Internationals LIVE (31 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
That was one game. Had a relative there, actually. But can you name other instances where a game was abandoned due to crowd trouble?

Doubt it.
Let's take NFL. Outside the US, Denmark actually has the best coverage of NFL. They also talked about why we don't see the problems in America. The argument was, that people go see NFL to have fun and support their team. It sounds stupid, but in Europe, especially in poor countries like Italy, it's not just fun and games.
It's people with social problems and the serbians who caused the trouble tonight, support the country and not the team.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i wish 10 states would be ripped from your state for a year ...then i would like to see how you feel
That would never happen. Minorities have rights in my country, they don't need to split off.

And if they do raise issues, we get around to doing what's right rather than committing genocide. Even if it does take 400 years or so.

Once you try to wipe out an entire group of people (unless you can do it really quickly when no one is looking) the world tends to ignore your side of the story.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Let's take NFL. Outside the US, Denmark actually has the best coverage of NFL. They also talked about why we don't see the problems in America. The argument was, that people go see NFL to have fun and support their team. It sounds stupid, but in Europe, especially in poor countries like Italy, it's not just fun and games.
It's people with social problems and the serbians who caused the trouble tonight, support the country and not the team.
You talk as if Italy is a Third World Country.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i heard on russian tv that yes it was still goin on maybe 10-15 min ago
Meanwhile, outside the ground the trouble flared again. La Repubblica reports Serbia fans left the stadium after the game was suspended, but Italy fans were waiting outside with bottles which started to fly. Riot police got involved and tried to disperse the crowd as Serbia ultras tried to fight.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
England and Germany seem to be able to stop it. Why can't Italy?
I would say that England and Germany should be praised for their efforts seeing as they are the only two countries that seem to be able to control these situations properly. Like I said, you can youtube hundreds of firework displays being put on in numerous countries, countries even like Norway and Belgium who are supposed to be smart and safe.

I mean, the Serbs were in a glass box with a net over them. They smashed the windows and cut down the net. If the police approached them what do you think would happen?

But that would be using LOGIC!!!

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Ireland .. :smoke:

A draw against Slovakia is a good result ..

In Dublin, they must win ..

Russia will be 1st in the group ..
I hope the Irish could get a draw from them in Moscow !!
We needed to win today. We should've been aiming to win the group. To do that now, we'll probably need to win all of our remaining matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)