Israeli-Palestinian conflict (18 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What the hell are you smoking????? Israel initiated the war??? It was the arabs who initiated the war in 67, and then resoundingly had their butts handed back to them by the superior Israeli forces. Israel was NOT the aggressor in that situation.
who shot the first bullet, no sorry who destroyed the whole egyptian air force before a bullet was even shot?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
After 376 pages of this thread, I think we discussed enough. I enjoyed discussing most of the members here even if they have opposing opinions to mine. I liked the desire of the majority to talk logic and know more about the whole conflict.

I'm afraid I won't keep it civilized in the future as it is so frustrating to be provoked all the time.

So, I'm asking the mods here to close this thread please.

Thanks to all for participating.
I understand your frustation. You've been in these threads from day one, weve started and closed so many palestinian/lebanese/israeli threads. The whole point of moving the thread here was to take away the history etc wrong right talk (let the facts speak for themselves) and talk more about recent events, have a discussion but without going off topic. Yet everytime someone another brings the same old crap again and we keep going in circles. Your input is greatly appreciated and I very much hope you reconsider, or come back when the trolls have gone. :tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Yes it was. Then other nations would care. Now they don't.
So there are only two ways: Either Palestinians are for making a deal or the situation becomes like what it is now in Gaza. Only because Palestinians (assumingly) are not willing to strike a deal no one should care about the woeful situation in Gaza?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I understand your frustation. You've been in these threads from day one, weve started and closed so many palestinian/lebanese/israeli threads. The whole point of moving the thread here was to take away the history etc wrong right talk (let the facts speak for themselves) and talk more about recent events, have a discussion but without going off topic. Yet everytime someone another brings the same old crap again and we keep going in circles. Your input is greatly appreciated and I very much hope you reconsider, or come back when the trolls have gone. :tup:
With the greatest of respect to reb and JBF et al this whole thread was never balanced, it was started in a pro-palestinian manner and continued in that vein. The only thing I want to post about in this thread aside from pissing off the jesus freak long live Zionism brigade is:

A Possible Solutions
B Logical argument for and against Israel

All this thread has ever been is a big Palestine-themed winge-fest. I sympathise with the situation but don't pretend than this thread is just one big biased pit full of pigheaded and fundementalist members like me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So there are only two ways: Either Palestinians are for making a deal or the situation becomes like what it is now in Gaza. Only because Palestinians (assumingly) are not willing to strike a deal no one should care about the woeful situation in Gaza?
That's the way it is. Although I wouldn't say that no one should care, I say that no one will care. You see America and Europe are connected to Israel. So if they saw that Palestinians wanted to cut a deal, they would perhaps try to convince the Israelis. If they see that even if the Israelis would want to cut a deal, the Palestinians wouldn't do the same anyway, why bother?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That's the way it is. Although I wouldn't say that no one should care, I say that no one will care. You see America and Europe are connected to Israel. So if they saw that Palestinians wanted to cut a deal, they would perhaps try to convince the Israelis. If they see that even if the Israelis would want to cut a deal, the Palestinians wouldn't do the same anyway, why bother?
but if israel can get away with doing what they re doing, why would they ever want to negotiate anything? see your rationale doesnt work. Bu the point remains the same "it's all about what you CAN do"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
With the greatest of respect to reb and JBF et al this whole thread was never balanced, it was started in a pro-palestinian manner and continued in that vein. The only thing I want to post about in this thread aside from pissing off the jesus freak long live Zionism brigade is:

A Possible Solutions
B Logical argument for and against Israel

All this thread has ever been is a big Palestine-themed winge-fest. I sympathise with the situation but don't pretend than this thread is just one big biased pit full of pigheaded and fundementalist members like me.
:weee:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
but if israel can get away with doing what they re doing, why would they ever want to negotiate anything? see your rationale doesnt work. Bu the point remains the same "it's all about what you CAN do"
That's the thing. You should make it so that they can't get away with it. If you say that you're going to kill them all when you have the chance (Rab), people don't think Israel is doing that much wrong killing you first.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
That's the thing. You should make it so that they can't get away with it. If you say that you're going to kill them all when you have the chance (Rab), people don't think Israel is doing that much wrong killing you first.
Nah..they should get them by justice right? just like the nuremberg trials...40 people hanged were so sufficient for the death of millions (just an example..nothing to do with jews).

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Nah..they should get them by justice right? just like the nuremberg trials...40 people hanged were so sufficient for the death of millions (just an example..nothing to do with jews).
Boom Godwins law /Thread

And don't get me fucking started on the legal travesty that were those victors courts.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Boom Godwins law /Thread

And don't get me fucking started on the legal travesty that were those victors courts.
Googled it..it's funny but what can we do..it was such a major event, you cannot bring it out...Well i don't wanna talk about the trials and their fairness ...i only know that as an army fella you need to follow orders or you'll be fucked up. No one would risk his family and himself not to follow hitler's direct orders...and don't believe schindler's list...the jews didn't have justice just because of the number of deaths compared to the recompensasion for the holocaust.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Googled it..it's funny but what can we do..it was such a major event, you cannot bring it out...Well i don't wanna talk about the trials and their fairness ...i only know that as an army fella you need to follow orders or you'll be fucked up. No one would risk his family and himself not to follow hitler's direct orders...and don't believe schindler's list...the jews didn't have justice just because of the number of deaths compared to the recompensasion for the holocaust.
There are examples of people who not only did such things, but also got away with it. It takes a lot of courage, but it was a situation in which, perhaps, a lack of courage should be punished.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why would Israel even need to be concerned about the whole thing? They are ruling the place and no matter what they do, they never get punished (or sometimes even condemned) for that. They are stronger, they are in power, they do whatever they want and no one would care even if they cut all the living ways to Gaza, "why bother?". They can easily get rid of all Palestinians in the region to the point that no one would even remember the name of Palestina.

It is also so naive to believe that the US and the European countries would try to convince Israelis to go for a deal if they see that Palestinians are willing to accept that.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
There are examples of people who not only did such things, but also got away with it. It takes a lot of courage, but it was a situation in which, perhaps, a lack of courage should be punished.
have you ever disobeyed an order in your life?...a simple order?...not mentioning a not swiching a gaz pipe or sth like that. I donno those examples of germans who didn't followed orders back then...i only saw them in movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)