Israeli-Palestinian conflict (48 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
"In 1967, Israel captured East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza during a six-day war with its Arab neighbors.

Six years later, Israeli courts returned the plot to the two Jewish associations who owned the compound before the war. The associations sold it in 2003 to Nahalat Shimon International, a company created to move Jewish Israelis into the area.

In 1982, the Palestinian residents signed an agreement to remain on the property as protected tenants, as long as they paid rent to its Jewish owners. But Palestinians now say they were deceived and refuse to recognize the agreement.

When offered a similar compromise last Sunday, Palestinian residents again declined, saying they do not recognize the right of the Jewish Israelis over their homes.

“We can’t accept such a thing, although of course we know it’s a risk,”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-ea...palestinians-brace-for-battle-over-evictions/

Contracts mean something.
East Jerusalem is Palestinian territory. Even the UN considers its 1967 annexation to be unlawful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
East Jerusalem is Palestinian territory. Even the UN considers its 1967 annexation to be unlawful.
It doesn't matter, those people that bought the land bought it before Israel was even created. If you are indeed for rightful owners to have their property back you would not side with the Palestinians here. There's an undisputed contract proving ownership.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
How convenient is that. You annex the land they've lived on for decades, refuse to consider them citizens even after that, and then argue that because they're not citizens you can't be considered racist for evicting them from their homes(only Palestinian families) and settling Jewish people in their stead.

But my question to you is, is there a point where you believe evictions, annexation and additional settlements should stop? If not, where do you think these people should go?
I'm not sure I'm following, what land we annexed and from who?
Regardless, any Arab that stayed in Israel received citizenship, so I'm not sure what you mean by refusing citizenship after.

To your question, I'm a huge critic of the settlements and I believe they highly damaging to any possible peace, as long as we don't have peace they will continue to grow Unfourtenetly. Evictions should be judged on case by case basis but again not something i generally approve of. Annexation claim you keep bringing up is still not clear to me though.

- - - Updated - - -

East Jerusalem was annexed from the Jordanians,

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
"In 1967, Israel captured East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza during a six-day war with its Arab neighbors.

Six years later, Israeli courts returned the plot to the two Jewish associations who owned the compound before the war. The associations sold it in 2003 to Nahalat Shimon International, a company created to move Jewish Israelis into the area.

In 1982, the Palestinian residents signed an agreement to remain on the property as protected tenants, as long as they paid rent to its Jewish owners. But Palestinians now say they were deceived and refuse to recognize the agreement.

When offered a similar compromise last Sunday, Palestinian residents again declined, saying they do not recognize the right of the Jewish Israelis over their homes.

“We can’t accept such a thing, although of course we know it’s a risk,”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-ea...palestinians-brace-for-battle-over-evictions/

Contracts mean something.

a company created to move Jewish Israelis into the area.

That was already happening during WW two.. by powers that some say also funded Hitler behind the scenes. That's right let that sink in, scaring your own people to get to the desired land..real history is shady as fuck..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I wanted to stay out of it but please if you dont understand what you are posting you shouldnt post.
For decades its the other way around.

Do you think USA Russia or any other strong country with zero tolerance attitude would allow this to happen?

Israel is kind of the reason that Palestine people still exist. USA Russia would probably wipe out the whole area in day 1 or day 2 if they feel generous.
Im not saying bomb them all and finish it as obviously the best result would be all living "happily ever after" but its kind of difficult to do so when the other party which you also fund uses your funds against you.

Also - When you fight someone who is 100 times stronger than you - even if you hit 100 times, the other will have more effect with one hit.

and.. while Hamas launches rockets at Israel targeting civillians - Israel are busy on the phone telling people to evacuate specific buildings so they dont get hurt.

So easy to post slogans without really knowing whats actually going on.

I hope this will be my last post on this issue as I really dont like to talk about politic issues and I dont like the idea of innocents getting hurt (from both sides).

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I wanted to stay out of it but please if you dont understand what you are posting you shouldnt post.

Do you think USA Russia or any other strong country with zero tolerance attitude would allow this to happen?

Israel is kind of the reason that Palestine people still exist. USA Russia would probably wipe out the whole area in day 1 or day 2 if they feel generous.
Im not saying bomb them all and finish it as obviously the best result would be all living "happily ever after" but its kind of difficult to do so when the other party which you also fund uses your funds against you.

Also - When you fight someone who is 100 times stronger than you - even if you hit 100 times, the other will have more effect with one hit.

and.. while Hamas launches rockets at Israel targeting civillians - Israel are busy on the phone telling people to evacuate specific buildings so they dont get hurt.

I hope this will be my last post on this issue as I really dont like to talk about politic issues and I dont like the idea of innocents getting hurt (from both sides).
I don't like to go into politics either, especially into the sensitive stuff, but c'mon...

