Israeli-Palestinian conflict (13 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This whole thing started even before 1948!
The british who controlled the area talked about a split towards two countries. Israel accepted Palestine didnt.
Palestinians didnt recognize Israel since they wanted the whole thing!
1967 proved to be crucial for Israel which many arabian nations were about to attack Israel and Israel reacted fast and it proved decisive.
Since then countries that were trying to eliminate Israel made peace with Israel. Jordan and Egypt are good examples which Israel gave up on Sinai in order to make peace which indicate that Israel want peace and not war.
Palestine still refused to recognize Israel as a state.
When Arafat died and Abu Mazen took the reigns it seems like the Palestinian are looking more towards living a more peaceful life with their own country.
The main Problem is Hamas right now. The main problem was always was been the unwillingness of recognize Israel as a country using violence to fit words to actions.
Terror organizatins like Hamas are those who are responsible for those.
The number of Jews in Palestine prior to WWI was pretty insignificant compared to the Arab population. Why would they not want self-rule after being occupied by the British and the Ottomans before that? Why on earth would they agree to give up a large chunk of their land because some Jews believed it was their God-given right to create their state on it? And are you really that naive to believe that your country exists because a holy book said so? You only exist and only continue to exist because you serve a purpose to certain world powers. This "peace" you speak of is farce, it's just words. Jordan and Egypt and the rest of the Arab world is spineless and toothless, they're more than happy to live a life of beggars while their "brethren" are being treated like their lives aren't worth shit. Truth is they were never capable to fighting a US-backed Israel and won't be anytime soon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I don't think jews moving there had anything to do with their god given right.

by brethren you say that arabs to arabs? That's weird, what is the difference between an arab and lets say some eu person, or a chinese guy. As long as people will think like this there always be many conflicts based on hate.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I don't think jews moving there had anything to do with their god given right.

by brethren you say that arabs to arabs? That's weird, what is the difference between an arab and lets say some eu person, or a chinese guy. As long as people will think like this there always be many conflicts based on hate.
Yes it is...the entire bases of the country is that God gave it to them and thus it's the promised land. Ask any Zionist and they'll tell you that.

As for the bold, that's not really my opinion. That's how most Arabs perceive themselves. Arabs feel compassion for Palestinians (aside from the reasons we all do) partially because they're Arabs just like themselves and likewise Palestinians call on Arabs to help them because of that same bond.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Bah, what zionist tell I can't take seriously. What I meant was that I doubt that the land was given by western powers because of the god given right, doubt they are that crazy too (could be though).

I get that, but to me it seems crazy to distinguish people so much. I for eg doen't see anything different in person if it's slav, arab or whatever (apart from culture ofc). I would understand when it's the same nation, but like this, it's just very strange to me.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Bah, what zionist tell I can't take seriously. What I meant was that I doubt that the land was given by western powers because of the god given right, doubt they are that crazy too (could be though).
That's exactly what I was saying...they were created because of interests. They were and are serving a purpose. Zionists think it's because it was destiny.

I get that, but to me it seems crazy to distinguish people so much. I for eg doen't see anything different in person if it's slav, arab or whatever (apart from culture ofc). I would understand when it's the same nation, but like this, it's just very strange to me.
To be fair these nations were created by outside forces but obviously you can't divide a people that are united to begin with so in the end no one else is to blame.

Jul 2, 2006
Turkey declares three days of mourning over Palestine deaths

Turkey is conducting diplomatic talks with its neighboring countries as well as the U.S. and the UN Security Council to help to resolve the situation in Gaza.

ANKARA

Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc has announced three days of mourning beginning on Tuesday to show solidarity with Palestinians against the Israeli campaign on Gaza which has claimed nearly 570 lives so far.

Arinc said Turkey condemns Israel's massacre on Palestinians and he described Israel's military operation, as an "atrocity that has almost turned into a genocide."

Turkey is conducting diplomatic talks with its neighboring countries as well as the U.S. and the UN Security Council to help to resolve the situation in Gaza, he added.

"Israel should end its arbitrary treatment of the Palestinian people and understand that national security provides a just, fair and comprehensive peace," he said.

Since July 7, Israel has pounded the embattled coastal enclave with fierce air and naval bombardments with the stated aim of halting Palestinian rocket fire.

Sunday was the deadliest day yet of Israel's two-week onslaught, with at least 110 Palestinians – including 72 in eastern Gaza City's residential area of Shujaya – killed in devastating air and artillery attacks.

On Thursday night, Israel stepped up its offensive to include ground operations, sending thousands of troops into the embattled Palestinian territory.

