Is it our forwards or is it us? (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sigh, this is not about how good Del Piero is or not. It's about Giving too little playing time to the other forwards we had, that weren't named Trezeguet or Del Piero even if they weren't fit(Lippi loved doing that..).

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
OMG Di Vaio was gonna be a legend and we ruined him :depressed

:rofl2:

Di Vaio and Miccoli played a lot in 2003-04 season (cause DP and Trez had major injury problems), guess what we won nothing!

PS oh and DP managed to comeback from an injury that season, screwed over Inter in Coppa semi-final (our only title hope back then), oh how weird he scored in the final vs Lazio as well :shocked:

Whatever man...
Excellent post !

Seriously, I don't understand the tragedy - did we ruin any forwards ? Who cares ? Could Juventus really have won anything more ? Obviously not, except for CL finals. Did we lose the finals because we didn't have Di Vaio and Miccoli there etc ? Get real...

the other forwards we had, that weren't named Trezeguet or Del Piero even if they weren't fit(Lippi loved doing that..).
when exactly was Trezeguet not "fit"? ... He has the highest scoring % in the world ever for a striker.

yeah rite, Lippi benching DP? that sounds like the Azzurri team and not the Bianconero.
CL Final vs Dortmund

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I've red all your posts and all of you have some right.

First of all maybe we ruined few talents, but theese players I don't rate as a huge talents (maybe only Di Vaio because he scored a bunch at Parma). The bigger problem is like someone said is that almost every season we buy reserve striker to replace our previous reserve striker who didn't get a chance (respect for Zalayeta :)).

Other thing I must agree that Alex is our club legend and he did most of good to club, but does anyone remember Alex 7 goals he scored in season only from PK's and I think one or two from the game. That season he wasn't best striker for us but he played every game he could. He deserved to be benched that season for a few games at least to give our reserves chance. On the other hand last 2 seasons Alex payed the price by being on the bench. But the positive thing was that sitting on the bench pulled the best out of Alex, and my point here is that every player should be rested for few games (not as many as Alex wass under Capello) to get back his hunger for a game and goals.

However I think it's useless now to think what we could do with the likes of Di Vaio or Miccoli, they are our past and nothing else. What important is to think about our future and not make some mistakes from the past. I don't know about you guys but I highly rate Palladino, I rate him more than Boji, Cassano and Adriano together. And even Moggi told that Palla is huge talent and he is Baggios heir and a true no.10. And I will get under fire because I'm saying this but we must slowly think about Alex replacement too and I think Palla could replace him, but the point is that slowly in season or two Alex will become our Bergkamp, a player who will either play 60 min or he will come from the bench for last 20 min.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
why has no one mentioned Henry?! we wouldn't have needed to bother with Divaio, Miccoli, Zlatan et all if we had managed to get the best out of Henry

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
During the 90:s Juventus produced or developed several superstar forwards such as Vieri, Del Piero, Baggio and Ravanelli. Over the last years we have taken in a number of big talents but none of them has come close to our expectations.

Zlatan started really well but ended up in misery. Now he is probably the best forward in the world, playing for Inter.
Inzaghi also did well the first year, but the years after he was not as good. In the end we sold him to Milan where he apart from injuries has been splendid.
Darko Kovacevic was a regular scorer in Spain when he came to us. Here he did well once he got the chance, which he rarely got. In the end he was sold back to Sociedad once again being their leading scorer.
Miccoli came to us after a fantastic season with Empoli, scoring a fantastic goal against Milan and became a national team player. Since coming here he has been sitting on the bench, been loaned out, sold, simply not gotten the chance either. He didn't score any fantastic goals for us, he lost his gli Azzurri status and is now playing in Portuguese league doing rather well.
Di Vaio came here also after a fantastic season with another Italian team, in his case Parma where he had scored 20 goals in 33 games. Here he got one season, being rather mediocre and was then sold.

