Israeli-Palestinian conflict (30 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Why would Israel even need to be concerned about the whole thing? They are ruling the place and no matter what they do, they never get punished (or sometimes even condemned) for that. They are stronger, they are in power, they do whatever they want and no one would care even if they cut all the living ways to Gaza, "why bother?". They can easily get rid of all Palestinians in the region to the point that no one would even remember the name of Palestina.

It is also so naive to believe that the US and the European countries would try to convince Israelis to go for a deal if they see that Palestinians are willing to accept that.
:tup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We all live in a place that was once stolen. That's all he's saying and you said you know that.
He's telling you that the mistake was done in the past and you can't fix it by making another same mistake. It's easy to understand.

You can't tell a 60 year old that the place he's living for his entire life isn't his home, because it is his home. He knows no other home.
You can't tell a 30 year old that the house he lives in all his life isn't his home and it's Rebel's , just because his grandfather settled there after someone expelled Rebel's grandfather from there.
Yes but we didn't have rules, regulations and internationally recognized borders back then. History was always about the stronger party stealing land from the weaker party, there is no doubting that at all. But now we have borders, we have rules, we have regulations, we have treaty's, we have conventions, we have international bodies like the UN, they shouldn't allow this sort of thing to happen.

I will bring my example once again, what if we deported the Berbers in North Africa to Europe, they occupy Croatia, in 50 years time, will you say that their children have the same right to Croatia as your children? Come on, that is absolutely ridiculous.

I would agree, that deporting the Jews is impractical and even impossible, and might indeed not be fair at all. But i would never agree to a dual state, they should not be given one space of Palestinian land. Another possible solution is to do what is happening in Lebanon, where they have a lot of diversity in terms of religious sects, they divide government positions between the different religions and different religious sects. The president is always a maronite christian, the prime minister is a sunni muslim and the speaker of the national assembly is a shiite muslim.

Even in theory this sounds funny. I don't know how do they imagine this to be done in practice.

Where in Europe?
So can we take a house from an Israeli family, give it to a Palestinian family and then kick Rab out of his house in Romania so we will give it to the Israeli family because one of the grandparents was originally from Romania?

Oh wait.....we have so many North Africans and other Arabs in Europe. Europe isn't their real home. Lets kick all of them out and inhabit the Jews in their places.
Sounds like a plan.
We can tell them that we are deporting them to Europe, and then we can burn the ships in the middle of the ocean. Cheap, effective and efficient. You can thank me later.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why would Israel even need to be concerned about the whole thing? They are ruling the place and no matter what they do, they never get punished (or sometimes even condemned) for that. They are stronger, they are in power, they do whatever they want and no one would care even if they cut all the living ways to Gaza, "why bother?". They can easily get rid of all Palestinians in the region to the point that no one would even remember the name of Palestina.

It is also so naive to believe that the US and the European countries would try to convince Israelis to go for a deal if they see that Palestinians are willing to accept that.
I'm not saying they certainly would. I'm saying it's your only shot. You hope that they will help you.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Some people are acting like the EU even puts any effort into the peace process at all.

36 Billion Euro - Total Israeli Exports
25.7 Billion Euro - Total Trade with EU
11.3 Billion Euro - Total Israeli Exports to EU
14.3 Billion with Turkey accounted for.

The European Union could economically neuter Israel if it wanted to and force them to the negotiating table. The problem is we don't want to because neither country matters a damn in the strategic interests of the UK,France or Germany.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's the thing. You should make it so that they can't get away with it. If you say that you're going to kill them all when you have the chance (Rab), people don't think Israel is doing that much wrong killing you first.
It's called self defense for the million times.

I have the right to kill and I wouldn't mind killing them all if it's about protecting my land, my house and my family. They're the aggressors and I'm the victim here. How hard is it to get this into your head?

Israel plans on vanishing Hezbollah. You do know that don't you? Which means sooner or later the war is returning back to Lebanon and when it returns back is the day I want them all dead and hopefully is the day Nasrallah and his men will ship Israel back from where they came.

Sounds fair to me or to any Lebanese. But then again, how am I supposed to convince you if all what you're doing is sitting down in your safe house no one to bother you or to force you out, no one to threaten you or kill your relatives, not living the fear of death day by day. I don't blame you much but I blame your concept logic of this life.

Jul 2, 2006
Some people here are talking like israeli want peace in the lands they already invaded. No, their religion motivates them to conquer their so-called promised lands. invasion of Iraq was not just for petrol, it was also first step to reshape middle east. That's why Iraqi,Lebanese,Palestinian,Egyptian,Iranian,Syrian,Kurds and Turks must act like one nation and do not expect anything from west. in the end, war will be inevitable and it will be decisive.

Jul 2, 2006
Your religion does just the same, dude.
Not at all. Still guessing about something you don't know?

-----------------------
President Abdullah Gül: Israel making a big mistake

Israel has made one of the gravest mistakes in its history by attacking a Turkish-led humanitarian aid flotilla bringing supplies to Gaza, Turkish President Abdullah Gül has said. Speaking to journalists during a visit to the Çorum Governor’s Office, Gül said: “Israel has made one of the biggest mistakes in its history.

It will understand the extent of this mistake much better in the future. There is no doubt that Turkey will never forgive such an attack on its own citizens and on a Turkish ship in international waters. It [Turkey] absolutely will do, albeit rationally, what needs to be done in return.”

Noting that the attack had caused widespread reaction worldwide, the president said it was important that the UN Security Council unanimously voted to condemn the attack and decided to set up an independent investigatory commission to look into the incident. “This commission will in no way be a commission set up by Israeli authorities. There is no possibility that we would accept such a commission,” he said.

He also said relations between the two countries would never again be the same. “After this point, Turkish-Israeli relations will never be as they were before. If Israel understands the gravity of the mistake it has made and compensates for this openly, in a way that can be accepted, perhaps the current situation could be overcome. But it is obvious that relations will never be as they were previously.”

Gül said Israel’s government was becoming a burden for its own people. In response to a question on his forecast of how the attack would influence the Mideast peace process, Gül said the issue was not between Turkey and Israel but between humanity and Israel. “The policy they are pursuing is darkening their future. These are important words for those who will listen to them. I am not trying to make populist statements. These words should be evaluated thoroughly by everyone, particularly by Israelis and US authorities.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)