Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (47 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Today the commintator said that bonepertti has 182 goals, is that true?
My knowledge is:
1- Bonepertti: 179
2- Bettega: 178
3- Del Piero: 178
10- Trezeguet: 107
Boniperti says that he has 182, 'cause he counts also the 3 goals he scored in the "Coppa Latina", but, as far as I know, this trophy was nothing more than a friendly. You know Boniperti, so jealous of his record ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

Boniperti says that he has 182, 'cause he counts also the 3 goals he scored in the "Coppa Latina", but, as far as I know, this trophy was nothing more than a friendly. You know Boniperti, so jealous of his record ;)
great information isha, grazie

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Also possible, but I doubt he goes down to the pitch thinking of the record, if he does that he won't be able to play as he will be distracted.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Also possible, but I doubt he goes down to the pitch thinking of the record, if he does that he won't be able to play as he will be distracted.
I can not imagine that a player who could become club´s best scorer, does not think of that when he playes

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

great pics eddy, this 3 makes me confused, I thought he need only 2
was it for the record or was it because of the score...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Juve's record breakers
By Nadia Carminati - Created on 6 Nov 2005
SKY TRAVEL SHOP SPECIALS
Visit the beautiful city of Venice for an experience you will never forget.

Related links
Team Pages:
Juventus
Player Pages:
David Trezeguet
Alessandro Del Piero
Juventus strikers David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero have both reached goalscoring landmarks in the club's illustrious history.

Deadly Frenchman Trezeguet recently overtook former Old Lady favourites John Charles and Michel Platini in netting his 107th goal in black and white.

The talented hit-man has spoken of his utmost contentment in Turin and his desire to keep doing what he does best, scoring goals.

''I'm happy and proud to have arrived at this target at such a prestigious club,'' he conceded.

''I want to thank my team-mates, because all I am able to do depends on them.

''Platini phoned me to give me his compliments. He made really important things in his time, now I'm trying to do it in mine.

''Now, I'd like to be the most prolific foreign player in Juve's history and score 125 goals.

''It will be difficult but I am keen to do it.''

Trezeguet's form has led to many at the club to champion his cause for the much coveted Golden Ball, but the player himself remains characteristically modest.

''Golden Ball? That is deserved for players who entertain people, like Ronaldinho or (Zlatan) Ibrahimovich.

''For sure, those who score make always a pleasure but if I was I fan, they would be the players who'd I'd like to see.

''Those who make the audience shout.''

Meanwhile, Del Piero's goal at the weekend, in a 3-0 over Livorno, has taken his tally level to Juve vice-president Roberto Bettega on 178.

''I'm not usually aware of these counts but that doesn't mean I don't know when I arrive at such a point,'' said Del Piero.

''It certainly flatters me to achieve this target.''

Juve coach Fabio Capello admits he was more than satisfied with his side's performance in putting Livorno to the sword on home soil.

''We made many favourable situations in the second half,'' claimed Capello.

''It isn't easy playing against a team like Livorno, they had a little fall in the second half and we took advantage of this.

''They gave us trouble with their pressing but my team were good - as were Livorno.''

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++

was it for the record or was it because of the score...
I guess we have just to wait, we will know that after he scores again. and not to know it exactly makes it more interesting ;)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

I guess we have just to wait, we will know that after he scores again. and not to know it exactly makes it more interesting ;)
haha true ;)

:party: cant wait :fool:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
finaly The correct Information about our captains record chase, these Information are from juventus.it and must be correct. as Isha said Boniperti has 179 goals. the 3 goals he scored in the coppa latina do not count because it has not been an official turnier.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Del Piero ad un passo dal record

Alessandro Del Piero continua la sua marcia trionfale verso un record assoluto e prestigiosissimo, quello di miglior goleador bianconero di tutti i tempi.

Grazie al gol segnato contro il Livorno, il capitano ha raggiunto Roberto Bettega che da giocatore aveva collezionato ben 178 reti e contribuito ai successi più prestigiosi della Juventus anni 70-80. Ed è proprio il nostro Vice Presidente a complimentarsi con Del Piero dopo la partita: “Sono felice che a raggiungermi sia stato Alex, un altro ragazzo proveniente dal nostro vivaio. Non mi resta che fargli i complimenti e sperare che mi superi presto, continuando a segnare ancora tanti gol per la nostra Juventus”. Ed ora Alex punta Giampiero Boniperti, che di gol in maglia bianconera ne ha realizzati 179. Gli bastano dunque due reti per diventare il goleador numero uno nella storia della Juventus.

Ecco perché ad Alex mancano solo due gol per superare Boniperti:

I gol di Boniperti sono 179 e non 182. I tre gol che vengono attribuiti in più a Boniperti da alcune pubblicazioni si riferiscono alla manifestazione “Trofeo Coppa Latina” del 1952. A questo torneo, che prevedeva la partecipazione delle squadre vincitrici del titolo in Portogallo, Spagna, Italia e Francia, non sempre partecipavano le prime classificate, come dimostra la presenza della Lazio (quarta in classifica) nell’edizione 1951. Il torneo del 1952 disputato a Parigi in soli quattro giorni (25 Giugno-29 Giugno) vide la partecipazione di Nizza, Sporting Lisbona, Barcellona e Juventus. La squadra bianconera venne sconfitta (4-2) dal Barcellona e si aggiudicò la finalina per il terzo posto (3-2) sullo Sporting Lisbona. In queste due partite Boniperti siglò tre reti, che però non sono inserite tra quelle ufficiali perché il torneo non aveva l’ufficialità di una manifestazione Europea ed aveva solo la prerogativa, in quegli anni, di far disputare qualche partita al termine dei rispettivi campionati. Questo torneo, nato nel 1949, fu disputato per quattro edizioni. I punti conquistati sul campo venivano sommati anno dopo anno non alla squadra ma alla nazione che rappresentava. La classifica finale vide la Spagna prima con 12 punti poi Francia (10), Italia (9) e Portogallo (9).

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Number of the Week: 178
Alessandro Del Piero’s late goal in the 3-0 win over Livorno saw the captain become Juventus’ second highest scorer alongside current Vice-President Roberto Bettega. The No 10 is now on 178 strikes for the outfit, just four short of record holder Giampiero Boniperti. The latter scored 182 goals in 462 games.
David Trezeguet is tenth in the list. His goal in Week 11 was his 107 and is now seven behind ninth-placed man Federico Munerati.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bozi.78 ] ++
great goal gonna break that record against treviso 27th november remember the date its my birthday:Dand alex is gonna give a great present
well the chance is really good that cap will let dp play against treviso ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)