Israeli-Palestinian conflict (35 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You guys know that Terrorism is a valid form of warfare and it's Terrorism wether used by Israel or Palestine.

You may as well call people ambushers or front line engagers.

No homosexual puns intended.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
There are more than 300 Million Arabs in this world Ahmed, none of them other than El-Sayed Hassan Nasrallah who stood up to the Israeli's.

I said this before, and i will say it again, i will never agree with this man ideologically and i do think he has his flaws as Rab will tell you too, but there are priorities, and the biggest priority of all is the freedom of the Palestinian people, since he is the only one standing in Israel's face, i am willing to ignore everything else about him.
Bisco, you're mistaken on too many things. Nasrallah at this very moment is not only considered head of state but much more. He has no political position but he's respected because of his charisma, his work and his promises that he kept.

And It's not Nasrallah who decides when to take Lebanon into a war. Israel decides, they're financially stronger, politically stronger, and they're the invaders, aggressors and we are just a bunch of people protecting ourselves and our land. So it makes a big difference to say he's taking his people into war. He's not. They are bringing the war to us.
i think i did'nt express my point properly bec poor bisco was collapsing when i wrote this, i will pm both of u to explain what i meant so we dont de-rail this thread considering the events have moved rapidly. i do see both yr points and i agree with both considering they r valid and reasonable too.

Hitler is overrated IMO. He was nothing compared to Sharon and Netanyahu.
sharon is easily the worst in this list, easily.

Looks pretty okay to be honest. Sure, superficial head wound maybe, but you'd expect more.
seven, i';m exteremly disappointed in you!!! i thought u where going to say that was make up and not real blood. you r very unfair in yr continuous justification for clear violations.

short, sweet, and right to the point! always admired that oz :tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
you dumbass you know i don't fabricate news. you know it and you're pretending like you don't.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7144099.ece
Six of the nine passengers killed in an Israeli raid on an aid convoy bound for Gaza were shot by a single Israeli commando, who is being considered for a medal of valour for saving his injured comrades as passengers attacked them with clubs, knives and even guns they had taken from downed Navy Seals.

Fresh details of the controversial raid, which has led to accusations of “piracy” and “state terrorism” being levelled against Israel, and which wrecked its strategic partnership with Turkey, emerged yesterday. There were reports that passengers who attacked the Israeli boarding party had been dragging three captured commandos into the hold of the ship when the shooting broke out.

And a British passenger who witnessed the deadly pre-dawn encounter in international waters said that some of the more peaceful activists on board had tried to protect captured Israeli soldiers being set upon by a hardcore of passengers, most of them believed to be Turks linked to an Islamic charity accused by Israel of having links to extremists.
Not the best article you could have chosen, Turk. Especially the last part is rather shocking wouldn't you say? One of the activists actually accusing the passengers of violence. Kind of changes EVERYTHING, doesn't it?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Seven really, i do not see you having a problem at all with the Israeli's brutality, every now and then, the only thing that seems to interest you in this thread, is being pedantic and nitpicking on the smallest of things.

People are being shot at, killed, imprisoned and beaten up, but you want to discuss why that American left the blood on his forehead. Talk about getting your priorities right. Why do i feel your reaction would have been different had the oppressors been Palestinian and the victims Israeli.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven really, i do not see you having a problem at all with the Israeli's brutality, every now and then, the only thing that seems to interest you in this thread, is being pedantic and nitpicking on the smallest of things.

People are being shot at, killed, imprisoned and beaten up, but you want to discuss why that American left the blood on his forehead. Talk about getting your priorities right. Why do i feel your reaction would have been different had the oppressors been Palestinian and the victims Israeli.
Do you think it's normal that he left it there? Do you think it's normal that Turk left out the most important thing mentioned in that article? I bet he didn't even read it, apart from the headline.

They're not "little" things. That people create an atmosphere in which the idea of a Holocaust becomes acceptable is not a "little" thing. That they actually beat an Israeli soldier is not a "little" thing.

I don't know if my reaction would have been any different. I can't say anything about Palestinians because I don't know any Palestinians. I thought it was about foreign activists though.

Seven is a huge waste of time on this issue. Not sure why people care what he has to say.
You jump on any bandwagon that comes by, because this bandwagon is the one that is finally going to make you feel special.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You want to portray yourself as being in the know. So if a bandwagon comes by filled with people who say they're in the know, you try to jump on. You act as if you have a critical mind, but in reality you don't process information at all, you don't think for yourself. You have to understand that being critical is not the same as repeating what another faction is saying.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Seven, you never seem to give a shit when the Israeli's do something bad. If you see a woman getting crushed by a bulldozer, you don't say, "man that Israeli is such an animal, how could he do such a thing". No you go "What a stupid woman, why do people consider her a hero?". You see an activist being beat up, you don't ask how the Israeli's could be so cruel, you ask why he left the blood on his forehead. When the Israeli's shoot at the activists on board the flotilla, you don't criticize Israel for such inhumane actions, you look for a way to make the activists not look so innocent.

What am i supposed to conclude from all this?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven, you never seem to give a shit when the Israeli's do something bad. If you see a woman getting crushed by a bulldozer, you don't say, "man that Israeli is such an animal, how could he do such a thing". No you go "What a stupid woman, why do people consider her a hero?". You see an activist being beat up, you don't ask how the Israeli's could be so cruel, you ask why he left the blood on his forehead. When the Israeli's shoot at the activists on board the flotilla, you don't criticize Israel for such inhumane actions, you look for a way to make the activists not look so innocent.

What am i supposed to conclude from all this?
1. I have repeated numerous times that what Israel did was wrong. I have said it like 50 times. I don't know what else I can do.
2. Given the fact that everyone, myself included, is already convinced by the fact that they committed a crime, it's important to look at how exactly it happend.
3. I don't like the atmosphere of this thread at all. It is pure hatred and it is being tolerated. I understand that the mods let everything slide and that's cool with me, but what's odd is that some have actually called for another Holocaust in this thread, yet somehow I am portrayed as the racist here. That is simply not right.
4. I really can't stand Western activists who want a weekend in the spotlights and decide to go to Israel to act as if they're all that important. Leaving blood on your forehead is retarded.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You want to portray yourself as being in the know. So if a bandwagon comes by filled with people who say they're in the know, you try to jump on. You act as if you have a critical mind, but in reality you don't process information at all, you don't think for yourself. You have to understand that being critical is not the same as repeating what another faction is saying.
I don't know Arabic, Andries. My opinions are my own and my own only. Just because I have similar views (certainly not the same, just similar) regarding Israel as someone like Fred does not mean I have jumped on a bandwagon, especially considering this is how I've felt about our support of Israel for years.

What you posted is a bit immature, I'd say. But as I've said, you're simply looking to rile folks up in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)