[Int Champs Cup] JUVENTUS vs Calciopoli Directors(August 6, 2013) (44 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Something is very wrong with us then, if it's a matter of fitness that's preventing us from playing at a higher tempo when the other top teams around Europe can do it.
Calling it fitness is a red herring, it's being completely run into the ground, regardless of fitness levels. When you are knackered you lose focus and ability, our players seem to be in a constant state of this recently, because of their training regime. Once it clicks, it will explode.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I doubt it made that much of a difference through the entire season. Of course we could all see Serie A games after CL and it's understandable why we lost to Milan or Roma immediately after playing CL matches but overall we played dull football. Pirlo's free kicks and some penalties saved us occasionally from embarrassment. Motivation you say? It could be. But we became predictable as well. We lack plan "B" and I don't consider plan "B" as throwing an extra forward when we chase the result.
Yes. We were terrible last season, especially when we won the scudetto and went out of the CL to Bayern in our first season back.

Sell Conte

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If it's one of the factors, we're doing something wrong. And if it's motivation or other mental issues -- which I wouldn't expect under Conte --then we have problems there too.
You say it as if other teams around Europe don't have a decrease in performance before or after European games. Not all do, and not all the time, but it's only natural that players look towards those games and feel it physically playing 3 games in 7/8 days whilst traveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it made that much of a difference through the entire season. Of course we could all see Serie A games after CL and it's understandable why we lost to Milan or Roma immediately after playing CL matches but overall we played dull football. Pirlo's free kicks and some penalties saved us occasionally from embarrassment. Motivation you say? It could be. But we became predictable as well. We lack plan "B" and I don't consider plan "B" as throwing an extra forward when we chase the result.
I think you're severely downplaying our achievements to make a point.

Sometimes you can see when the team is conserving energy and others when it is tired. Right now it is tired, but last season at times we were doing the bare minimum. You don't like it, fair enough, but we won the league and had a good CL run. Objective achieved. Maybe without this 'dull football' we would have gone out at the CL group stages, who knows.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We were basically in auto-pilot mode from the Catania game in March. Giaccherini basically won us the league with that last second goal. It's clear that we would approach the rest of the Serie A season using the bare minimum to get through it.

I think some people are also downplaying and underestimating some our performances last season. We absolutely overpowered almost every team we played, only in the CL against Bayern were we nowhere near our best.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think you're severely downplaying our achievements to make a point.

Sometimes you can see when the team is conserving energy and others when it is tired. Right now it is tired, but last season at times we were doing the bare minimum. You don't like it, fair enough, but we won the league and had a good CL run. Objective achieved. Maybe without this 'dull football' we would have gone out at the CL group stages, who knows.
I'm not talking about right now. Yes we've won the league which apart from 2007 was at it's lowest point in the last 20 years. Milan were struggling because of departures, Inter couldn't find themselves, Roma had Zeman and only Napoli proved to be capable of challenging us at some point. We passed group stages. Great. I'm not downplaying that. We had our moments last year. This year it will be harder. Overall quality of the league has improved. Playing like last year we'll face difficulties. Rellying on the same style of play every week could be a potential problem.We'll see. I hope it turns out to be great season as we all were enthusiastic with additions made this summer.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Conte "We are geared towards the Serie A & CL. When the president asks me to win the Guinness Cup, we'll be prepared accordingly." :yao:

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I haven't read what people have been posting in this thread so forgive me for redundant points but I need to express my dissapointment with our team. We have played awful this preseason and tournament. Some people here downplay the importance of preseason and that this tournament was an exhibition for players to gain a following over seas, but what the fuck. We looked awful. That game last night, I saw some truely puzzling and questioning things. First off, the first goal, what the fuck were our defenders doing. They just let Ricky Martin just poach the shit out of the goal without being contested. That was awful, of course Buffon couldn't do anything. I literally saw Chillieo shrug his shoulders and just give up, same with Bon Bon. Secondly, Pirlo played like shit. I have such high expectations for this guy and he couldn't connect the simpliest of passes. He gave away so much possession. Also, Chillio played like shit as well. His touch was god awful and he couldn't connect a pass to save his life. Our strikers couldn't do shit either, Tevez and Vucinic were giving away possession trying to be fancy and it punished us. I am not convince by any of our strikers at this point, especially tevez and llorente. Our wingers were shit, especailly De fuckface chelli (no surprise there) why does this game play for us. The only great player we have is Vidal. He is a fucking monster and played with heart and desire to win and I didn't see that at all in any others. FFS, after last night, I wanted him to go to Real so he could experience a team that could win in the preseason with ease.

I found this tournament to be a real eye-opener and I am extremely dissapointed in what I saw. Even if it is a preseason game, we should not be playing this badly. We have the same exact team that won two consec succudettos plus we've added better talent and we can't win a simple game? Against Everton (who i see is on the same level as Lazio, talent wise) or LA Galaxy who for fuck sake is like Parma? We need to wake the fuck up and realize that teams are adapting to our "new" 3-5-2 and maybe that isn't something that will work this season as well as it had in the past two.

And before anyone calls me out saying they were tired because of Conte's conditioning, that is a fucking excuse anymore. It generally takes two to three weeks of straight conditioning to get back into fit conidition and these guys are prof athletes whose bodies are accustume to this type of harsh conditions. We should be playing better than these past few games. For fuck sake, we made a joke of ourselves in the US. For being one of the greatest teams ever to grace the field of football, we looked like fucking fairies.

/End Rant

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I haven't read what people have been posting in this thread so forgive me for redundant points but I need to express my dissapointment with our team. We have played awful this preseason and tournament. Some people here downplay the importance of preseason and that this tournament was an exhibition for players to gain a following over seas, but what the fuck. We looked awful. That game last night, I saw some truely puzzling and questioning things. First off, the first goal, what the fuck were our defenders doing. They just let Ricky Martin just poach the shit out of the goal without being contested. That was awful, of course Buffon couldn't do anything. I literally saw Chillieo shrug his shoulders and just give up, same with Bon Bon. Secondly, Pirlo played like shit. I have such high expectations for this guy and he couldn't connect the simpliest of passes. He gave away so much possession. Also, Chillio played like shit as well. His touch was god awful and he couldn't connect a pass to save his life. Our strikers couldn't do shit either, Tevez and Vucinic were giving away possession trying to be fancy and it punished us. I am not convince by any of our strikers at this point, especially tevez and llorente.

I found this tournament to be a real eye-opener and I am extremely dissapointed in what I saw. Even if it is a preseason game, we should not be playing this badly. We have the same exact team that won two consec succudettos plus we've added better talent and we can't win a simple game? Against Everton (who i see is on the same level as Lazio, talent wise) or LA Galaxy who for fuck sake is like Parma? We need to wake the fuck up and realize that teams are adapting to our "new" 3-5-2 and maybe that isn't something that will work this season as well as it had in the past two.

And before anyone calls me out saying they were tired because of Conte's conditioning, that is a fucking excuse anymore. It generally takes two to three weeks of straight conditioning to get back into fit conidition and these guys are prof athletes whose bodies are accustume to this type of harsh conditions. We should be playing better than these past few games. For fuck sake, we made a joke of ourselves in the US. For being one of the greatest teams ever to grace the field of football, we looked like fucking fairies.

/End Rant
Conte "We are geared towards the Serie A & CL. When the president asks me to win the Guinness Cup, we'll be prepared accordingly." :yao:
That is all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)