Israeli-Palestinian conflict (115 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Ohh Gosh, those Israelis are just so nice. Such great people. :seven:
Imagine if Hamas would do such a thing before blowing up a hotel?

I don't support Israel but sometimes the underdog is supported only because they are the underdog, which is evident both in this thread and in real life.

Israel isn't the source of all evil in the world.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,263

I don't support Israel but sometimes the underdog is supported only because they are the underdog, which is evident both in this thread and in real life.

When did Hamas blow a hotel, Mr. "I know nothing but I have to say something"?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

And imagine if Israel began to send condolences cards to family members of each Palestinian, I doubt those Hamas animals would do that either.

:rolleyes:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    When did Hamas blow a hotel, Mr. "I know nothing but I have to say something"?
    It was a generic statement referring to the missiles fired by Hamas randomly. Also, Nael Barghouthi which you mentioned earlier was behind the blowing up of a hotel killing 20 Israelis.

Let me rephrase. Imagine if Nael had called the hotel inhabitants before blowing them up, saying they should get out?

I admit I am not an expert on the field but very few in this thread are. As long as they agree with you, it's fine Mr. "I do not know the difference between the EU and UN", if I shall sink to your level of discussion.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    And imagine if Israel began to send condolences cards to family members of each Palestinian, I doubt those Hamas animals would do that either.

:rolleyes:
    That was never my point. I was referring to the fact that Andy managed to make Israel's action into something negative, whereas had such a thing been done by Hamas he would have praised them for their humanity. Double standards are easy to spot, regardless of how ill educated you are on the matter as Rebel believes I am, on the grounds that I disagree with him.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That was never my point. I was referring to the fact that Andy managed to make Israel's action into something negative, whereas had such a thing been done by Hamas he would have praised them for their humanity. Double standards are easy to spot, regardless of how ill educated you are on the matter as Rebel believes I am, on the grounds that I disagree with him.
    That's been a little of my point about rockets being fired in Israel. Altair might suggest there was no choice. My point is that the choices you make can compromise the morality of your cause.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It is part of psychological war against people there to make them get bored of the whole thing and leave it for ever.
    True.

Hotels? The Irgun is the group that blew up their own damn hotel in Jerusalem. Rahm Emanuel's father had a hand in that.

The fact that Israel warns Palestinians before bombing them (ohh, the kindness of their hearts :lol2:), bombing their own houses, doesn't really do much for me, especially when I see pin point sniper bullets in little children.

Really Sadomin, it's all a facade. And you're being fooled by it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That's been a little of my point about rockets being fired in Israel. Altair might suggest there was no choice. My point is that the choices you make can compromise the morality of your cause.
    But your point doesn't make sense when Israel breaks the ceasefire no matter what. You seem to think they'd let the Palestinians live in peace if they just sit and obey, which isn't the case whatsoever.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,270
    It was a generic statement referring to the missiles fired by Hamas randomly. Also, Nael Barghouthi which you mentioned earlier was behind the blowing up of a hotel killing 20 Israelis.

Let me rephrase. Imagine if Nael had called the hotel inhabitants before blowing them up, saying they should get out?

I admit I am not an expert on the field but very few in this thread are. As long as they agree with you, it's fine Mr. "I do not know the difference between the EU and UN", if I shall sink to your level of discussion.
    1- Claiming that it is a generic statement after you embarrassed yourself by that specific hotel thing is something pathetic.

2- Nael Barghouthi was arrested since 1978. Hamas was established since 1988. Do the math.

3- Bombing the hotel took place in 2002. Nael Barghouthi was arrested in 1978. Do the math.

4- There is nothing called "Kill my sons and you will feel safe. Violence won't harvest anything but violence".

5- UN and EU are so coward organizations that do nothing on ground. That was my point when I mentioned them in this thread. I never said UN and EU are the same organization.

Please know something and come back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The IDF are the aggressors here, not Hamas. So I don't really care what happens to Israeli citizens; they have what is coming for them.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    But your point doesn't make sense when Israel breaks the ceasefire no matter what. You seem to think they'd let the Palestinians live in peace if they just sit and obey, which isn't the case whatsoever.
    Then that is the ripe and ready background to fill the prisons.