Why do these super talented forwards and strikers not make it here?
Is something wrong with our system, is something wrong with the whole organiztion or do we simply have a lack of patience?
Vialli had 2 average seasons before Lippi came and in Lippi's first season thats when he shone. Dp came into the side because of Baggio's fitness problems but whenever Baggio was fit , Dp went straight to the bench (remember this before we start accusing Dp of ruining other strikers's careers here). It seemed obvious to Lippi that Dp was no ordinary talent you could just keep on the bench so he decided to build his teams around him and by so doing won every competition you could think of on club level for Juventus. He went to the national team and his first and oly tournament , he won the big daddy of them all, the world cup. Are you trying to say someone with that pedigree knows less than you guys about how good players are? Lest start with Di vaio, please tell me where he shone after he left Juve , if indeed he is a great talent we let go, valencia, flop, monaco, flop and now he is back in almighty serieB. Miccolli is not a starter or regular starter in Benfica. He cannot score loads in the portuguese league. Ah , the much vaulted Zlatan,sure he is scoring goals against mediocre opposition but please tell me how many goals he scored in cl, just to prove how good he really is. Kovacevic can only play well at his spiritual hom real soceidad it seems as he flopped at lazio as well. If these players were as good as or better than dp and trez they would have benched them consistently but they were clearly weren't

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Disregarding how good Del Piero and Trezeguet was, isn't it so that Lippi's conviction to play them has been on the cost of many talented players development. A choice that must have costed us many millions, buying and selling players for just a year is a very costful businees.
When you have two strikers combining well and bringing you goals/assists... part of the team that also managed to bring you trophies...of course It wont be easy to put or risk any youngester or even the likes of Micco or Di Vaio instead of one Trezeguet or Del Piero. makes no sense at all.

i can tell you of the top of my head one such situation. del piero gets injured, the big game against milan, di vaio comes in and scores an amazing goal and plays a great game. when del piero comes back, di vaio is automatically on the bench

so you all, wake up, that is/was/will be part of the reason

every coach has their favourites, for lippi it was dp, for capello it was zlatan
Apart from the goal Di Vaio scored against Milan, he was pretty much useless not to also mention that he lost like 4 chances atleat in that game. Check your facts.

Well, here It shows the diff and the class between these two coaches, Lippi had Del Piero and Crapello had Zlatan. ;).....make your math and your football and let me know who's better.

still, that doesn't mean that we didn't lose talents because of him
Name me one player we lost because of Del Piero???

It's amazing how people get to blame Del Piero on some sort of things, he has nothing to do with it.

As If he's the one who asked Micco, Di Vaio and the strikers we had before them to be putten on the transfer list. Seriously, I think It's enough putting blame on this man.

Like Seven said, history will keep telling who was the best option....next thing we'll hear is that Edgar Davids left because Del Piero didn't allow him to use him shaving foam.

if di viao lived to his potential then it would all be worth it
What planet are you living in? what potential are you talking about, we've seen what he's capable of in Monaco and Valencia and so on....

Get off Del Piero's back ffs....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Vialli had 2 average seasons before Lippi came and in Lippi's first season thats when he shone. Dp came into the side because of Baggio's fitness problems but whenever Baggio was fit , Dp went straight to the bench (remember this before we start accusing Dp of ruining other strikers's careers here). It seemed obvious to Lippi that Dp was no ordinary talent you could just keep on the bench so he decided to build his teams around him and by so doing won every competition you could think of on club level for Juventus. He went to the national team and his first and oly tournament , he won the big daddy of them all, the world cup. Are you trying to say someone with that pedigree knows less than you guys about how good players are? Lest start with Di vaio, please tell me where he shone after he left Juve , if indeed he is a great talent we let go, valencia, flop, monaco, flop and now he is back in almighty serieB. Miccolli is not a starter or regular starter in Benfica. He cannot score loads in the portuguese league. Ah , the much vaulted Zlatan,sure he is scoring goals against mediocre opposition but please tell me how many goals he scored in cl, just to prove how good he really is. Kovacevic can only play well at his spiritual hom real soceidad it seems as he flopped at lazio as well. If these players were as good as or better than dp and trez they would have benched them consistently but they were clearly weren't
They probably don't know what we've won since Lippi builded a team around Del Piero, all they'll come up with for example like Besmire will come and tell you that he ruined Di Vaio's potential.

Then they'll come up again to compare Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Alessandro Del Piero, a name that will probably or surely need atleast 50years to achieve what Del Piero has achieved on the pitch.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Name me one player we lost because of Del Piero???

It's amazing how people get to blame Del Piero on some sort of things, he has nothing to do with it.
and it amazes me how people don't read my posts, or don't want to understand my point even thou they understood.. did you try to read post #26?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)