Israeli-Palestinian conflict (25 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
UN accuses Israel of herding 110 Palestinians into a house and then shelling it, leaving 30 dead

UK Daily Mail
Friday, Jan 9, 2008

The United Nations has cited witnesses accusing Israel of killing 30 people inside a house filled with Palestinians who had been evacuated there by Israeli troops.
The witnesses told the UN that Israel had evacuated about 110 Palestinians into the house - then repeatedly shelled it 24 hours later, killing the civilians inside.
The UN was quoted by the AFP as saying: 'according to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors.

'Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30.’

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) called it 'one of the gravest incidents since the beginning of operations’ by Israeli forces in Gaza on December 27, AFP said.

'Those who survived and were able walked two kilometres to Salah Ed Din road before being transported to hospital in civilian vehicles. Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital,’ OCHA was quoted as saying in a report on the situation in the battered Gaza Strip.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
this coming from the fool who thinks Iran should nuke Israel....

nice of you to mention that Hamas is just attacking out of "retaliation", when in fact their stated goal is to end Israel's existence

so, you have the group in charge of the Palestinians who have voiced their intentions, and fire rockets into Israel....it was just a matter of time before Israel acted.

I said a long time ago that the land should somehow be fairly distributed to both parties, seeing as though both peoples have a long history there (back to the Old Testament), and with a group like Hamas in charge, it won't ever happen.

I also said the Israeli's should stop any further settlements, and they are completely wrong for continuing to build, and expand their land

I am as neutral as I can be...I have friends here and away from this forum who are pro-Palestinian, and I understand their plight...but I also have friends who were commandos in the IDF, and I get to hear their opinions as well....not a good situation for anyone involved
Whatever their goal is, they launched the missiles in retaliation because Israel broke the cease fire. That is what they have maintained for a while now.

Apr 12, 2004
Well, you would think after previous massacres and genocides which took place decades, or even centuries ago, people would've learned.

Apparently they haven't.

So, yeah, I guess from that point of view, sadly, I am just now learning this.
It's in our nature to destroy ourselves.

It's even seen in more primitive mammals which we are related to, like Chimpanzees and other Apes.
If you say others don't know what they're talking about, then do you?

If not, stay out then!

Simple as that.
No, but I don't pretend to.

And don't tell me what to do.
And those cluster bombs will kill more people in the future.

If Israel can use radioactive elements in their bombs, why can't others?
Like depleted Uranium, that 20 other countries use too?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Whatever their goal is, they launched the missiles in retaliation because Israel broke the cease fire. That is what they have maintained for a while now.
thats right, duck the comments Hamas has made before this whole offensive ever started

Fight fire with fire, Israeli's understand no other language.

Try to have a discussion, instead of calling people names.

Israel used cluster bombs in Lebanon 2006, by the way.

And those cluster bombs will kill more people in the future.

If Israel can use radioactive elements in their bombs, why can't others?
its certainly not the same....you cannot compare cluster bombs to nuclear weapons

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
and the IRA?

the northern ireland question?

i wouldn't say the Irish are quite happy with what they have, nor do they forgive the english for the potato famine and burning down their homes, nor do the scottish forgive the english for what Longshanks did to them prior to william wallace etc..., happy wouldn't describe it, bitter and angry still to say the very least, and its all to do with how ironic english media frames israeli's as and what if it was the irish etc... doing the same to them, would they still still deem it as disproportionate?
Nor do we forgive them for 800 years torture, murder, destruction of our language and culture, causing religious divide, starting a civil war, gerrymandering, collusion, shoot to kill policies, internment, bloody sunday and letting 10 brave men starve themselves to death after living in their own shit for 5 years.

But other than that we're just grand :claire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)