Iraq. Is it better now?? (AKA ISIS/ISIL/IS/name-of-the-week-here) (9 Viewers)

Is Iraq better now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Agreed..the situation currently is a temporary. In order to get Irak to complete freedom it will still take some years. may be 5, 10, but still better than being under Saddams regime, where even more people were killed but no information were provided in the media. I can telly o that after Saddam, his son was going to take the lead and so on.. what happend to Irak will be helpful for the courtry in the long term. I am very optimistic that it will turn to better.
I really hope so. We used to have Iraqi neighbors a couple of years ago and they believed there was no other way to get rid of Saddam in Iraq. They have been receiving bad news from Iraq since then but they are still hopeful that the situation would improve.

Funny how no one in this country knew what a 'Kurd' was before the invasion. These 'little' details are fed to people to excuse campaigns like this.
I know what you mean but forget about the intentions Tahir. I'm sure Kurds are all happy that now people in the west know what a Kurd is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's pretty weird trying to argue that Saddam wasn't so bad and was better left alone (which is basically what you seem to be doing) by playing down the Kurd issue. I could understand if it was some bogus US foreign policy objective type argument, but this?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I really hope so. We used to have Iraqi neighbors a couple of years ago and they believed there was no other way to get rid of Saddam in Iraq. They have been receiving bad news from Iraq since then but they are still hopeful that the situation would improve.

I know what you mean but forget about the intentions Tahir. I'm sure Kurds are all happy that now people in the west know what a Kurd is.
without the US help, the Saddam family was going to stay for 100 years.. there was no other way than this.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It's pretty weird trying to argue that Saddam wasn't so bad and was better left alone (which is basically what you seem to be doing) by playing down the Kurd issue. I could understand if it was some bogus US foreign policy objective type argument, but this?
You've clearly misunderstood me. I was just replying to Aaron's post about the 'poor Kurds'. While that's not wrong it should be noted that know one knew about them until the idea of invading Iraq came about.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Majority still don't know :D Actually the Kurds should be pissed about this. Americans now know about Afghans, Iraqis, Taliban, Al Qaeda, Hezb'Allah, Shia, Sunni, Iran, Ahmadinejad, Kandahar, Kabul, Baghdad, Basra...

These are pretty much everyday words now but Kurd? Very few know what/who they are :D

And that would be wrong why?
Saying that you did something because of something while that's a lie is ok with you?

Ok.... I get on these forum every day just to see you Martin :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Saying that you did something because of something while that's a lie is ok with you?
If you're suggesting that Bush was undecided between telling the truth and using the Kurd story then you're living in a fantasy world. Whatever they said would have been a lie. It's always a lie. So why object to that in particular?

Besides, "Saddam had WMDs", remember? They already had their pretext made.

Ok.... I get on these forum every day just to see you Martin :)
I know you do, big hug :dule:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I don't even know why you're arguing with me. At this point I see no benefit in continuing with this argument :p

edit: That goes to you too Hoori.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;2673582 said:
I'm American, so I was saying thanks for agreeing with me, but I am sorry about Iraq, how war-torn it is...
Burke, it is right that the security is bad for now. not in all areas. in the north the economy is getting better, the cities are growing, there are so many forign schools, companies etc.. Iraq has so much oil, that all the people in Irak could have a very beautiful life. the people in Irak did not see anything from the benifits of selling oil at the Saddam time. now it is changing. the poeple get better wages, they can have a better life, but as I said in the regions in the middle and south there is the security problem. I really hope this will get better soon. I mean it is better now comparing to 5 years ago.. we will see this..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)