Israeli-Palestinian conflict (24 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
:tup:

The Israeli settlements are one of the most disgusting things currently happening in this world... especially considering the blind eye the world turns to them and the displacements and atrocities that follow them.
So people moving to live somewhere is as disgusting as the paris attacks, charlie hebdo, the stoning of women for adultery, the throwing of people from buildings for homosexuality and the mirder of people for apostasy or for writing a secular blog in a muslim country?
I dont support the settlements, but you need to recalibrate your moral compass.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
So people moving to live somewhere is as disgusting as the paris attacks, charlie hebdo, the stoning of women for adultery, the throwing of people from buildings for homosexuality and the mirder of people for apostasy or for writing a secular blog in a muslim country?
Thats an interesting way of describing the Israeli occupation for lebensraum.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Thats an interesting way of describing the Israeli occupation for lebensraum.
I love the amount of middle ground in that discussion.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I love the amount of middle ground in that discussion.
How can there be middle ground when arguing against ideological artefacts? The success of the Israeli fait accompli is directly measured when the statement "settlements need to be uprooted before comprehensive peace can be reached" is considered zealous.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, because the Israeli settlements are only about people moving to settle somewhere... No one is displaced, forced into refugee status by them, no atrocities against Palestinians happen because of them, the settlers aren't filled with some of the worst extremists on that side... :rolleyes:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yes, because the Israeli settlements are only about people moving to settle somewhere... No one is displaced, forced into refugee status by them, no atrocities against Palestinians happen because of them, the settlers aren't filled with some of the worst extremists on that side... :rolleyes:
As long as it's not a peaceful solution (which is extremely harmful to everyone) it's a good days work :tup:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The worst extremists on that side are like red cross activists compared to the extremists on the other side.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Because burning families alive including babies is definitely Red Cross activism at its finest... :sergio:

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/12/israeli-settlers-wedding-palestinian
I often forget that some people need everything spelled out for them. Comparisons, metaphors and hyperboles must be avoided. Ok then

1. Clearly the Israeli government doesn't support violent fanatics like these and is arresting them.
2. Some Israeli governments have supported/support the settlers, who are also fanatics, but most of them are not violent.
3. On the other side you have Hamas, who are terrorists and Fatah who are former terrorists (if that's possible), but the more extreme Hamas is more popular.
4. When you talk about the atrocities against Palestinians in Israel, keep in mind that Israel is the country where Arabs have more rights than anywhere else in the region. Israel is a secular country and Arabs have all the rights that Jews have, plus they don't have to serve in the army.
5. I support a 2 state solution in theory, but its important to know what kind of country Palestine is going to be. Based on the Gaza experience, if Israel withdraw from the West Bank now, it will become a terrorist controlled country. The current situation is at least better than that.
6. In order to become a country, Palestine should have a secular constitution, ban terrorist groups like Hamas from entering elections, recognize Israel and guarantee equal rights to all minorities, including Jews. I see no indication that it's going to be anything like this.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You said "the worst extremists on the other side are like Red Cross activists."

I showed how this was an absolutely absurd statement. I can show many more examples of both Israeli settlers and Israeli soldiers committing atrocities against Palestinians.

So don't go all revisionist now, as if you didn't make that statement above or claim that it was just hyperbole. Extremists on every side commit atrocities and you acting like Israeli extremists are just participating in baby play is disrespectful to the victims of their terrorist acts.

I could frankly care less that Palestians commit more acts of terror. Of course they do, their country has been occupied by Israel, their homes are being bulldozed, a huge number of them have been killed by "retaliatory" missile strikes by the Israeli military, which are quite clearly designed to inflict slcivilian casualties, and a huge population has been reduced to refugee status while watching the Israeli settlements expand and build on top of their former homes.

Israel's settlement policy is as much at fault for the current situation as anything else. This isn't absolving Palestinins of blame, but acting like this is a one-way street is silly.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

I showed how this was an absolutely absurd statement. I can show many more examples of both Israeli settlers and Israeli soldiers committing atrocities against Palestinians.

So don't go all revisionist now, as if you didn't make that statement above or claim that it was just hyperbole. Extremists on every side commit atrocities and you acting like Israeli extremists are just participating in baby play is disrespectful to the victims of their terrorist acts.

I could frankly care less that Palestians commit more acts of terror. Of course they do, their country has been occupied by Israel, their homes are being bulldozed, a huge number of them have been killed by "retaliatory" missile strikes by the Israeli military, which are quite clearly designed to inflict slcivilian casualties, and a huge population has been reduced to refugee status while watching the Israeli settlements expand and build on top of their former homes.

Israel's settlement policy is as much at fault for the current situation as anything else. This isn't absolving Palestinins of blame, but acting like this is a one-way street is silly.
He's clearly a Conservative and will never change opinion.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I didn't say that. I said, compared to the extremists on the other side. And it is obviously a hyperbole. You need to do some reading comprehension exercises.

Israel's settlement policy is as much at fault for the current situation as anything else. This isn't absolving Palestinins of blame, but acting like this is a one-way street is silly
Read the beginning of the conversation again. I don't support the settlement policy, but saying its morally equivalent to murdering innocent people is bullshit. And the bold part is just a load of crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)