'Intro' to sports betting (10 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Intro said:
Also Jeeks where are your Swedish league previews you promised :p. I count SEVEN!!! different league markets offered at Bet365. Surely your moderators jobs here can't be that time-consuming can they? :D

Just joking mate - actually is there a team you follow in Sweden?
Not really as I don't like the league, but since I live in Göteborg, it is nice to see Göteborg teams win. But I haven't watched any game from the league because they are very boring, they all play the same.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    After the forum being down for the weekend I thought about whether or not I should post my bet results as obviously now they are after the result and in theory I could 'tamper' the bets to my liking. But I have no reason to do so such a thing as I've already had the chance to embarrass myself before with losses. :oops:

Here were my weekend bets:

Saturday:
    Arsenal v Tottenham: 20.00 @ 1.70 => 0.00(Gamebookers)
    Inter Milan(-1.25AH) v Reggina: 20.00 @ 1.70 => 34.00 (VCBet)
    Messina v Milan(-0.25AH): 20.00 @ 1.73 => 34.60 (VCBet)
    Hamburg v Leverkusen(+0.5AH): 20.00 @ 2.00 => 40.00 (Bet365)
    Newcastle v WBA: 20.00 @ 1.70 => 34.00 (Gamebookers)

Sunday:
    Federer v Nadal: 20.00 @ 2.00 => 40.00 (Bet365)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 13/7/2/0
    Starting Bank: 200.00
    Current Bank: 318.40
    Profit: 118.40
    Staked: 430.00
    Yield: 27.53%

Bet365: 80.00
    Gamebookers: 35.40
    Paddy Power: 20.00
    Stan James: 92.40
    VC Bet: 90.60

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #44
    Just a brief explanation of those:

Arsenal, Inter, Milan and Hamburg bets were placed before Saturday with the Newcastle bet added before kick-off after the scores in England, Italy and Germany respectively.

Arsenal: The price was too attractive on Friday to resist and Spurs almost never perform in big matches. When seeing the team news at 12.00 on Saturday I knew this bet was in trouble. It duly lost and the weekend started in the worst possible way.

Inter: Handicap was too good to refuse. Inter always win these types of matches by 2 goals this season. VCBet were alone in offering the -1.25 for 1.70 with the -1.5 goal at 1.90. I will always take the -1.25 for slightly smaller odds as they both win with the same condition but there is always extra security with that chose one.

Milan: Again the handicap was very favourable and more security than the straight win. Milan were a little fortunate at the end but a win is a win.

Leverkusen: A lot of punters were happy with Hamburg's plight. They were without Van der Vaart and some others and lined up with 6 defenders, 1 midfielder and 3 strikers. I was too much of a chicken to try the oturight away win for prices of 4.00-5.00 so took the draw or Leverkusen win. Hamburg always struggle against teams that score at their ground and Leverkusen are the form team in Germany scoring the most goals since the Winter Break. Actually, reading the comments after the match Hamburg actually performed very well and were unlucky with numerous missed chances and Leverkusen goalkeeper Butt making many saves.

Newcastle: Added this one to make up for the Arsenal loss with Inter, Milan and Leverkusen all in good winning positions at or approaching HT. WBA are terrible on the road and I had to accept a poorer price than earlier. A good and important win though.

Nadal: Very silly odds from the bookmakers. Nadal is the best player on clay and they were swayed by the might of Federer and his performance in reaching the final. I had to take this earlier than I would have liked being busy on Sunday as I'm informed the price increased even more for Nadal. Won't get these odds again but my guess is even next time they meet on clay again the odds will still be too big.

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #45
    Jeeks said:
    Why don't you bet on snooker?
    Yes we have very good coverage here and I enjoy watching the sport. But what opportunities did I miss? I have to admit not even looking into the prices as I've been so focussed on football and tennis. Also didn't Maguire lose which I wouldn't have expected. I'll need some input from you then :p or atleast ask my brother. He also told me on Friday to take Schumacher to win the San Marino GP @ 5.00 before practice and I didn't. :oops:

Will definitely start watching the Crucible action now as we get to the 'business end'.

