Iraq. Is it better now?? (AKA ISIS/ISIL/IS/name-of-the-week-here) (6 Viewers)

Is Iraq better now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Don't know the percentage but vast majority are Sunni. Then there are Alevis which i would not categorize as Shia.
Alevis are definitely not Shia. Shia consider themselves as Muslims. Alevis do not agree with other Muslims on the main rituals. They do not pray the same five prayers on a daily basis and they do not fast at Ramadan.
Well, some of shia's are no considered muslim, but are considered shia's! There are about 12 main groups of Shia's and all of them have sub groups. So I wouldn't not generalize them. Kurds in Kobane are shia's right?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,824
    Not the same prayers? Oh $#@!, this is serious. Who would have thought that having exact same prayers is such an important issue to god.
    Well, each religion has its own rituals. Islam has these 5 pillars that are considered essential to be considered Muslim. Prayers and Fasting are two of them.

Well, some of shia's are no considered muslim, but are considered shia's! There are about 12 main groups of Shia's and all of them have sub groups. So I wouldn't not generalize them. Kurds in Kobane are shia's right?
    There is nothing called a Non-Muslim Shia. There are three main sects of Shia which are:

-Jaafari (Ethna Ashari): Mainly in Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Bahrain
    -Ibadi: Mainly in Oman
    -Zaydi: Mainly in Yemen

Kurds in Kobane (Ayn Al-Arab) according to statistics are more than 99% Sunni and a very small number are Christians. No Shia are there.

- - - Updated - - -

They are Sunni except the Yazidi minority.
    Yazidis in Syria are only in the north east and the north west. No Yazidis in the middle area of Kobane (Ayn Al-Arab)

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
    Don't know the percentage but vast majority are Sunni. Then there are Alevis which i would not categorize as Shia.
    Alevis are definitely not Shia. Shia consider themselves as Muslims. Alevis do not agree with other Muslims on the main rituals. They do not pray the same five prayers on a daily basis and they do not fast at Ramadan.
    Well, each religion has its own rituals. Islam has these 5 pillars that are considered essential to be considered Muslim. Prayers and Fasting are two of them.

There is nothing called a Non-Muslim Shia. There are three main sects of Shia which are:

-Jaafari (Ethna Ashari): Mainly in Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Bahrain
    -Ibadi: Mainly in Oman
    -Zaydi: Mainly in Yemen

Kurds in Kobane (Ayn Al-Arab) according to statistics are more than 99% Sunni and a very small number are Christians. No Shia are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yazidis in Syria are only in the north east and the north west. No Yazidis in the middle area of Kobane (Ayn Al-Arab)
    That's interesing! Now what's wrong with kurds or ISIS? I mean i understand (I don't agree though) them fighting Yazidis, Asaad's army, Iraqi's army, but why are they fighting?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,827
    This is not the best day for helicopters in the region. So far, since the morning:

IS shot down a helicopter of the Iraqi army. Its crew were killed immediately.
    Free Syrian Army shot down a helicopter of Assad's army near Aleppo, Syria. Its crew were also killed immediately.

Just before two days, USA started using helicopters against IS. Would they change their opinion now?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It's not like ISIS are targeting Kurdish people anyway. There are Kurds among them as most of the Kurds are Sunni and religious people. Anti-Islamic organizations like pyd and pkk are being targeted and once again they are throwing lives of their followers into fire to save their own. They will have to wait another millennia for their marxist kurdistan. They bet on wrong horse for more than once and they will pay for it now.
    Huh? They are and have, I personally know dozen of kurds here in Sweden who lost alot of relatives to them in Kurdish part of Iraq (and little in Syria). Besides being run off from their homes and cities. And before you trivilize their suffering, all of the above are Sunni muslims (I barely know kurds who are christians, the Iraqi's I know who lost relatives are all christians who got hit the hardest in past months).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Huh? They are and have, I personally know dozen of kurds here in Sweden who lost alot of relatives to them in Kurdish part of Iraq (and little in Syria). Besides being run off from their homes and cities. And before you trivilize their suffering, all of the above are Sunni muslims (I barely know kurds who are christians, the Iraqi's I know who lost relatives are all christians who got hit the hardest in past months).
    Assyrians yeah? I know plenty here who's families have been slaughtered in Iraq

