Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (34 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Why not? He would want to prove a thing or two. These kind of agreements are not usually done in European competitions between two teams from different countries and especially when you consider that it's "just" Villareal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
i did not complete the match , how did dp overall performance ?
Nothing much really.. Not his fault though. After Italy scored the early 3 goal in the 2nd half, Lippi pulled out Toni and Gilardino, moved DP forward with Iaquinta who was not doing anything. He was islolated in front because no play maker from behind was doing his first half job. He tried to go back and pick some chances, one of them was quite dangerous but Iaquinta was not following Del Piero and Camoranesi's footsteps and was found clearly off side. Italy mainly deffended the last 30 min.
Ale played the whole 90 min.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Real Madrid did not include a clause in morientes's loan deal to monaco two season back which would have not allowed him to play against them.He screwed them in the end.and i LOVED it:D

i would have thought that juventus would include a clause to prevent tacchinardi playing against us,,so he doesnt do a morientes.
the next worst thing to del piero joining another team and scoring against us would be tacchinardi playing for another team and screwing us.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Del Piero loves Juve-style Azzurri
Football Italia

Alessandro Del Piero feels a surge of confidence in the Azzurri squad after beating Holland and says Marcello Lippi has brought them the Juve spirit.

“You can really see Lippi’s mark on this side,” said the Bianconeri captain who won every trophy under the Coach during their time together in Turin. “We are like Juventus – wherever we go, we play our style of football.”

The Azzurri ended Holland’s unbeaten run of 12 wins and three draws with a confident 3-1 victory in Amsterdam on Saturday evening.

Del Piero took the wide left point of a trident attack with Alberto Gilardino and Luca Toni – who both found the target – but the Bianconeri man knows he must step aside when Francesco Totti returns from injury.

“Before the game I was not troubled by the comparison with Totti,” he insisted after snapping at journalists in a Press Conference. “If anything, I was upset by the repetitive questions that were fielded at me. It’s all behind me now and what counts is the enthusiasm generated by this win in Amsterdam. With an Italy side like this, I don’t mind not scoring goals.”

He almost didn’t play at all in Amsterdam, as he suffered an ankle injury during the warm-up and revealed how he was left bruised and battered.

“The hardest tackle I received on the night was from Gennaro Gattuso! Even in a warm-up between teammates, that’s just the way he plays, and that’s what makes him such a great midfield battler.”

Del Piero could be benched for Wednesday’s friendly with the Ivory Coast, as Lippi has already confirmed he will rotate the squad. “I will be making a lot of changes,” noted the Coach.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
Del Piero loves Juve-style Azzurri
Football Italia

Alessandro Del Piero feels a surge of confidence in the Azzurri squad after beating Holland and says Marcello Lippi has brought them the Juve spirit.

“You can really see Lippi’s mark on this side,” said the Bianconeri captain who won every trophy under the Coach during their time together in Turin. “We are like Juventus – wherever we go, we play our style of football.”

The Azzurri ended Holland’s unbeaten run of 12 wins and three draws with a confident 3-1 victory in Amsterdam on Saturday evening.

Del Piero took the wide left point of a trident attack with Alberto Gilardino and Luca Toni – who both found the target – but the Bianconeri man knows he must step aside when Francesco Totti returns from injury.

“Before the game I was not troubled by the comparison with Totti,” he insisted after snapping at journalists in a Press Conference. “If anything, I was upset by the repetitive questions that were fielded at me. It’s all behind me now and what counts is the enthusiasm generated by this win in Amsterdam. With an Italy side like this, I don’t mind not scoring goals.”

He almost didn’t play at all in Amsterdam, as he suffered an ankle injury during the warm-up and revealed how he was left bruised and battered.

“The hardest tackle I received on the night was from Gennaro Gattuso! Even in a warm-up between teammates, that’s just the way he plays, and that’s what makes him such a great midfield battler.”

Del Piero could be benched for Wednesday’s friendly with the Ivory Coast, as Lippi has already confirmed he will rotate the squad. “I will be making a lot of changes,” noted the Coach.
I miss lippi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)