Jäger

May 2, 2021
At what point do we all recognize Israel for what it is? An apartheid state.

Or is this annexation and eviction of families from their homes also self-defense?
This is the sort of rhetoric that feeds misinformation. People are quick to jump on the anti-israel bandwagon whenever these type of scenarios arise, without doing much research on the context of what's actually going on.
Jewish presence in the "Shiek Jarrah" area (i.e. the area where the 'evictions' took place) predates the formation of Israel in 1949 by centuries due to the area's religious and historical importance to the Jews. In the late 19th century the Jews bought the surrounding area and it soon became a haven for yemenite Jews who had subsequently migrated to Jerusalem. The area remained relatively peaceful until the 1930s - 1940s when the British Empire assisted the Arabs in ripping the Jews from their homes in Sheik Jarrah, with the yemeni Jewish community also expelled from the neighboring Silwan area. In 1949, Jordan, with the backing of the Arab League, invaded Israel and captured Judea, Samaria and the Old city of Jerusalem including Sheik Jarrah, and the Arab legion (previously backed by the British) either killed or ethnically cleansed every last Jew. No jewish family, even those who had remained in the area for centuries before the creation of Israel, were allowed to remain. Following the 6 days war in 1967, Israel passed a law which gave every jewish family who had been wrongly evicted from their homes in the areas captured by the Arab Legion control over their former family home, so long as they could provide proof of their ownership, and only this week did the Israeli supreme Court rule that these four contested houses ought to be returned to their legal owners this week, which thus generated the baseless outcry from the SJWs for those 'poor innocent Palestinians who's houses are being robbed of them'. The court also ruled that these 'innocent Palestinians' who were living in these homes were in fact illegally squatting there for decades without paying rent or holding proof of ownership. Its worth noting, mind you, that the Israeli supreme court is very liberal and has ruled to evict Jews from places like Amona in the past, so your likening of Israel to the apartheid is just wrong.

I'm not trying to come across as a hardcore Zionist or anything, because some of Israel's actions have indeed been heinous, but rather I'm trying to show the wider picture here. The common narrative of 'Israel bad, Palestine good' is far from reality in a lot of cases, and Palestine isn't so innocent as everyone claims it to be, yet we automatically presume that Israel are in the wrong in every instance just because of 1949. Greater clarity and education is needed on this topic before we reach such conclusions.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't completely understand people who side with Palestinians or Israelis so passionately.

If you study the conflict for a couple of hours, the Jews seem to be in the right... Then you study it for 12 hours and you think Palestinians are in the right. If you study it any longer then you have no idea who's right anymore.
While I obviously side with Israel since Im an Israeli citizen - Your approach is obviously the right one.
There isnt a right side. Both sides doing things that shouldnt be done generally but to think any other country will handle it in a more restraint way is really sad.

May 26, 2016

To clarify:

I respect you as a poster Orgut and we discuss football/Juve here almost every day on this forum without any issue.

I also respect that you live there and feel that we should not talk about things we dont know (your country, your culture etc).

This i agree with, but to a certain extent.

The fact however, is the world is watching this conflict for many years now. Many many years.

it is therefore only natural people will start to form opinions and react on this conflict that has been going on for so long.

We (people not living in the Middle East) also read, watch documentaries and learn about the world. Please consider this, even though it sounds banal/naive.
The Middle eastern conflict is not a secret and you are not the only holders of the truth just because you live there.

My Point:

Some people have motives and agendas: they support their ethnic group/religion/ race or whatever and use it to promote their own or political movement.

However, these people is a minority when it comes to the overall population: Most people are just very tired about this conflict and want to see change. They want the killings to stop. And this is what is important.

For me this is not about politics any longer. My loyalty is with what is human.

This is about using common sense, our hearts and not being manipulated to cheap brainwash or extremism.

That includes all sides: Palestinian or Israeli propaganda (or even christian,jewish or islamic propaganda)

Maybe it sounds naive but its what is correct in the end right? You dont even need politics to agree with that.

People want this conflict to end because it is crazy, evil and its allways civilians that pay the biggest price.

I hope you understand , my objective is not to criticize you or your people but to criticize the conflict and especially the media.

If you dont want to discuss this topic anymore, fine, i will not respond to the arguments you made in your earlier post out of respect of this (even tho i dont agree with some of it)

My main wish is that you consider that opinions about the conflict is not always necessarily an attack on you or your peoples identity, altough that often also happens (sadly enough)

Best regards

Gioca

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
yeah, that would have been the case, if it was a skirmish between two warlords in africa. what we have here is more like a grudgeful, radioactive hydra consuming the mankind.
time to arabs wake up!
ohh IF they wake up, Israel will put them to sleep, permanently... with 210 Nuclear warheads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)