Israel-Hezbolla; Lebanon stuck in the middle: The new Middle East Crisis (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
mnementh said:
I don't think you understand... Israel doesn't want to kill , if it did there would be mass protests and demonsrations in Israel and the government will fall immediately. You have no idea how it goes... the media is everywhere because Israel allows it. When England attacked the Falkland Islands for example, the media wasn't allow to see what's going on. If you think Israel wants to kill people in a bloody fun sort of way then you seriously been brainwashed. I advise you to visit Israel once.
Well, burning 9 children alive before 2 hours in a Lebanese village is the biggest evidence that Israel doesn't target civilians..

About the advice to visit Israel, :rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
is this more stuff you make up ?

What Al Jazzera Reported :

Israel today attacked Narallah's bunker which is near civilians. Israel told them to evacuate. They tried to go to a U.N place but were refused and were caught in the crossfire, I think 23 dead. Yes, very much in purpose. Like Tiberias in israel being bombarded by missles all day all over the neighbourhoods.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
mnementh said:
is this more stuff you make up ?

What Al Jazzera Reported :

Israel today attacked Narallah's bunker which is near civilians. Israel told them to evacuate. They tried to go to a U.N place but were refused and were caught in the crossfire, I think 23 dead. Yes, very much in purpose. Like Tiberias in israel being bombarded by missles all day all over the neighbourhoods.
Believe whatever you want...

I'm so disgusted by the United Nations' behavior when they refused receiving the running away civilians saying that they were not ready...

Kofi Anan, Evil's face...

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
ReBeL said:
Believe whatever you want...

I'm so disgusted by the United Nations' behavior when they refused receiving the running away civilians saying that they were not ready...

Kofi Anan, Evil's face...

Meaning you don't believe it?
I don't know what really happens in Lebanon but I know arabs are bombarding cities and targeting civilians, and its been like this since the start, remember the bomb suicides?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Muha said:
If Hezballah didnt exist, Lebanon would've instantly vanished under the growing Israel... I cant see why ppl are blaming Hezballah after what they did to Lebanon, their home land..... Some lebanease want Hezballah to go to hell just because they've got more power than their Militias, or Army , whatever you wanna call it, among other reasons of course.

There is no way Israel is gonna end this conflict unless they sit and talk with the lebaneas and the Palestinians... If Israel wants its soldiers, than its no big deal to exchange them with the thousands of Palestinian prisoners.... If Israel chooses the stubborn Im-the-only-one-here kind of reaction, then no one will benefit......

Israel knows that no one can destroy Hezballah, not even the arabs, hezballah is bigger than lebanon or the whole arabs world.. its in every individual who believes in freedom and fairness.
I want Hezbolla to go to hell because in normal countries only the army should have weapons. Lebanon had lots of militias and they were stopped except for Hizbolla because they had a cause. Their cause was over and Israel left the country in 2000; them having weapons is absolutely not justified; add to that they use the weapons to bomb Israel and other people in the country suffer from their sheer stupidity. I say to hell with them and their bitch of a leader.

Mar 6, 2005
UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - The United States vetoed a UN draft resolution that would have called for an end to Israeli attacks and "disproportionate use of force" in the
Gaza Strip as well as for the release of a kidnapped Israeli soldier.

The Security Council resolution received 10 votes, one against from the United States with four abstentions, French Ambassador Jean-Marc de la Sabliere, the council president for July, announced.

Explaining his negative vote, US Ambassador John Bolton described the text as "unbalanced" and was "not only untimely but also outmoded" because of the attacks against
Israel by Lebanese Hezbollah militants and UN chief Kof Annan's decision to send a crisis team to the region.

He said adoption of the resolution would have exacerbated tensions in the region and would have undermined "our vision of two democratic states, Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace and security."

The United States, Israel's staunchest ally, last used its veto in the Security Council in October 2004, to block a similar draft demanding that Israel end all military operations in northern Gaza and withdraw from the area.

France, a permanent member of the council, voted in favor while Britain, Denmark, Slovakia and Peru abstained.

Earlier versions of the Qatari draft had already been rejected by Western members for being "unbalanced" because they did not mention the abduction of an Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants and repeated rocket firing into Israel.

The latest version calls on Israel to "halt its military operations and its disproportionate use of force that endanger the Palestinian civilian population and to withdraw its forces to their original positions outside the Gaza Strip."

It also calls for the "immediate and unconditional" release of the abducted Israel soldier and urges Israel to immediately and unconditionally release all detained Palestinian ministers.

The
Palestinian Authority is meanwhile asked "to take immediate and sustained action to bring an end to violence, including the firing of rockets on Israeli territory."

The UN vote came as Israeli air strikes hit the Palestinian foreign ministry in Gaza Thursday, which caused heavy damage and wounded 10 children, ratcheting up the pressure on the Hamas government over an abducted soldier.

The attack came just hours before Israel bombed Beirut's international airport and killed at least 40 Lebanese, opening a new front in the Middle East crisis after Hezbollah captured another two soldiers on its northern border.

