Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (87 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
‘I’m no part-timer,’ blasts Alex
Friday 11 November, 2005
In a rare fit of pique, Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero subjected journalists to an angry outburst on Friday.

Del Piero raised his voice when the subject of the limited number of his first team appearances was brought up by men in the media.

"I don’t understand why people keep referring to me as a part-time player," he snapped. "I have got nothing to prove."

The darling of Italian football has been used increasingly sparingly by Juventus Coach Fabio Capello over the last two seasons, and the subject of his lack of regular action is frequently raised in Press conferences.

Pinturrichio has always maintained a dignified calm in the media spotlight, but at Coverciano it seems that the patience of the forward, who turned 31 on Wednesday, is beginning to wear thin.

"I haven’t come here to play cards," he continued. "I’m not anyone else’s replacement either. If I’m selected to play it’s because I deserve it."

Del Piero’s chances of featuring against Holland on Saturday should have improved following the withdrawal of Francesco Totti and Christian Vieri through injury.

channel4.com

Forza Alex!!!

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Since Totti won't play, the journalists are all talking of Totti's reserve, the one that plays only because the magnificent Totti can't. Guess who :rolleyes:
It's clear Alex wasn't happy about this, I'll see if I'm able to catch the interview on TV, to hear exactly what he said.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
please do..

and forza Ale, he doesnt need this bullshit media talk all the time..He is the first team..

Im guessing he's the skipper for tommorow night ?

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Since Totti won't play, the journalists are all talking of Totti's reserve, the one that plays only because the magnificent Totti can't. Guess who :rolleyes:
It's clear Alex wasn't happy about this, I'll see if I'm able to catch the interview on TV, to hear exactly what he said.

anybody should be pissed to be called totti's reserve let alone someone like Alex

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
but he did want totti to be wearing the no.10 after his euro2000 tragedy,which kind of "not" makes him of a reserve but self guilt that he doesnt want to play..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Journalists are trying to put DP down.. It ain't gonna happen. They've been trying for more than 12 years now. During these 12 years DP pne 6 scudetti, 1 CL, 1 intercontinital cop ..etc.
They don't even give him a break during his birthday time.
When you have forwards like the ones we have noone is reserve for anyone. They are all starters, it just depends on whos more fit to play a game.
Del Piero might not have played as others players like Totti or so, but he sure did score 4 goals and is only 2 goals away for breaking the record of Juve all time top scorers. As Ale has said, he has nothing to prove. His performance and history speak for themselves. Those journalists are just jelouse of him.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Someone on an Italian Juve newsgroup heard the interview on radio and said that it went like this:
a famous Italian journalist, Varriale (=useless man), asked Alex if he was there (this week, with the Nt) to try to have a starting place (in the 2 matches we are going to play). Dp treated him like the stupid he is and said that he certainly wasn't there to play cards! and then muttered "What kind of a question is this?". The rest of the interview went smoothly.

So the real news is not dp getting angry, but the fact that some journalists are even worse than what it was thought. :rolleyes:

edit: Now I have seen pieces of what happened. First of all the face of dp was priceless when he said the cards thing. He looked at varriale with a mix of disgust and pity. :D For the rest he sounded disappointed (and rightly so), but was always superior to them, although not arrogant.
Well done, Alex :thumb:

And, journalists, this job doesn't fit you :groan:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Someone on an Italian Juve newsgroup heard the interview on radio and said that it went like this:
a famous Italian journalist, Varriale (=useless man), asked Alex if he was there (this week, with the Nt) to try to have a starting place (in the 2 matches we are going to play). Dp treated him like the stupid he is and said that he certainly wasn't there to play cards! and then muttered "What kind of a question is this?". The rest of the interview went smoothly.

So the real news is not dp getting angry, but the fact that some journalists are even worse than what it was thought. :rolleyes:

edit: Now I have seen pieces of what happened. First of all the face of dp was priceless when he said the cards thing. He looked at varriale with a mix of disgust and pity. :D For the rest he sounded disappointed (and rightly so), but was always superior to them, although not arrogant.
Well done, Alex :thumb:

And, journalists, this job doesn't fit you :groan:
Good to hear so..
You know what I miss the most? I miss Alessio. He really was a true friend. Whenever someone writes something bad about Ale, he used to jump out swearing at everyone.. He used to do the dirty work since he was the bad-boy of the team.

He was/is a true Bianconero that deffended the team with all his heart.
When someone gets hit in the field or treated badly by another player he used to to go a give that player a lesson he won't forget.

I will never forget the game between Milan and Juve when Nedved was knocked down close to Milans PK box, Pirlo took the ball and ran in a counter attack without any concern to Nedved's health (it was an obvious intentional knock by someone, can't remember who). Tacchinardi ran after Maldini and Pirlo (they were both doing the attack). He tackled Pilro then stopped Maldini and grabbed both of them from their necks like chicken lol..
Even Gattuso did not have the balls to come near him... Tacchi was wearing the Captain band that night.. He sure was one.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Good to hear so..
You know what I miss the most? I miss Alessio. He really was a true friend. Whenever someone writes something bad about Ale, he used to jump out swearing at everyone.. He used to do the dirty work since he was the bad-boy of the team.

He was/is a true Bianconero that deffended the team with all his heart.
When someone gets hit in the field or treated badly by another player he used to to go a give that player a lesson he won't forget.

I will never forget the game between Milan and Juve when Nedved was knocked down close to Milans PK box, Pirlo took the ball and ran in a counter attack without any concern to Nedved's health (it was an obvious intentional knock by someone, can't remember who). Tacchinardi ran after Maldini and Pirlo (they were both doing the attack). He tackled Pilro then stopped Maldini and grabbed both of them from their necks like chicken lol..
Even Gattuso did not have the balls to come near him... Tacchi was wearing the Captain band that night.. He sure was one.
I agree 100% :touched:
We need people like him in the team, the ones that maybe aren't the best technically, but were maybe more important for the team for their strenght and heart. Tacchinardi, Montero&Ferrara (even though they were also fantastic defenders).

edit: I saw tacch on sky some weeks ago. His eyes still light up when he mentions juve. He'll die a Juventino :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 84)