Is it our forwards or is it us? (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So what? Kovacevic and Di Vaio were never going to be better strikers. Tough break. Miccoli was okay, but not up to the job. Seriously, people need to give it a rest. Del Piero is Juve's all time topscorer, has been one of our most influential players over the years and is currently capocannoniere in Serie B. What more can you want from a striker?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So what? Kovacevic and Di Vaio were never going to be better strikers. Tough break. Miccoli was okay, but not up to the job. Seriously, people need to give it a rest. Del Piero is Juve's all time topscorer, has been one of our most influential players over the years and is currently capocannoniere in Serie B. What more can you want from a striker?
If clubs were to give every single player equal chances and equal playing time, there would be no more record-breaking legends. Del Piero is the most classy of the lot and while perhaps he did not deserve to play as much as he did... nobody can take away the fact that, all things considered, he was the best striker for us in the past decade.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
If clubs were to give every single player equal chances and equal playing time, there would be no more record-breaking legends. Del Piero is the most classy of the lot and while perhaps he did not deserve to play as much as he did... nobody can take away the fact that, all things considered, he was the best striker for us in the past decade.
:tup:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
wasn't really my point, at Lippi's time or even Ancelotti's, he played more than he supposed to play, same way for Capello's, he played less than he supposed to play. I don't give a crap about personal records and goals, he did his job good no one is denying that, but there were times he couldn't give the squad what we needed (not in a way of criticizing), well if we rotated him more then with the third starting forward, we could have more options, and we could keep that "third" forward in form, in other words we could have stronger Atack. that was my point.

But we didn't give those 3rd strikers more chance, so they stayed out of form, hence they prefered to leave the club instead of waiting their chance till forever..

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Lots of bitching over him being our all time best scorer, Andy Johnson can become our all time best scorer if we buy him now and play him every game for the next 10 years.

Oh no he didnt. :oops:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
First of all, Zlatan is no way near the best forward in the world. He's lame and he's only doing good because Inter has no competition this season which is a joke. So he scored 10 goals big deal he's missing tons like always. In fact his 1st season with us was probably better.

Inzaghi - he didn't do anything special in Milan. In fact, his best time was with Juventus he formed an excellent duo with Del Piero. Why we let him go ? Because we got Trezeguet who is much better and he's been doing greater than all the forwards in the world while in Juve. Why you didn't mention him ?

Kovacevic - Here you're right.

Di Vaio - still doing crap whereever he is... He sat on the bench in Spain more than in Juve. I think he wasn't good enough to begin with, should have stayed with Parma.

Miccoli - Doing rather well in the Portugese lega with all due respect doesn't impress and never will. I hate this bastardo.

Saying that Del Piero got too much time is very wrong, in fact he sat so much on the bench for Capello and even not so rarely for Lippi - lots of times he was unavailable (injuries etc) so others got plenty of chances. We all know that. And no, scoring consistently is very hard. We could have played with other strikers all these years but they'd never reach that score line. Having a 40+% for Juventus in all tournaments for so many years with all the competition and hardships is remarkable - others would have gone to slumps and disappeared or quit to other clubs and deteriorate. Some just don't cut it. Also Every team in the world doesn't rotate its forwards too much because you need to maintain confidence. Also clubs have symbols it's true. Del Piero deserved any minute he got if you compare it with let's say... Raul.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
PS oh and how did that lucky mofo manage to become an all time best forward, despite of being injured+being a sub under Capello for like 4 years total... now that just blows my mind :disagree: What's happening to the world?
Capello was at Juve for only 2 years, pothead.

Jan 7, 2004
everybody here is talking out of there ass (including me) everyone thinks that they know what the future holds or would have holded
plus i am sure every single one of use who posted in this thread is a better coach than lippi, capello and for that matter Dechamps when it comes to picking zalayeta in front of bojinov (dont even get me started on palladino)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
mainly lippi's conviction of playing del piero every game
I love ya man :pint:

i can tell you of the top of my head one such situation. del piero gets injured, the big game against milan, di vaio comes in and scores an amazing goal and plays a great game. when del piero comes back, di vaio is automatically on the bench

so you all, wake up, that is/was/will be part of the reason

every coach has their favourites, for lippi it was dp, for capello it was zlatan
Couldn't hav written it better.

I really, must say Di Vaio's goal against Milan was one of the best goals I've ever seen. And he didn't hav a mediocre season IMO.

Zlatan played avg for Capello, but it was more of a too rigid footballing style that hindered Zlatan from his potentials.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
God, people really do like to differ... even if it means to talk absolute nonsense and admire no-name players over footballing legend.

Ok.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Saying that Del Piero got too much time is very wrong, in fact he sat so much on the bench for Capello and even not so rarely for Lippi - lots of times he was unavailable (injuries etc) so others got plenty of chances. Del Piero deserved any minute he got if you compare it with let's say... Raul.
yeah rite, Lippi benching DP? that sounds like the Azzurri team and not the Bianconero.

I am one of those who do believe that towards the end of the Lippi era (2001-2004), he insisted on playing DP regardless his form. During that time DP always had an inconsistant period, playing well one game, and not doing anything the next.

I remember watching Juve games and being frustrated at watching DP play wondering why the hell isn't lippi benching him. Especially during the onfire times of Di Vaio (Juve practically ruined his streak).

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against DP, but my love is for Juve, and if a player doesn't cut it then he shouldn't always start. That was the same for Zlatan.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
God, people really do like to differ... even if it means to talk absolute nonsense and admire no-name players over footballing legend.

Ok.
I don't rate Paro above Zidane, but in 5 years time if I had to pick fielding one player I'd choose Paro.

By the way, I consider DP to be a Club Legend, not a Football Legend.

Jul 23, 2006
yes Del Piero was a cause to losing other talented players

but Del Piero was always the better option

take a look at last season, DP was finally subbed n not used n big nose Zlatan played practically every single game.
in the end, who was better?who was more helpful?who scored more goals??

quit the non-sense since the so called talents weren't major ones like let's say adriano/cassano etc.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
huh improve my English? Do you know what the word 'total' means?

Damn, never liked Persians really, I was right (?) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)