Seventy-five Palestinians have now been killed since Israel stepped up its ground offensive just over a week ago, moving troops into areas evacuated less than 10 months ago as part of an historic pullout from Gaza after 38 years.

What has become the worst Israeli-Palestinian crisis in months was sparked by the June 25 abduction of Corporal Gilad Shalit on the Gaza border.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060713/pl_afp/mideastunrestgazaun

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
ReBeL said:
He's so stupid...

He can't remember what he said yesterday...
It's probably more that he knows that very few voters will actually hold him accountable to what he says like that. It's just one more soundbite.

Guys, this thread has gotten very nasty recently. I know it's an emotive topic, but you'll have to restrain yourselves or the thread will have to go.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Chxta said:
I think this war is stupid. Can Israel's economy sustain it really?
hell yes they are the most funded country in the world by large. They recieve millions of pounds if not billions and also recieve tons loads of ammunition, they are the real deal a super threat to all the civilisations. Hence the biggest terrorist, make no mistake.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Yes, sadly.

Let's face it, the aggressor in this particular incident is Israel. How do they really justify starting a war just for 3 soldiers?

As at this morning a report from Israel claimed that of the 150 targets bombed so far, only 12 were Heb'llah targets. How do you justify 92% of the targets being Lebanese infrastructure?

To what purpose?

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
hell yes they are the most funded country in the world by large. They recieve millions of pounds if not billions and also recieve tons loads of ammunition, they are the real deal a super threat to all the civilisations. Hence the biggest terrorist, make no mistake.

You really don't know anything.
Israel doesnt receive any ammunition because they MAKE the BEST weapons in the world, and they're known for it.
They dont get money either, economy in Israel is not good. they used to be in the top 3 economies in the world, now they are like 50th.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
@ Bianconeri19

could that be the real reason that they are attacking Lebanon? Because the Lebanese economy's getting better?

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
they are attacking Lebanon because Lebanon decided to attack them, Lebanon wasnt a threat, Israel has Palestine to worry about, they dont WANT to fight in 2 fronts

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
mnementh said:
but if there are any jews or whatever in the forum, they can all die right ?
what is that? I am a Jew hater now? FFS I am not even an Arab :pumpkin:

mnementh said:
I don't think you understand... Israel doesn't want to kill , if it did there would be mass protests and demonsrations in Israel and the government will fall immediately. You have no idea how it goes... the media is everywhere because Israel allows it. When England attacked the Falkland Islands for example, the media wasn't allow to see what's going on. If you think Israel wants to kill people in a bloody fun sort of way then you seriously been brainwashed. I advise you to visit Israel once.
you are the only one who is brainwashed here, you are only looking on what's going on in your country, I advise you to visit Lebanon, ofcourse if you are interested to know what's your government is doing around, now they hit Syria too, do they want to destroy there too? do they want to destroy Iran next? :disagree:

btw, it's my dream to Visit your country, but I am not sure if your country alows that.

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
of course israel allows it, you got the wrong image of israel, they dont brainwash kids in schools (like some arabs do) but there is a social brainwashing (like every place in the world)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Bianconeri9 said:
they are attacking Lebanon because Lebanon decided to attack them, Lebanon wasnt a threat, Israel has Palestine to worry about, they dont WANT to fight in 2 fronts
Sorry, but I don't think Lebanon attacked Israel. Are you saying that Lebanon and Hezb'llah are one and the same?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Bianconeri9 said:
of course israel allows it, you got the wrong image of israel, they dont brainwash kids in schools (like some arabs do) but there is a social brainwashing (like every place in the world)
Brainwashing is everywhere, in Syria also the place I was born, I know very well how they teach to hate Israel since the 1st class of secondary school to 12 year old kids. I know that very well..

but still that doesn't make your Governments any angel, and when someone tells you what he sees with his own eyes, which is opposite of what you believe, that doesn't mean he is brainwashed, I am being objective in this thread, I hate politics and discussing about it, but sometimes there is a limit you know?

Israeli forces are doing evil things in Lebanon, open your eyes, they are killing innocents , and Hizb Allah is replying with the same way, Hizb Allah didn't atack Israel with missles first, they did an operation to kidnap soldiers to save their prisoners in Israel, Israel comes to Lebanon and hited the important places many times, don't act innocent, this happened many times. the two countries are not in Peace, these things are natural..

If I go with Israelians logic, Syria should destroy Israel right now, since they hit Syria today, and in past too, so according to Bush, they have "the right to defend their country" Syria by hitting Israel back? :disagree:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bianconeri9 said:
You really don't know anything.
Israel doesnt receive any ammunition because they MAKE the BEST weapons in the world, and they're known for it. They dont get money either, economy in Israel is not good. they used to be in the top 3 economies in the world, now they are like 50th.
I will discuss about ammunition later on but sticking to the economical view here is what israelis finance ministry says about there own ecomony:

"Israel's GDP per capita in 2000 was US $ 17,500- higher than in Spain, New Zealand,
Portugal and Greece. Israel's GDP per capita is higher than in some of the EU Member States". Fifty is a massive exxageration according to the chart on their website they are found to be in the top 10. That is taking into account the annual inflation which is 0%.

http://www.mof.gov.il/beinle/ie/israe_1.htm

A few years later they dropped a some places,
Zunes, Stephen, “The Strategic Function of US Aid to Israel” (Washington Report on the Middle East December 2002).