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I'm not sure if they count themselves as assyrians (proud iraqi's), but one of them is my co-worker and yeah she actually has alot of relatives in Australia (almost all of her immediate family), so she might be, will ask. Very resilient group of people, considering the shit they gone through and still go through.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Its pointless to have these airstrikes in city like that if a good ground force isnt following through. ISIS has already taken control of most parts of the city, evidenced by the fact they stopped shelling it, and that most of the population has already fled to Turkey.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,834
    War in Iraq killed people from all religions during the last decade. Horror was so random.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,836
    I'm not sure if they count themselves as assyrians (proud iraqi's), but one of them is my co-worker and yeah she actually has alot of relatives in Australia (almost all of her immediate family), so she might be, will ask. Very resilient group of people, considering the $#@! they gone through and still go through.
    Most of Christians in Iraq are Assyrians. A very small number is of Armenian origin.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile in Germany:

-----------------------------

14 wounded as Kurds and 'radical Muslims' clash in Germany

Street clashes between hundreds of Kurds and radical Muslims in Germany's northern port city of Hamburg left 14 people wounded overnight, police said Wednesday.
    About 400 Kurds had rallied Tuesday against the jihadist group Islamic State (IS), whose fighters are besieging the Kurdish city of Kobane on the Syrian-Turkish border.
    After the demonstrators gathered outside a Hamburg mosque, they were confronted by some 400 people described by police as mostly Salafist Muslims, and tensions escalated into violent clashes.
    Police in riot gear used batons, pepper spray and water cannon to separate the groups of mostly young men who attacked each other using metal rods, sticks and machetes, as well as hurling rocks and bottles, local media reported.
    Tensions between hundreds of Yazidi Kurds and mostly Chechen Muslim immigrants also escalated in the city of Celle in the northern state of Lower Saxony, local newspaper Cellesche Zeitung reported.
    Riot police intervened against men armed with sticks, rocks and bottles, leaving several with slight injuries, the newspaper and public broadcaster NDR reported.

http://www.expatica.com/de/news/german-news/14-wounded-as-kurds-and-radical-muslims--clash-in-germany_303906.html

-------------------------

I love media there. They just rate the people who defend the mosque as radicals while it is very clear from the news itself that the Kurds are the ones that attacked the people in the mosque. Why would they go to that area initially if they are not willing to fight?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Its pointless to have these airstrikes in city like that if a good ground force isnt following through. ISIS has already taken control of most parts of the city, evidenced by the fact they stopped shelling it, and that most of the population has already fled to Turkey.

Nobody here wants to send our troops into street battles in Kobane, unless they either work for the government or listen to FOX News constantly. Somebody else can send in ground forces to hit the pockets there, or we can just level the entire city.

Moreover, if ISIS isn't targeting the Kurds, then I'm sure other parts of Syria are doing just fine.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Most of Christians in Iraq are Assyrians. A very small number is of Armenian origin.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile in Germany:

-----------------------------

14 wounded as Kurds and 'radical Muslims' clash in Germany

Street clashes between hundreds of Kurds and radical Muslims in Germany's northern port city of Hamburg left 14 people wounded overnight, police said Wednesday.
    About 400 Kurds had rallied Tuesday against the jihadist group Islamic State (IS), whose fighters are besieging the Kurdish city of Kobane on the Syrian-Turkish border.
    After the demonstrators gathered outside a Hamburg mosque, they were confronted by some 400 people described by police as mostly Salafist Muslims, and tensions escalated into violent clashes.
    Police in riot gear used batons, pepper spray and water cannon to separate the groups of mostly young men who attacked each other using metal rods, sticks and machetes, as well as hurling rocks and bottles, local media reported.
    Tensions between hundreds of Yazidi Kurds and mostly Chechen Muslim immigrants also escalated in the city of Celle in the northern state of Lower Saxony, local newspaper Cellesche Zeitung reported.
    Riot police intervened against men armed with sticks, rocks and bottles, leaving several with slight injuries, the newspaper and public broadcaster NDR reported.

http://www.expatica.com/de/news/ger...radical-muslims--clash-in-germany_303906.html

-------------------------

I love media there. They just rate the people who defend the mosque as radicals while it is very clear from the news itself that the Kurds are the ones that attacked the people in the mosque. Why would they go to that area initially if they are not willing to fight?

after all the shit that came out of saudiland, it is safe to say that anyone who adheres to salafist ideology is a radical nutjob who ought to be confronted and by muslims above all.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody here wants to send our troops into street battles in Kobane, unless they either work for the government or listen to FOX News constantly. Somebody else can send in ground forces to hit the pockets there, or we can just level the entire city.

Moreover, if ISIS isn't targeting the Kurds, then I'm sure other parts of Syria are doing just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIDCGy9V9mw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)