Israeli-Palestinian conflict (86 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
"world economic forum"'s meeting, there were Perez (Israel's president), Mousa, Erdogan and UN's president. They were arguing about Gaza's situation, after everyone's speech, Erdogan forced to add other comments, and it went on with personal attacks, and Erdogan left the forum.

You will read it later in details, but I can't believe neither CNN nor Reuters covered it on their site yet :confused:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has stormed off the stage at the World Economic Forum in Davos after an argument with Israel's president.

Mr Erdogan clashed with Shimon Peres in a discussion on the recent fighting in the Gaza Strip, telling him: "You are killing people."

Mr Peres said Mr Erdogan would have done the same had rockets hit Istanbul.

Mr Erdogan accused the moderator of not allowing him to speak and said he did not think he would return to Davos.

He was cut off as he attempted to reply to a passionate defence of Israel's actions made by Mr Peres.

Turkey is one of the few Muslim countries to have dealings with Israel, but relations have been under strain since the Islamist-rooted AK Party was elected to power in 2002.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Good stuff and everything, he has the balls, he is doing good job inside too, with Kurds, Armenians and all. But these texts can't describe the situation very well, he was so rude, he could do it in more polite way. Thou I loved his answers to Peres, he knocked him out :seven:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I heard that on the news but didn't get it well. He left because of the verbal row exchange between him and Perez or because he wasn't given the chance to talk about it?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He wasn't given the chance to talk + he was annoyed to Peres, Peres the idiot was shouting on his face.

Breaking news: Peres called Erdogan and appologized for his beaviour.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Btw did you guys see when Erdogan stood up and moved to leave the forum, Mousa stood up too and he was undecided to follow Erdogan or not, he was about to leave, UN's president told him to sit down, and he did sit down. Pathetic :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Peres is the one apologising? So Erdogan wasnt the one was the rudest?

Though Peres might just be keeping up his sainthood image. He isnt much different from the other Israeli hardliners , he just sugarcoats it better and with deceptive diplomatic approach for PR's sakes (like a polite docile peacemaker when he is anything but).

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Turkish PM leaves stage during debate with Peres over Gaza

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan stalked off the stage at the World Economic Forum red-faced after verbally sparring with President Shimon Peres over the fighting in Gaza.

Erdogan was flustered after he tried to speak as the scheduled session was ending at the forum in Davos, Switzerland, asking the moderator, Washington Post columnist David Ignatius, to let him speak once more.

"Only a minute," Ignatius replied.

Erdogan said that "I remember two former prime ministers in your country who said they felt very happy when they were able to enter Palestine on tanks," he said in Turkish.

"I find it very sad that people applaud what you said. There have been many people killed. And I think that it is very wrong and it is not humanitarian," he said.

Ignatius said "We can't start the debate again. We just don't have time."

Erdogan said "Please let me finish." Ignatius responded "We really do need to get people to dinner."

The Turkish premier then said, "Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. I don't think I will come back to Davos after this."

The confrontation saw Peres and Ergodan raise their voice shouting - highly unusual at the elite gathering of corporate and world leaders, which is usually marked by learned consensus seeking and polite dialogue.

The packed audience at the Ergodan and Peres session, which included US President Barack Obama's close adviser Valerie Jarrett, appeared stunned.

Afterward, forum founder Klaus Schwab huddled with Erdogan in a corner of the Congress Center. A press conference with both men was scheduled for 8:30 p.m.

"I have know Shimon Peres for many years and I also know Erdogan. I have never seen Shimon Peres so passionate as he was today. I think he felt Israel was being attacked by so many in the international community. He felt isolated," said former Norwegian Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik said.

"I was very sad that Ergodan left. This was an expression of how difficult this situation is."

Amr Moussa, the former Egyptian foreign minister who now leads the Arab League, said Ergodan's action was understandable. "Mr. Ergodan said what he wanted to say and then he left. That's all. He was right." Of Israel, he said, "They don't listen."

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Peres is the one apologising? So Erdogan wasnt the one was the rudest?

Though Peres might just be keeping up his sainthood image. He isnt much different from the other Israeli hardliners, he just sugarcoats it better and with deceptive diplomatic approach for PR's sakes.
First Mousa had the word to speak, when he spoke 12 minutes, he was told to cut it short (by the moderator), then Erdogan took the speech, he went for 12 minutes too, and finished his speech without getting interrupted to cut it short, but Peres talked about 25 minutes, and then Erdogan wanted another chance to speak, the moderator interrupted him, but Erdogan insisted, he told Peres "you can't shout at my face" " you are an old man" "you know how to kill/you are the killers" "you had leaders who enjoyed killings", when the moderator tried to end Erdogan's speech, Erdogan got angry and left, this is what happened exactly.

Erdogan had the right to speak, but he was hot-headed, his body language and all was rude, that's the negative part.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 76)