Is it okay to make fun of religion? (21 Viewers)

Is it OK to make fun of Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

.Seven.

I do exist - Allah
May 31, 2009
In the name of Allah,the most beneficial,the most merciful.

I think Religion good.When i in Dubai last year,i see very smiling and religon people.Allah very important.Making joke at important people not good.They do in Dubai once.Man crack joke at Allah,and then man say Haha.So Dubai crack him in two,and Dubai say HaHa.

Religion Nice.

No Joke please.

Thanks to all.

Allah Bless You.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Simple no will do here. Its not okay to make fun of anyone's beliefs especially ones regarding racial traditions and religious beliefs. Its a matter of respect. I don't go bugging you, you don't go bugging me lets leave it at that. If you do mock someone about beliefs that they hold particularly dear you're disrespectful and rude and it can't be justified because nothing good at all will come from it.

Of course, atheists don't care about respect and human decency... they're too busy saving the world as they sit at their keyboards.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

I think Religion good.When i in Dubai last year,i see very smiling and religon people.Allah very important.Making joke at important people not good.They do in Dubai once.Man crack joke at Allah,and then man say Haha.So Dubai crack him in two,and Dubai say HaHa.

Religion Nice.

No Joke please.

Thanks to all.

Allah Bless You.
:lol:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Of course, atheists don't care about respect and human decency... they're too busy saving the world as they sit at their keyboards.
What is this? Do you feel that we are Lucifer's servats sent from hell to destroy god and whats left of humanity?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Religion Nice.

No Joke please.

Thanks to all.

Allah Bless You.
:wth:

Is this what happens when you're not able to respond Andries properly? Cheap shot.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #274
    Simple no will do here. Its not okay to make fun of anyone's beliefs especially ones regarding racial traditions and religious beliefs. Its a matter of respect. I don't go bugging you, you don't go bugging me lets leave it at that. If you do mock someone about beliefs that they hold particularly dear you're disrespectful and rude and it can't be justified because nothing good at all will come from it.

Why don't you jump off your high horse, cowboy, and read the first post in this thread.

I find it so interesting that some of the people who are clearly not out to be nice to others are the same ones are most offended when people make fun of them.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Why don't you jump off your high horse, cowboy, and read the first post in this thread.

I find it so interesting that some of the people who are clearly not out to be nice to others are the same ones are most offended when people make fun of them.
    Saying I'm not a nice guy :shifty: .

I'm just saying going out of your own way to make fun of someone elses beliefs is rude. And I didn't specify anyone in the forum or any of my own personal experiences and I didn't say I was feeling offended either. What I was trying to do was highlight the importance of respect and manners when you find your ideals don't match up so well with someone elses which definitely lacks at times (not you in particular).

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #277
    Saying I'm not a nice guy :shifty: .
    I'm saying I've seen you curse people up and down these halls, so let's tone down the phony outrage.

I'm just saying going out of your own way to make fun of someone elses beliefs is rude. And I didn't specify anyone in the forum or any of my own personal experiences and I didn't say I was feeling offended either. What I was trying to do was highlight the importance of respect and manners when you find your ideals don't match up so well with someone elses which definitely lacks at times (not you in particular).
    Yes, we know all that. That's not the question. The question is "is there anything that's not okay to make fun of"? If so, why?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm saying I've seen you curse people up and down these halls, so let's tone down the phony outrage.

Yes, we know all that. That's not the question. The question is "is there anything that's not okay to make fun of"? If so, why?
    Seven doesn't count.

Okay. Well I answered the title and poll.

EDIT: if everyone knows that (what a silly billy I was for thinking otherwise) why don't they act like it?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #279
    You didn't explain why. You said "it's a matter of respect", which doesn't say anything. It doesn't justify why those specific beliefs deserve respect that other beliefs don't.

If I told you I believe in Santa Claus and I was totally serious about it, would you respect that? If I told you I believe the earth is flat and I was serious, would you respect that?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    So you're too nice to respect every single opinion especially when it comes to traditional and religious beliefs which means that you respect female circumcision as you know it's a tradition in some African countries? You respect parents who are refusing any medical treatment for their cancer son because of their religious beliefs? Nonesense. Funny things are there for us to make fun of them.

I'm not atheist yet I don't respect the things which seem funny and stupid to me and I do make fun of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)