probably saved my life.

No, seriously, I agree it's totally understandable/necessary that they make those controls. But please, after controlling them for fucking 3 hours they aren't able to let 20-30 girls with schoolbags pass the border.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

I know for some Its a sin to say these days, but Im also more on the Israeli side in this conflict. Pallywood likes to take the victime role

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I know for some Its a sin to say these days, but Im also more on the Israeli side in this conflict. Pallywood likes to take the victime role
It's understandable that they act like victims considering what they've been through and I don't blame them. Their lands keep on being stolen.

Funny pattern that you root for the opressor in the Nazis and Israel

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
All things considered, aren't they though?
When you fire rockets into Israel and say the jews should all be killed? Not really. They never been seeking peace. And so many Europeans are having sympathi for them :inter:

Sure Israel are making mistakes, but pallywood arent without guild in this case. Not even close. You can thank Egypt, Syria and Iraq for this shit since the 6 day war.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
When you fire rockets into Israel and say the jews should all be killed? Not really. They never been seeking peace. And so many Europeans are having sympathi for them :inter:

Sure Israel are making mistakes, but pallywood arent without guild in this case. Not even close. You can thank Egypt, Syria and Iraq for this $#@! since the 6 day war.
Have to agree here. Israel makes mistakes but at some point how long can you here that your nation and it’s people should be wiped off he planet and constant rocket bombardments etc.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Sure Israel are making mistakes, but pallywood arent without guild in this case. Not even close. You can thank Egypt, Syria and Iraq for this shit since the 6 day war.
Why is this happening in the first place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 129)