Interesting Map about how religions expanded (1 Viewer)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i'm like juvejay here...was baptised as a orthodox christian, my grampa was a priest...used to help him in the church every sunday, used to sing and read the bible for children...then i grew up and stopped believing in God...

the thing is i can't not go to church when someone dies..cannot stop doing the cross sign when my grandma is saying the praier and i can't tell my parents..but i will have a discussion with my dad when a good moment arises

Buy on AliExpress.com

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Nothing at all, I'm not an atheist in the strict sense, just that I like to believe in things that are better explained, science, history, often religion can overlap but also contradicts. I only replied to your post because I felt you weren't telling the entire story.

Thanks for the better explaination Fred.
No I meant surely you think Islam ain't perfect so in your opinion what doesn't make sense in it or what do you dislike about it and things like that?

Apr 12, 2004
One has to give it to the Jews. It takes guts to create the pink thing exactly in the middle of the big green, and to live there.
Green on the north, green on the east, green on the south, sea on the west side. They'll have nowhere to run if things start going against them.
They are Jews, and being Jews, as Jesus was, they can all walk on water and run away over the sea. You think it's crazy to place it there, I think it is a great tactical move.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
This map is useless,it is illogical to show the spread of religions geographically,they are religions not states.

I would say 15% of the Muslims are in India,and almost same percentage of christians are in Non-christian areas.

OK, where's the spread of atheism on this map?
A great question,there are not less than 1 billion atheists in the world,where are they in the map?

One has to give it to the Jews. It takes guts to create the pink thing exactly in the middle of the big green, and to live there.
Green on the north, green on the east, green on the south, sea on the west side. They'll have nowhere to run if things start going against them.
It is true that they are in the middle of the big gree, green on the north,green on th east,green on the south but also USA in the pocket.So they don't have to worry.

ok so watching that-
Christianity is like Juventus,a big hitter,well supported
Islam is like Inter,the big challenger,both had many battles
Buddhism is like Milan,old but followed in Asia means it cannot be written off
Hinduism is like Pro Vercelli,their glory days are long past
Judaism is like Roma,widely disliked but not really a threat
In fact Islam should be compared to Liverpool:eyebrows: ,they were dominating the English league as well as Europe for decades until the 80s but became an average team after that,same thing for Islam,was ruling the world for nearly 1 millennium but now muslims are ruled by others,and as Liverpool has a huge number fans supporting with no silverware,Islam also has too many followers but with no efficiency.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
JuveJay, mind telling me what you have against Islam briefly? and I assume you're atheist.. right?
you don't have to answer, I'm just curious : )
I've actually think JuveJay is a pretty reasonable guy when compared to other atheists and agnostics on here.
Nothing at all, I'm not an atheist in the strict sense, just that I like to believe in things that are better explained, science, history, often religion can overlap but also contradicts. I only replied to your post because I felt you weren't telling the entire story.

Thanks for the better explaination Fred.
TBH,JuveJay is really a reasonable guy as Ze mentioned,a person who discusses expressing his thoughts,ideas and opinions with no any kind of disrespect,abusement or insult.And a person who argues to reach something not just to show his hate.And as he said he makes his opinions depending upon what he understands from science and reads in History,not on what he just hears on road or TV from anyone unknown.

Oh JuveJay you mentioned lots of things in this thread,i just can't reply to all of them in this thread.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
In fact Islam should be compared to Liverpool:eyebrows: ,they were dominating the English league as well as Europe for decades until the 80s but became an average team after that,same thing for Islam,was ruling the world for nearly 1 millennium but now muslims are ruled by others,and as Liverpool has a huge number fans supporting with no silverware,Islam also has too many followers but with no efficiency.
is Islam about to go into administration and be deducted points too?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;2721621 said:
They are Jews, and being Jews, as Jesus was, they can all walk on water and run away over the sea. You think it's crazy to place it there, I think it is a great tactical move.
So in Hollywood Squares parlance, you're saying "Peter, I'll take Moshe Dayan to block."

Making Israel the Paul Lynde of the middle east.

icεmαή;2722064 said:
Islam's got Poulsen :stuckup: Thats all that matters :D
:lol: God, he sucked it big time on the pitch against Portugal yesterday.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Efficiency in doing what exactly? The only thing a religion strives for is to have as many followers as possible.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #80
    I think a lot of people might be scared of what you call "efficiency". Please explain.
    I think he means the impact of those Muslims in the world. They were political leaders, scientists, architicians....

Now, we are nothing relatively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)