[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs LA Galaxy (August 3rd, 2013) (36 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It's good I didn't wake up for this one after all.

3-5-2 is good when you defend well but I see we were horrible today so no surprise we lost. Most teams have worked out our 3-5-2 already and it makes hard for us to use it successfully. I'd like us to go back to 4-3-3 I enjoyed watching Juve with this formation under Conte. We were so wasteful in front of goal but I prefer it to being outplayed and pushed to the back just like now.

It's a shame Conte won't try anything new though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
What an embarrassing performance wow!!! I almost spent $200 on tickets for this garbage. THANK GOD I didn't ! They should be ashamed to put that jersey on and play so such heartless football and show a lack of respect for their opponents, the fans that paid to watch them and the organizers that invited them play here. SHAMEFUL BUMS!!!! Yes it's preseason. But that doesn't mean u have to play like a bum. Look at Real Madrid... We want to be on their level? Why do they play well in preseason and we don't have to. What mentality is that? Just like everything else in Italy... Garbage !
everything else in italy is the opposite of garbage

- - - Updated - - -

“We need to show more hunger. Buffon made an important point saying he fears a possible indulgence after two consecutive championship successes and you just need to look at the goals we conceded today to realise the danger is there.
“We must increase our concentration levels. We haven’t won a game since we’ve been here, it’s now time to change that.”

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
we have won a scudetto using only the 3-5-2 there is nothing wrong with it,

the players just lacked intensity, that is somthing a different formation wont change.
That's right. But in previous season we used 4-3-3 too and it worked. 3-5-2 often looks like 5-3-2 we're pushed back to our box and we can't move forward if the other side plays the ball around well. Wen you're down it's not helping. Even if you receive the ball back it's too tight to move forward, especially without offensive wingers. We tend to loose the ball too easily.

Intensity or not individual errors we lost goals because of are due to our sluggish buildup play which is very predictable in 5-3-2. We move the game too slowly and it's because we're very narrow with the 3-5-2.

We played for 20min with 3 up front, and they sucked too.It not about formation but about attitude.
We don't train 4-3-3 but 3-5-2. You have random players thrown to play 4-3-3 for 20 mins and you say they sucked. If they're not prepared to play 4-3-3 they won't play it well. It's about preparations.

I'm not saying it has to be 4-3-3. As for me we can use 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or something else.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know it's pre-season. I know he's a new signing. I know he still got a long way to go.

But man, I got this feeling in my head that Llorente is gonna flop so hard here. I wish I am wrong of course. Just putting it out there.
Me too but I am also thinking that Tevez will floppy too.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Antonio Conte says his men need to display greater desire in order to avoid making the kinds of errors that were committed in tonight’s 3-1 defeat to LA Galaxy in Los Angeles.

While the result in a friendly competition counts for very little in the grand scheme of things, Conte believes the Bianconeri need to write the wrongs of this evening’s display, starting with their third and final Guinness International Champions Cup encounter at Miami’s Sun Life stadium on Tuesday 6 August.

Speaking to the media at Dodgers Stadium, the 44-year-old said: “We need to show more hunger. Buffon made an important point saying he fears a possible indulgence after two consecutive championship successes and you just need to look at the goals we conceded today to realise the danger is there.

“We must increase our concentration levels. We haven’t won a game since we’ve been here, it’s now time to change that.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)