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #46
    Two bets for today:

Tennis:
    Melzer v Garcia-Lopez: 20.00 @ 2.10 (Paddy Power)
    Andreev(1.25) x Mathieu(1.25) x Almagro(1.28) x Seppi(1.25): 20.00 @ 2.50 (VCBet)

Will look into taking Fulham later...

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 13/7/2/2
    Current Bank: 318.40
    Pending: 40.00

Paddy Power: 0.00
    Stan James: 92.40
    VC Bet: 70.60

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #47
    snoop said:
    Juve vs. Lazio draw. 3.25
    We know Juve's performance lately, and we know Lazio's. Juve will be motivated more to win, but I have the feeling that Lazio will come back and close their area to gain the point. I can't see my self juve to turn to their full power in this particular match, because it is not the end of their chances, the outcome of this match will wake up the Juve.

Livorno - Palermo over 2.5 goals = 2.02
    both of them are atacking teams against smaller teams, I believe it will end over 2 goals.

Messina - AC Milan over 2.5 = 1.9
    Milan wins this week. 1.85

Messina could score, and Milan will want to comeback. no matter what everyone say, Milan wants the scudetto, they know it very well that they screwed it againt Barca, and that Barca will never lose, so ending the seasons trophyless with be a huge mistake..
    Good stuff Snoop :agree: only the Fenerbache draw didn't come in. I was convinced into going for Milan with your confidence and the team news from Gazzetta and Galliani's words. It wasn't looking great 30 minutes in though with 3 subs and 0-1. You also got that Livorno over and Juve draw correct. Maybe we have an Italian expert? :eyebrows: I was thinking about taking your suggests and playing them with some of my own money not documented in this thread as before Saturday I really needed wins. Unfortunately, I did not as I hate betting on draws and Juve were not getting my money for the third match in succession.

Thanks for the input mate - I was wrong to not follow this time. :pint:

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #48
    After a winning run...comes a losing one :cry::

Melzer v Garcia-Lopez: 20.00 @ 2.10 => 0.00 (Paddy Power)
    Andreev(1.25) x Mathieu(1.25) x Almagro(1.28) x Seppi(1.25): 20.00 @ 2.50 => 0.00 (VCBet)

Especially unhappy with that 'lazy' combo. A bad bet as I didn't have much time so made an impulsive decision. Garcia-Lopez was worth the punt but was a loser. Have to be more disciplined with the tennis this week as it's not as stable as last two weeks.

Redistribution of bank:
    40.00: Stan James -> Paddy Power

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 13/9/2/0
    Current Bank: 278.40
    Profit: 78.40
    Staked: 470.00
    Yield: 16.68%

Paddy Power: 40.00
    Stan James: 52.40

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #50
    Jeeks said:
    Play on Fu in the Cucible quarter finals.
    Marco Fu is available @ 3.25 to beat Ken Doherty although it will be a longer wait over Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tell me more mate :D. I'm thinking of only playing 10.00 here in this thread because of the chunky price. I know you are a big snooker fan so why so much value in Fu? He was impressive against one of my favourites (althought out-of-form) Steven Maguire. But Doherty is a former Champion, took out Matthew Stevens and is a long-range potting expert :eyebrows:.

Any more reasons - convince me to play it with a full 20.00 :D.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Fu's first two games were very impressive, fast and accurate. He finished his frames as efficient as possible. Ken Doherty on the other hand has been voted the best defensive player of the year and by far the best defensive player in the Sheffield tournament. I expect a tight encounter but lately, the defensive players are not able to cover the cue ball for players like Fu, Maguire and Hunter back when he was winning.

Afterall it is just a prediction, but this is what I expect to happen, good luck.

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #52
    Jeeks said:
    Fu's first two games were very impressive, fast and accurate. He finished his frames as efficient as possible. Ken Doherty on the other hand has been voted the best defensive player of the year and by far the best defensive player in the Sheffield tournament. I expect a tight encounter but lately, the defensive players are not able to cover the cue ball for players like Fu, Maguire and Hunter back when he was winning.

Afterall it is just a prediction, but this is what I expect to happen, good luck.
    Good stuff...and successful betting is more than just a prediction contest anyway. So if Fu has a greater chance than 30% of winning the tie then those odds are of value and in the long-term a punter will be ahead.

