Inter proud to be champs (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
swag said:
Did you hear about Mancini's plans to help Inter repeat as Scudetto champions this coming season? He plans to field a 4-3-1-2 formation: four defenders, three midfielders, a playmaker, and two trial lawyers. :pumpkin:
:lol:

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
swag said:
Did you hear about Mancini's plans to help Inter repeat as Scudetto champions this coming season? He plans to field a 4-3-1-2 formation: four defenders, three midfielders, a playmaker, and two trial lawyers. :pumpkin:
:rofl: That's the quote of the month for sure. :pint:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
swag said:

wait a mintue!! inter has a playmaker ? :D

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
what a joke. they should be embarassed.
why should they be embarassed
they are Inter , embarassement is just another name for the club
1989-2006
winning the world cup inbetween is something easier than that

I think that they've been awarded because they are the only major name that hasn’t been involved in the scandal

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Here's what Tuttosport's editor Giancarlo Padovan wrote in the end of his editorial:

"P.S.: ci giunge notizia che dopo 17 anni di attesa, l'Internazionale Milano Football Club ha conquistato il suo quattordicesimo scudetto, il primo in assoluto assegnato a tavolino alla terza classificata del campionato 2005-2006.
A Massimo Moratti, a Roberto Mancini e al Commissario Federale, Guido Rossi, i più vivi rallegramenti per la straordinaria impresa sportiva."

“P.S.: news reaching us that after 17 years of wait, International Milan Football Club has conquered its fourteenth scudetto, first one in absolute assigned by default to the third classified team of the 2005-2006 championship. To Massimo Moratti, Roberto Mancini and the Federal Commissioner, Guido Rossi, our utmost congratulations for this extraordinary sporting enterprise. “

:pint: :D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Cambiasso defends Inter getting title

MILAN, Italy (AP) -- Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso hit back Friday at claims that his club didn't deserve to win the 2005-06 Serie A title after the country's match-fixing scandal stripped Juventus of the championship.

Inter, which finished third behind Juventus and AC Milan, was declared Serie A champion Wednesday by the Italian soccer federation as the highest-ranking team in the standings that had not been punished in the case.

However, following the ruling, a number of prominent figures within Italian soccer argued that Inter didn't merit the Serie A title as the club hadn't won the crown on the field.

"When I hear it said that we have to win a scudetto on the pitch, I respond that we did. We won the points on the pitch," Cambiasso said.

Among those who have vented their opposition to Wednesday's decision was Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved.

"To win the scudetto you need to be first on the last day (of the season) and they never have been," Nedved said, according to Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport.

AC Milan owner, billionaire businessman and former premier Silvio Berlusconi joked Thursday that he was "happy" for cross-city rival Inter, adding sarcastically that the title had been assigned as a lifetime achievement award.

The 2005-06 crown was perennial Serie A contender Inter Milan's first championship title in 17 years, during which time the club finished in the league's top-three eight times.

Regardless of the criticism, for Cambiasso and Inter winning the league was cause for celebration.

"We are very proud of this title and personally, I am very happy to play in this shirt," the midfielder said.

Associated Press

rossdale

Jul 28, 2006
Someone said:
why should they be embarassed
they are Inter , embarassement is just another name for the club
1989-2006
winning the world cup inbetween is something easier than that

I think that they've been awarded because they are the only major name that hasn’t been involved in the scandal
... I think they must thank the special "commissario" Guido Rossi, that in a normal country would have been a man with no relationships with the parts involved (i.e.: the serie A teams), instead he's been member of the Inter board for three years... Every comment is useless... :tdown:

AND DON'T FORGET THAT SOME YEARS AGO THEY FALSIFIED RECOBA PASSPORT IN ORDER TO CHEAT THE RESTRICTIONS ON NON-EUROPEAN PLAYERS... THEY HAVE BEEN JUDGED GUILTY BY ORDINARY JUSTICE AND INTER OFFICER GABRIELE ORIALI GOT 6 MONTHS, BUT SPORT JUSTICE NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS NECESSARY TO GIVE THEM PUNISHMENTS OF ANY SORT... Again, evey comment is useless...

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
FAT CHANCE!!! INTER HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A COUPLE OF PACES BEHIND JUVE AND MILAN ,THE ONLY WAY U WERE GOIN 2 GET THE TITLE WAS BY DEFAULT!!
ENJOY IT WYLE IT LASTS,NORMAL SERVICE RESUMES NEXT SEASON!!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Camoranesi's harsh words against the Nerazzurri could end their interest in him.

"Inter could never - and I mean never - have won 15 points more than us," he said. "They may have the Scudetto, but we are the real champions."

TeamTalk.com

-------------------------------------------------

:rofl: :rofl: :lol2: :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)