Interesting Map about how religions expanded (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok so watching that-
Christianity is like Juventus,a big hitter,well supported
Islam is like Inter,the big challenger,both had many battles
Buddhism is like Milan,old but followed in Asia means it cannot be written off
Hinduism is like Pro Vercelli,their glory days are long past
Judaism is like Roma,widely disliked but not really a threat

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I would actually replace Milan with Inter in that Milan would be like Islam and Inter would be like Buddhism. Since historically speaking, Milan's success was in the 70's and 80's followed by Juve in the 80's and 90's while Inter's glory days stretch back to the 60's.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ok so watching that-
Christianity is like Juventus,a big hitter,well supported
Islam is like Inter,the big challenger,both had many battles
Buddhism is like Milan,old but followed in Asia means it cannot be written off
Hinduism is like Pro Vercelli,their glory days are long past
Judaism is like Roma,widely disliked but not really a threat
It's pretty offensive to compare Juve to Christianity. You politically incorrect bastard.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Inters glory days have been the last 5 years no?
Anything Inter did in the post Calciopoli era should not even be considered in my opinion. I know it might sound like bitterness but since they wouldn't have had any of the success in recent years if it wasn't for Juve going to Serie B it seems to me that it's unfair to compare Inter's recent success due to their extraordinarily favorable circumstances to Juve's, Milan's, or even Inter's in the past 60 years.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Most of the areas Muslims spread to were through invitations to Islam and without a drop of blood, take Egypt for example, we opened it after Christian Egyptians needed someone to get them rid of Romans who stole everything in the country and treated Egyptians as slaves for the difference in beliefs.. Muslims on the other hand allowed freedom of belief completely. and equalled all citizens but christians were allowed to choose between joining Islam or paying more taxes (not too much)
and the wars Islam spread by were after the people we sent messengers with the Quran to, killed the messengers or refused Islam AND declared war on us.

proof that Islam wasn't spread by blood is the time we reached China and India to the east, they -hindus and buddhists- refused Islam nicely and made it clear they want peace with Muslims and each in his own beliefs, and there Islam stopped expanding in lands, but hundreds of years after Pakistian was founded by Hindus who converted on their own

East Asia and Moon Islands converted to Islam simply by Muslims merchants who were the greatest role models in honesty in their trades, that the people of those places converted by themselves

on the other hand, Christian missionaries in Africa with starvations fed those who converted to Christianity.. and the church burned scientists

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Most of the areas Muslims spread to were through invitations to Islam and without a drop of blood, take Egypt for example, we opened it after Christian Egyptians needed someone to get them rid of Romans who stole everything in the country and treated Egyptians as slaves for the difference in beliefs.. Muslims on the other hand allowed freedom of belief completely. and equalled all citizens but christians were allowed to choose between joining Islam or paying more taxes (not too much)
and the wars Islam spread by were after the people we sent messengers with the Quran to, killed the messengers or refused Islam AND declared war on us.

proof that Islam wasn't spread by blood is the time we reached China and India to the east, they -hindus and buddhists- refused Islam nicely and made it clear they want peace with Muslims and each in his own beliefs, and there Islam stopped expanding in lands, but hundreds of years after Pakistian was founded by Hindus who converted on their own
cool story bro

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

East Asia and Moon Islands converted to Islam simply by Muslims merchants who were the greatest role models in honesty in their trades, that the people of those places converted by themselves

on the other hand, Christian missionaries in Africa with starvations fed those who converted to Christianity.. and the church burned scientists
:boh: Really? You are taught this? I'm sure some of it is correct, in areas where religion has not been definied or was in the form of paganism or polytheism, but let's tell both sides of the story.

Islam spread with the expansion of the Arab Empire (an undeniable fact), which was a military expansion. So it was a case of we will sack your towns, take your land and possessions, and if you don't mind converting to Islam that would be awfully kind of you. What a touching story! Suggesting that the Arab states were quite happy to stay where they were, not expand and only reacted to provocation is absolute nonsense. There are numerous accounts of Arab caliphates attacking Christian and indigenous held areas of Africa and southern Europe with the desire for land and treasure. This is what happens with any empire, because it is Islamic it is no different. They are not angels when it comes to direct conflicts in the middle east, eastern Europe, Africa and southern Europe. When the original Arab Caliphate formed after the death of the prophet Muhammed they turned their attentions straight to the richest and most strategic region states; Iraq and Syria and expanded from there, aided by the crumbling Byzantine Empire and it's Persian foes.

It's like other kinds of complete rule, like what happened in Roman Britain and other areas, the invaders get their foot in the door and take a 'softly, softly' approach to dealing with the locals, integrate into their society and then over a couple of centuries turn it completely into their society. It's origin is war and bloodshed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;2720804 said:
Agnosticism is the largest religion in the world, it's practiced by every single person on the planet.
I was still waiting for a massive color splotch on that map starting from West Virginia signaling the spread of Burkejism.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I was still waiting for a massive color splotch on that map starting from West Virginia signaling the spread of Burkejism.
Did you notice how the Christian coloring looked like a rash at first? That was interesting. Then they filled it in like a coloring book.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
:boh: Really? You are taught this? I'm sure some of it is correct, in areas where religion has not been definied or was in the form of paganism or polytheism, but let's tell both sides of the story.

Islam spread with the expansion of the Arab Empire (an undeniable fact), which was a military expansion. So it was a case of we will sack your towns, take your land and possessions, and if you don't mind converting to Islam that would be awfully kind of you. What a touching story! Suggesting that the Arab states were quite happy to stay where they were, not expand and only reacted to provocation is absolute nonsense. There are numerous accounts of Arab caliphates attacking Christian and indigenous held areas of Africa and southern Europe with the desire for land and treasure. This is what happens with any empire, because it is Islamic it is no different. They are not angels when it comes to direct conflicts in the middle east, eastern Europe, Africa and southern Europe. When the original Arab Caliphate formed after the death of the prophet Muhammed they turned their attentions straight to the richest and most strategic region states; Iraq and Syria and expanded from there, aided by the crumbling Byzantine Empire and it's Persian foes.

It's like other kinds of complete rule, like what happened in Roman Britain and other areas, the invaders get their foot in the door and take a 'softly, softly' approach to dealing with the locals, integrate into their society and then over a couple of centuries turn it completely into their society. It's origin is war and bloodshed.
I wasn't taught what I said really, just some of it, the rest was through reading in history.

but you're absolutely right in most of what you said, I know very well that many if not most rulers of any empire including the Islamic weren't such good people and were after treasures a lot, and joys of life
but I'm talking in general and I know we conquored many places by war, I said in "most" of it war wasn't 1st choice, we were either defending our borders or we went in peacefully

but Egypt for example we did Egyptians a great favour

and Muhammad said clearly never to take down a church or hurt any living thing except an adult man with a weapon, rulers not following that shouldn't be taken against Islam but against his person, like Bin Laden

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One has to give it to the Jews. It takes guts to create the pink thing exactly in the middle of the big green, and to live there.
Green on the north, green on the east, green on the south, sea on the west side. They'll have nowhere to run if things start going against them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)