You've convinced me to take this one here in this thread but because I haven't done the groundwork on this one naturally, it will be with the lower stakes of 10.00. Ok, will include that bet along with any tennis either later tonight or early in the morning.

Here's to getting back to 3-figures profit. :pint:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Intro said:
    Good stuff Snoop :agree: only the Fenerbache draw didn't come in. I was convinced into going for Milan with your confidence and the team news from Gazzetta and Galliani's words. It wasn't looking great 30 minutes in though with 3 subs and 0-1. You also got that Livorno over and Juve draw correct. Maybe we have an Italian expert? :eyebrows: I was thinking about taking your suggests and playing them with some of my own money not documented in this thread as before Saturday I really needed wins. Unfortunately, I did not as I hate betting on draws and Juve were not getting my money for the third match in succession.

Thanks for the input mate - I was wrong to not follow this time. :pint:
    thanx man!

predicting the result of FB and GS match was all my fault, I thought that the difference between them was one point, it was 3 actually, which would motivated FB more for the win to equal the points with GS, my bad there.. But 4-0?? the whole Turkey is shoked, no one would expect a result like that..

BTW, you motivated me to do the same in this thread, I just sent money with Western Union, in few days, it will be ready :D

I will post the bets here if you don't mind :smile:

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #55
    Snoop - the more the merrier :D will be good to see your bets.

So far for tomorrow:

Tennis:
    Calleri(1.10) x Mirnyi(1.67): 20.00 @ 1.84 (Paddy Power)
    Berdych(1.30) x Volandri(1.20) x Almagro(1.45): 20.00 @ 2.26 (Gamebookers)

Snooker (courtesy of Jeeks - start sweating those b@ll$ off mate :p):
    Marco Fu to beat Ken Doherty: 10.00 @ 3.50 (Bet365)

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 13/9/2/2
    Current Bank: 228.40
    Pending: 50.00

Bet365: 70.00
    Gamebookers: 15.40

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Intro said:
    Snoop - the more the merrier :D will be good to see your bets.

So far for tomorrow:

Tennis:
    Calleri(1.10) x Mirnyi(1.67): 20.00 @ 1.84 (Paddy Power)

Snooker (courtesy of Jeeks - start sweating those b@ll$ off mate :p):
    Marco Fu to beat Ken Doherty: 10.00 @ 3.50 (Bet365)

Will look into adding another tennis bet in the morning when the prices are out.

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 13/9/2/2
    Current Bank: 278.40
    Pending: 30.00

Bet365: 70.00

one thing I fear is, that I will play with that money on poker and lose in the end, I can't control myself there :(

anyway take a look at these odds (from Betandwin) from Arsenal match tommorow:

How many goals will be scored in regular time? under 2.5 @2.20
    Who will advance to the next round?Arsenal @1.30
    Arsenal to score a goal @1.37

nice aren't they :D

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #57
    snoop said:
    one thing I fear is, that I will play with that money on poker and lose in the end, I can't control myself there :(

anyway take a look at these odds (from Betandwin) from Arsenal match tommorow:

How many goals will be scored in regular time? under 2.5 @2.20
    Who will advance to the next round?Arsenal @1.30
    Arsenal to score a goal @1.37

nice aren't they :D
    Edited last post to include another tennis bet...

I haven't looked into the CL match yet and it looks a tough one to call. Do you mean over 2.5 goals as that price looks wrong. Will Arsenal advance? Depends on the clean sheet - I think it will be interesting to see how this team reacts if it finally concedes and that is definitely more likely to happen with Sol Campbell back in the team. People assume Arsenal will score but only a single goal against Real in that tie and also two goals against Juve which both included a match where they didn't score is hardly prolific.

This one is going to need some thinking about...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    you are right, the odds was wrong about the under2.5 goals. am positive Aresenal will qualify and score. the other one (under2.5 goals) is risky..

there is also a bet on "between who will be the final" Barca vs Arsenal odd os like 1.60 If I am not mistaken..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    ok Intro I joined the club :D

starting with 180$ in Betandwin.

here are some crazy start, If I start it bad, I am fucked up :scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)