International Education - would you study in foreign country? (3 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:tup:

Thanks for the input Martin.

I'm still new to my job but I see plenty of people telling its hard to go back to studying again after working for a good no.of yrs and having a pretty decent income to go alongside that.Some share their own experiences so I wouldn't lie that it kind of influences your thought process albeit not completely.

I have a desire to do a masters degree and my aim is actually to go the Cheesio route too.I suppose it all depends on one's will power.I just hope I have the same kind of motivation and desire to study 3-4 yrs down the line.

But anyways , thanks for sharing your opinion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

I'm still new to my job but I see plenty of people telling its hard to go back to studying again after working for a good no.of yrs and having a pretty decent income to go alongside that.Some share their own experiences so I wouldn't lie that it kind of influences your thought process albeit not completely.

I have a desire to do a masters degree and my aim is actually to go the Cheesio route too.I suppose it all depends on one's will power.I just hope I have the same kind of motivation and desire to study 3-4 yrs down the line.

The financial aspect is something you have to take into account indeed. It will be a step down life standard wise. You have to be willing to live in a student house or some cheaper accommodation. But it's only a year or two. If getting that degree is something you really want and you think will give your career a boost, then you can do it.

So let's talk about that: what is your motivation to get a master's?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Want to ask this question to those who leave their jobs after working for 3-4 yrs and a pursue a masters degree or whatever you want to study...
Would you be motivated enough to sit tight and read again ? Because I'd assume you'd be disconnected from your studies/subject especially if you have been working for yrs..

- - - Updated - - -

Let me ask this to @Cheesio itself
It will be difficult i guess, not as difficult as studying while working, wich i did 2 years ago and i found a lot of difficulties to find the time to study.

It's not a question about having the motivation to sit and study because most of the time you can grasp what you ve been tought easily, you have experience in the field so you find it much easier. i think it's a question about finding the right balance.

- - - Updated - - -

The financial aspect is something you have to take into account indeed. It will be a step down life standard wise. You have to be willing to live in a student house or some cheaper accommodation. But it's only a year or two. If getting that degree is something you really want and you think will give your career a boost, then you can do it.

Yeah :tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Towards a more healthier income I suppose ? :p

Well that's an important aspect among many other side aspects.

Master's degree on your CV=could aim towards a higher end job.Well atleast the process could be much easier.aka planting the seeds now towards a much healthier long term future.

I have some aims in my life and some of it could only be realized through money.

Anyway , won't think too far ahead but it's nice to gather opinions from different sources.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people who go work after a Bachelor's degree? wow
Circumstances contribute to that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
There are people who go work after a Bachelor's degree? wow
I kinda wish I had done that. During my master's part of my brain was busy in "the hell is the point of this, it wouldn't be useful in a realistic real world project" mode. I was so eager to work on real stuff. Having done that for a couple of years probably would have made me more focused and patient.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I'm in a similar scenario.

I've been working for 4 years, I do quite well for myself, so it's not going to be easy leaving all this behind and going to pursue an MBA in a faraway country. As Martin said, you'll have to adapt to a step down life standard wise, and as you said it will be challenging going back to studying, exams, textbooks, writing papers etc. But if you believe it will be worth the opportunity cost, then go for it.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
So i got my Visa yesterday, next month i'll be starting new experience. Can't lie and say that i am not starting to have cold feet :D

Brace yourself, Cheesio is coming to Europe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've only been to Paris in France, but it's quite an amazing city. I'd love to live there for a couple of years sometime, think I could get quite used to it!

Plus Cheesio will feel at home there with the large contingent of Maghreb people :p

Also, I ate one of the best couscous ever in a restaurant in Paris, I've never had good Couscous at restaurants other than that one time at Paris, you probably know very well that we Maghreb people love our Couscous :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)