Israel's military operation, dubbed operation "Protective Edge," is the self-proclaimed Jewish state's third major offensive against the blockaded Gaza Strip within the last six years.

www.aa.com.tr/en

Muslim academics call for unity against Israeli strikes

ISTANBUL

Muslim intellectuals from Iraq, Palestine, Egypt and Turkey have jointly condemned Israel's aggression on Gaza Strip accusing Israel of being "primarily liable" for the massacre of at least 541 Palestinians and injuries of 3150.

"Unity brings triumph so I call upon all groups in Gaza to band together. The Gazan people should continue the resistence," said Dr. Nawaf Al Takruri, Secretary General of the Palestine Scholars Association reading out a joint declaration on behalf of Muslim scholars during a press conference at Istanbul headquarters of Turkish IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation.

Takruri stated that the academics do not desire any deal with Israel, but said they will only accept one that will ensure the protection of all Gazan people's rights.

"The right to speak only pertains to the people of Gaza, the world should lend an ear to them," he added.

The secretary general demanded Egypt immediately re-open the border gates with Gaza, namely the Rafah border terminal. The Rafah terminal is the enclave's only window to the outside world that is not under Israeli control but remains closed by the Egyptian junta since last summer's ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.

"We want the injured to be evacuated and receive treatment and medication in Egypt," he said.

The academics also called upon all Muslims and "conscious-bearers" to raise their voices against the "atrocity," and to stage protests.

"It is forbidden by religion to remain silent in the face of such murders. As Prophet Mohammed puts it, it means being a 'mute devil.' Our share is to speak the truth to prompt the related authorities and remove Al-Aqsa Mosque from Zionist oppression," said Abdulvahap Ekinci, Head of Turkish Union of Ahly Sunnah Scholars.

The Former chairman of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, Prof. Dr. Ahmet Agirakca said "the fight for Gaza will continue until the liberation of Al-Quds (arabic for Jerusalem) - the first kiblah (praying direction) of Muslims."

"As scholars, we must put pressure on world leaders. This massacre should be clearly told and laid bare before the world's public eye. They (Israel) have gone too far by killing women and children. Allah will bring us all to account for our silence," said Union of Iraqi Scholars representative Dr. Hussein Semirai.

"We can win only if we join our forces. The Gazan resistance against Israel - even in these circumstances - will be able to stop the Israeli forces. Israel will step back," stated Atia Adlan, representative of Muslim Thinkers Platform.

He urged the Arab League to take a political stance against the Israeli military operations and called on Arab countries to cut off relations with Israel.

Dr. Yahya Tai, member of Union of Iraqi Scholars, called for a boycott against the products of Israel and the countries supporting the Jewish state.

"Israel must cease these assaults if it does not want the war to expand," IHH President Bulent Yildirim said.

Sunday saw the deadliest day yet in the two-week-long onslaught with at least 110 Palestinians – including 72 in Shujaya, a residential area of eastern Gaza City – killed by devastating Israeli air and artillery attacks.

Israel's military operation, dubbed "Protective Edge," is the self-proclaimed Jewish state's third major offensive against the densely-populated Gaza Strip - which is home to some 1.8 million Palestinians – within the last six years.

www.aa.com.tr/en

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

it was basically sold to zionists to fund war effort in ww1, read on sykes picot and balfour declaration

if you have time http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v06/v06p389_John.html

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That's exactly what I was saying...they were created because of interests. They were and are serving a purpose. Zionists think it's because it was destiny.

To be fair these nations were created by outside forces but obviously you can't divide a people that are united to begin with so in the end no one else is to blame.
Yeah, messed up situation. And the fuck the west is supporting them I can't understand. Israel is not even hiding their actions.

I cought CNN last night by chance when some "expert" I guess talked about israle-palestine situation. I almost vomited. Such one sided propoganda it was disgusting...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
it was basically sold to zionists to fund war effort in ww1, read on sykes picot and balfour declaration

if you have time http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v06/v06p389_John.html
Time? What about days :D
As I remember from history, Balfour never said anything about a Jewish state and it clearly says that the people already living there, should not be harmed in any way.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm just curious. What were you guys tought in school about this subject. I actually only remember learning about it 9th grade and it was clearly pro Palestine.
About israle-palestinian conflict?

We were never tought about it as far as I remember. Maybe some one class few minutes notice not more.

We are tought here about ww2 history, lithuanian history and our role in genocide and about all the auchwitz stuff. It's kind of neutral, definetly not pro jewish.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I find it hilarious how Obama is calling for Putin to "use his influence" on the Russian freedom fighters in Ukraine, after that plane crash

Whilst at the same time, he is using his own lnfluence in the wrong way, regarding Israel doing a ethnical cleansing in Ghaza, wich has made nearly 4 times as many victims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)