Remember: an eye-for-an-eye makes the world blind. It's worse when you're dealing with an opponent with a lot more sticks than you. So you have to find other ways, otherwise it's suicidal.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,273
    What will the morality do to protect your kids?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Then that is the ripe and ready background to fill the prisons.

Remember: an eye-for-an-eye makes the world blind. It's worse when you're dealing with an opponent with a lot more sticks than you. So you have to find other ways, otherwise it's suicidal.
    Speaking of prisons, there is one huge prison there in Gaza, where about two million people are held illegally.

What are the other ways then? The Palestinians can peacefully protest all they want, but that won't stop Israel from cutting off food and aid going to innocent people in Gaza. This really is a fight to the death, Greg. It's not this easy when your destruction is all they want.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    What will the morality do to protect your kids?
    You just don't get the principles of non-violence. I understand. This is, unfortunately, not just limited to you and represents a kind of a curse that will never get the Palestinians out of the cyclical mode of death and failed strategies. It's depressing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    You just don't get the principles of non-violence. I understand. This is, unfortunately, not just limited to you and represents a kind of a curse that will never get the Palestinians out of the cyclical mode of death and failed strategies. It's depressing.
    Greg,

The Palestinians did not do anything during the fall, respecting the cease fire. Israel cut off supplies to Gaza, breaking the rules of the cease fire, and then fired at "suspected" Hamas officers, breaking the cease fire again. Do you catch my drift here?

No offense bro, but I think you're being a little naive here.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Greg, every struggle is different. It took people years and years to turn to non-violent struggle. Ghandi's form of non-violence didn't coincide with the beginning of Indian struggle against the British colonials. Similarly, the non-violent struggle of Martin Luther King didn't coincide with the beginning of the American American struggle. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict started just a little over 60 years ago, how can you expect them to start a non-violent struggle?

And with all due respect, none of us know how it feels to live in Gaza or the West Bank. We can sit here and argue how they should fight their oppression all we want but at the end of the day we don't have a clue about what they go through.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    1- Claiming that it is a generic statement after you embarrassed yourself by that specific hotel thing is something pathetic.

2- Nael Barghouthi was arrested since 1978. Hamas was established since 1988. Do the math.

3- Bombing the hotel took place in 2002. Nael Barghouthi was arrested in 1978. Do the math.

4- There is nothing called "Kill my sons and you will feel safe. Violence won't harvest anything but violence".

5- UN and EU are so coward organizations that do nothing on ground. That was my point when I mentioned them in this thread. I never said UN and EU are the same organization.

Please know something and come back.
    1. I explained this in my previous post. It was an example.

2. This is what I read. Source might be wrong, but my point remains entirely valid and unadressed.

3. Same as above.

4. I do not understand what you mean. Please rephrase.

5. You blamed the EU for the UN's mistakes. You confused the two. Like I said earlier in an unadressed post, these coward organizations and its member countries give more than 1 billion Euros annually to Palestine. This, of course, is never mentioned since it would harm your case.

The difference between you and me, and the reason I entered this debate in first place is that I attempt to respond to people's viewpoint instead of questioning irrelevant details which make no difference in the argument. Read: I respect your knowledge on the subject and I will not argue with your facts. I have understanding for your opinions and I feel empathy for you cause, but I disagree with the conclusions you make. I am not your enemy for making a different point, which is something you do not seem to understand. What I just said has been written several times by different posters but it makes no difference to you.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Greg,

The Palestinians did not do anything during the fall, respecting the cease fire. Israel cut off supplies to Gaza, breaking the rules of the cease fire, and then fired at "suspected" Hamas officers, breaking the cease fire again. Do you catch my drift here?

No offense bro, but I think you're being a little naive here.
    No, I get all that. But I'm not talking about a cease fire... that just prolongs what already is a bad situation. I'm talking about finding non-violent ways of forcing the issues of the injustices.

When India fought for its independent from England for decades, Gandhi would go into a hunger strike as soon as violence would break out. It's because he knew that just violence can help win a singular incident of a few people, in the end it loses the war and your ability to take the moral high ground.

Every rocket fired into Israel claims a body here or there, but at what cost? The retaliation costs are only part of the costs. The worst part is that you give the enemy ammunition in trying to justify their cause of aggression.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,280
    Tell that to Rachel Currie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 106)