Is it our forwards or is it us? (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
yes Del Piero was a cause to losing other talented players

but Del Piero was always the better option

take a look at last season, DP was finally subbed n not used n big nose Zlatan played practically every single game.
in the end, who was better?who was more helpful?who scored more goals??

quit the non-sense since the so called talents weren't major ones like let's say adriano/cassano etc.
1. During Cap's 2 years, I believe benching DP brought out the better in him. And yes last season he certainly deserved much more time on the field than Zlatan.

2. Zlatan bigger/as big talent as Cassano and Adriano.

I'm not saying DP was terrible, definately not, but during his patchy times at Juve, surely there were momments where I wished we had a player capable of more consistancy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 23, 2006
1. During Cap's 2 years, I believe benching DP brought out the better in him. And yes last season he certainly deserved much more time on the field than Zlatan.

2. Zlatan bigger/as big talent as Cassano and Adriano.

I'm not saying DP was terrible, definately not, but during his patchy times at Juve, surely there were momments where I wished we had a player capable of more consistancy.
that i do agree on
what i don't agree on is some members here saying kovacevic/di vaio are huge talents that juve wasted(theyr not as huge as cassano/adriano)

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Is it our fowards, or is it us? Or is it our fowards or is it del piero? I dont see how any coach would pick di vaio or miccoli over del piero sure di vaio scored that wonder goal against milan but both he and miccoli weren't consistent enough to be picked instead of del piero i dont get how this is del piero's fault that some of these fowards werent good enough for juve.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
that i do agree on
what i don't agree on is some members here saying kovacevic/di vaio are huge talents that juve wasted(theyr not as huge as cassano/adriano)
I never thought that Kovacevic or Di Vaio are huge talents...
Only that like the case with Di Vaio, he was on hot form yet Lippi benched him for a patchy Del Piero. That was the thing that got me frustrated.

I don't think Di vaio is better than DP (not even close if you rate their entire careers). But during some DP patchy times and Di Viao's hot streak, it would have been better to just let DViao start.

I seriously think Di Vaio would have turned out better had he gotten his deserved shot.

DP wouldn't have that spectacular season if we didn't eventually give him more and more chances despite Baggio being completely fit. I don't regret the past though, I'm only making my point.

I do think:
If there was a player that deserved to be biasedly picked to start every game, its definately Del Piero.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Just think about it dudes, if DP was to be benched for Di Vaio back then (when DP wasl like 30), I doubt he'd still be a Juve player.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Is it our fowards, or is it us? Or is it our fowards or is it del piero? I dont see how any coach would pick di vaio or miccoli over del piero sure di vaio scored that wonder goal against milan but both he and miccoli weren't consistent enough to be picked instead of del piero i dont get how this is del piero's fault that some of these fowards werent good enough for juve.
Thats a joke, I think everybody who followed those seasons would know that DP was far from consistant.

Just think about it dudes, if DP was to be benched for Di Vaio back then (when DP wasl like 30), I doubt he'd still be a Juve player.
Perhaps, but for me, its the well being of the club that I'm more interested in, rather than any one player.

Di Vaio at his best wasn't better than a average Del Piero show. Give it a rest, Don.
DP wasn't that good during this time. And Di viao wasn't terrible either. Baseless comment IMO.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
yeah, thats why moggi spent all the money on him
Actually I remember that summer exactly. Di Vaio was not planned to happen, but just before when the transfer was about to close, Trezeguet got injured for like 3 month or something in that range. That was the main reason for his purchase. And they paid 16m pounds for him, which was nothing in those days. Nakata was bought for more money by Parma from Roma those days. I don't think we got even a 10m back for selling Di Vaio. And he failed miserably everywhere else he's been to.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
OMG Di Vaio was gonna be a legend and we ruined him :depressed

:rofl2:

Di Vaio and Miccoli played a lot in 2003-04 season (cause DP and Trez had major injury problems), guess what we won nothing!

PS oh and DP managed to comeback from an injury that season, screwed over Inter in Coppa semi-final (our only title hope back then), oh how weird he scored in the final vs Lazio as well :shocked:

Whatever man...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ok then, why don't you go and kill yourself or something ;) and you can enjoy the silence as well :eyebrows: 2 in 1 baby! wohoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)