Israeli-Palestinian conflict (18 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It is a fair point, I disagree though. Not every jew wants, care or willing to be an Israeli, you are forcing it upon them for the fact they are jewish.
Just to be clear, i am not endorsing any of those actions against jews or israelis. I wanted him yo stay consistent. He argued that since people voted for hamas they should bear the responsibility with them. Ergo, he should hold the same stance vis a vis israel.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No. Stay on course, stay consistent. Per the logic you presented(look back on your posts) to justify israels actions, your anger and indignation at these first world problems you depict as some great tragedy is squarely on israel and israelis who democratically elected a criminal genocidal regime that is killing civilians indiscriminately. Any blowback is on them.
C’mon lol

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Just to be clear, i am not endorsing any of those actions against jews or israelis. I wanted him yo stay consistent. He argued that since people voted for hamas they should bear the responsibility with them. Ergo, he should hold the same stance vis a vis israel.
Sure, but diaspora jews don't get to vote in Israeli election. Heck, even israelis living abroad can't.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes time will solve all the problems. I can safely predict that Hamas won’t exist 1000 years from now.
We’re not talking about that time scale, are we?
Of course we are. Time matters.

That's why I said the will of the people will make or break any solution. Hamas has been in power for less than two decades. Maybe you could say their roots have been in charge for a couple of decades more. Regimes have ruled for hundreds of years though. Le Roi-Soleil happened less than a century before the fucking French Revolution.

If you present a solution that is likely to be appealing to Palestinians, Hamas will lose popular support and they will crumble. No matter what financial injections they might receive. Terrorize civilians and Hamas will grow. It has been like this just about every time in history. It will be the same now.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I disagree as well. They are two different things.

And I mean, isn't it partly evidenced by the diaspora? If you care that much about a Jewish state and in particular about that Jewish state being Israel, wouldn't you want to be there?
Israels diaspora is just as important to its existence as the IDF. Lobbying, control of narrative, and political pressure in the west is vital and needs "boots on the ground".

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
No, they can't.

In the end numbers always win. Sure, you could 'enforce' it by killing anyone who resists. But if enough women resist, that would come down to killing your entire population. Then who's going to work for you?

I have the idea you think history began 50 years ago.
True. But it is not like they voted in a movment that hid its intentions or decived them to think there will ever be another election.
I'm also sure they still will beat the PA if any election in gaza will take place in the near future
I think we are ignoring the most important pillar of totalitarian regimes. Taking control of the education system and state media.

They want their people to live in a bubble. No control method is effective as gaining public support by indoctrination and brainwashing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think we are ignoring the most important pillar of totalitarian regimes. Taking control of the education system and state media.

They want their people to live in a bubble. No control method is effective as gaining public support by indoctrination and brainwashing.
Yes, and it works to an extent. Look at China, look at Russia.

But there are almost always comes a time when they fail and crumble. And if you have internet available, it becomes even harder to control the narrative. I'm just not sure Hamas have that kind of power.

Jun 16, 2020
Not true. I said that Hamas started the conflict, and that they are democratically elected. Not that any Palestinian should bear the consequences of their actions, go back to page 687. Not the first time you’re putting words in my mouth here. The discussion was wether your can or can’t be in war with Hamas

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
"the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

The amalek reference in his Saturday speech is just the cherry on top.
Most important perquisite in the genocide qualification is intent.

I don't think you can prove unequivocally an expressed intent. It needs to be a goal in of itself.

A politician pandering is not it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
"the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

The amalek reference in his Saturday speech is just the cherry on top.
So was Vietnam a genocide? Was Afghanistan a genocide? Was Iraq a genocide?

War ≠ genocide

If this continues after the war with Hamas finishes (and yes it is very much so a war with Hamas), then you shall have an argument. But the couple hundred Palestinians killed each year outside when the conflict has turned hot does not at all equal genocide.

Ethnic cleansing is what’s going on. Which is also a war crime, but not genocide.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Of course we are. Time matters.

That's why I said the will of the people will make or break any solution. Hamas has been in power for less than two decades. Maybe you could say their roots have been in charge for a couple of decades more. Regimes have ruled for hundreds of years though. Le Roi-Soleil happened less than a century before the fucking French Revolution.

If you present a solution that is likely to be appealing to Palestinians, Hamas will lose popular support and they will crumble. No matter what financial injections they might receive. Terrorize civilians and Hamas will grow. It has been like this just about every time in history. It will be the same now.
Here’s the problem IMO: peace solutions and diplomacy are only possible in moments of opportunity. You can’t expect a peace offer to be on the table for 40 years. This is what empowers likes of Hamas. This is, IMO, was the reason behind October 7 attack. Hamas (or any other terrorist group) will be irrelevant in a just society (this is where we agree) and that gives them every motivation to sabotage it in any way they can. Unfortunately it takes very little to do so, and time is not on peace’ side (this is where we disagree)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So was Vietnam a genocide? Was Afghanistan a genocide? Was Iraq a genocide?

War ≠ genocide

If this continues after the war with Hamas finishes (and yes it is very much so a war with Hamas), then you shall have an argument. But the couple hundred Palestinians killed each year outside when the conflict has turned hot does not at all equal genocide.

Ethnic cleansing is what’s going on. Which is also a war crime, but not genocide.

That's your argument? Really?

I agree btw that it's probably more ethnic cleansing than genocide. But you can always call a genocide a "war", if you want to.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, they kind of are.

At the very least there can be no debate they are clearly and intentionally violating international law. And have done so for a very long time.
They are absolutely violating international law and have been pursuing ethnic cleansing of Palestinian zones, and are doing it on a very large scale right now. Which is awful enough. But does not equal genocide. At least not yet.

- - - Updated - - -

That's your argument? Really?

I agree btw that it's probably more ethnic cleansing than genocide. But you can always call a genocide a "war", if you want to.
Yes, genocide can be a war, but that doesn’t make all wars where large numbers of civilians die, genocide. Nuance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Here’s the problem IMO: peace solutions and diplomacy are only possible in moments of opportunity. You can’t expect a peace offer to be on the table for 40 years. This is what empowers likes of Hamas. This is, IMO, was the reason behind October 7 attack. Hamas (or any other terrorist group) will be irrelevant in a just society (this is where we agree) and that gives them every motivation to sabotage it in any way they can. Unfortunately it takes very little to do so, and time is not on peace’ side (this is where we disagree)
Well, we kind of agree on the time part too.

It's true that there are only small windows of opportunity. But obviously with time come other windows. The Israeli response now could have been a very different one and there would have been a window for opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

They are absolutely violating international law and have been pursuing ethnic cleansing of Palestinian zones, and are doing it on a very large scale right now. Which is awful enough. But does not equal genocide. At least not yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, genocide can be a war, but that doesn’t make all wars where large numbers of civilians die, genocide. Nuance.
Agreed. Your wording made it sound different in my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)