However last year teh GDP was boasted 4.7% and is amongst the 10 leading ten richest countries source: http://www.indexmundi.com/israel/economy_profile.html

Moving on this is what CIA has to say about israels economy.. ill highlight the main points

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/is.html
Israel has a technologically advanced market economy with substantial government participation. It depends on imports of crude oil, grains, raw materials, and military equipment. Despite limited natural resources, Israel has intensively developed its agricultural and industrial sectors over the past 20 years. Roughly half of the government's external debt is owed to the US, which is its major source of economic and military aid

Debt? I dont believe so but anyway this is as good as it may come from CIA..

Israel is the only nation in the world that has free trade agreements with the U.S., Canada, and the European Union, making it a "trade bridge" between three continents.

In 2005, Israel received $360 million in economic aid and $2.22 billion in military aid. (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/foreign_aid.html)

Another article worth a read is http://www.washington-report.org/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm (notice there is no bias in any of the websites, apparently some are jewish owned and some are their allies american owned)

Some highlights of this report are:

Since 1949 the US has given Israel a total of $84,854,827,200. The interest costs born by US taxpayers on behalf of Israel are $49,937,000,000 – making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $134,791,507,200 (more than $134 billion).

The total cost of this financial aid to US tax payers per Israeli is $23,240.

Since 1992, the US has offered Israel an additional $2 billion in loan guarantees every year.

18 of the 92 pending arms sales transfers in the year 2000 were to Israel;

Israel has the world’s largest fleet of F-16s outside the US, currently possessing 200 jets -- with a further 102 on order with American manufacturer Lockheed Martin;

In June 2001 Israel again requested $800 million in supplementary US aid. This was originally pledged to cover the cost of the Israeli withdrawal from south Lebanon – in other words, Israel was being paid for complying with international law. As Israel re-requests this package, administration officials have considered linking it to the implementation of the Mitchell Report, again effectively paying Israel to comply with international standards; Source (The Jerusalem Post, 28/6/01

US law prohibits the President from providing military aid to any country that “engages in a consistent pattern of gross violations of internationally recognised human rights” Under the 1967 US Arms Export Control Act, it is illegal to use US weapons to carry out extra-judicial killings. This act stipulates that weapons be sold to “friendly countries solely for internal security and legitimate defence.”

Since September 2000, the Israeli army has used attack helicopters, tanks and F-16 missiles to target Palestinian civilians, homes, forces, buildings and in demonstrations. In its Human Rights Report, the US State Department declared that Israeli army actions were an “excessive use of force”, noting that the Israeli forces used live ammunition, even when they were not in imminent danger, and that the Israeli military “shelled PA institutions and Palestinian civilian areas in response to individual Palestinian attacks on Israeli civilians or settlers”.

The Israeli government’s policies in the occupied Palestinian territories have been condemned by human rights organisations worldwide. The Israeli army’s “excessive use of force” towards Palestinian civilians and its policy of “state assassinations” violate international human rights law. In supplying military aid to such a state, the US is violating its own laws.
Source (22 USC 2304(a))

Now one things for sure a lot of Israeli economy is down to agriculture, diamond and telecommunication exports. But lets take into perspective how one of the two most exports comes into basis.. This is from http://www.christian-aid.org.uk/indepth/0301isra/losing_ground2.pdf

“In addition to the continuous expropriation of land Palestinians have suffered due to the expansion of settlement building, the construction of by-pass roads between settlements involves the confiscation of what is often fertile agricultural land. “Approximately 350km of by-pass roads have so far been constructed,” Christian Aid noted in 2003, “with a land loss to Palestinians of more than 8,000 acres.”

Olive trees, which are a huge part of Palestinian agriculture, constituting 80% of all cultivated fruit trees in the occupied territories, have come under “systematic attack,” (stolen) according to the Catholic relief and development group Caritas, with 1 million trees destroyed since 1967 (400,000 of them since 2000).””

Now taking the following factual info from the Christian Aid is easy to say that majority of agricultural land has either been stolen by the Israelis, evidently helping there exports. The diamond exports can be pit in a similar perspective, whilst the telecommunication matter is resolving down to how the Israeli receives billions of military aid and ecomic aid enough to invest in such a sector, without this type of money Israel would be nothing more than a third world country.

I think the highlight of this reply is these two lines. Israel has 0.001% of the worlds population yet receives 3 billion annually from for military use and many other millions for other issues. Its clean to say this country can never go down hill with such a super power helping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)