Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (42 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

this time I agree with you azzuri7, I have been pesimistic about Del Piero, but I think this is the best he has done in a BIG MAtch in the last few years and I'd like to know what sort of influence it has on him for the rest of the season.
Im not saying that DP is the "Greatest" again, but the light is shinning on him and I'd like to see if he can keep it shinning, for Juve's sake.
Hopefully he'll continue on this way.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lippi Hails Great Del Piero

5/10/2005 8:23:00 AM
The Azzurri’s national team coach complimented the Juve captain for the performance against Milan and the whole season in general.
Following the all-important 1-0 win achieved by Juventus over Milan, Marcello Lippi came out to applaud Alessandro Del Piero after a season of highs and lows, culminated with the excellent performance against the Rossoneri. “Del Piero has always been like this. In the important moments he always showed his best.” Pinturicchio never started any controversy for his numerous substitutions (28) throughout the whole season, something which Lippi acknowledged. “A great champion always behaves this way,” declared the former Juventus coach.

:touched:

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Dan, did del piero owed u 1 million dollars or wat??
If ppl feel happy coz he performed well and treat him like a semigod, what's up w u then?? it got nothing to do w u?? y dun u just let them live their peaceful lives??? dp was good back in 02/03 season, i dun think he sux for past 5 yrs...??? he was one of the reasons juve was in the cl final 02/03 season?? yes, he did choked in a lot big matches..but u can;t deny he did reasonaly well in the Milan -juve match at San Siro.
so, what's up w u anyway?? this is a delpiero threadlah, for God sake, let the dp fans cheer for their hero plz......

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
If ppl feel happy coz he performed well and treat him like a semigod, what's up w u then?? it got nothing to do w u?? y dun u just let them live their peaceful lives??? dp was good back in 02/03 season, i dun think he sux for past 5 yrs...??? he was one of the reasons juve was in the cl final 02/03 season?? yes, he did choked in a lot big matches..but u can;t deny he did reasonaly well in the Milan -juve match at San Siro.
so, what's up w u anyway?? this is a delpiero threadlah, for God sake, let the dp fans cheer for their hero plz......
He doesn't want us to be happy, I don't understand his problem if we are happy or not.

well Dan doesn't know that Del Piero was behind our 02/03 season and CL Final, he's new Juventino, he doesn't know his history.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Come on guys, just cos someone has a different view from your own doesn't mean he should leave this thread alone.

In your opinion Del Piero was behind the 02/03 season, obviously it is a team game, but the player who shone most for me (and many others I'm sure) was Nedved. I'm not questioning whether you know your history am I?

This is the offical Del Piero thread, so where better for Dan to post his feelings on Del Piero than here? Even though Dan might be criticising Del Piero, or questioning why he has such a God-like status - this is still the right thread to do it in.

This isn't the Official 'We all love and will cry if we hear anything bad about ' Del Piero thread. Azzurri7 has created one of those threads elsewhere, so maybe it's you guys who are in the wrong thread?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

He doesn't want us to be happy, I don't understand his problem if we are happy or not.

well Dan doesn't know that Del Piero was behind our 02/03 season and CL Final, he's new Juventino, he doesn't know his history.
Well, considering i stared supporting Juventus if i have to be honest in the 2002/2001 season...

Please, be happy all you want. I just think you are all fanatics. Like you Azzuri7, when Trezugeut scored the goal, you posted:

++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
DEL PIERO, GOD OF FOOTBALL, FVCK YA ALLLLLLLLL

DPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CAPTAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/B
]

Ignore the childish **** yall, but even members such as Gino Geniso (who you have sunk lower then on Dan's Rabble list) credited THE SCORER of the goal.

The 'bashers' as you like to call them have just reason to bash, whilst one game does not make up for woe, and pathetic play from the Captain of Juventus.

And the day i care about people's happiness on an internet forum is the day I will slit my wrists. And i dont know my history? Im not the one who rates Ancelotti higher then Capello, which most Milanistas and other football fans round the world would disagree with without second thought. So I offer this advice to you Azzuri7- Take care not to spit against the wind.

People like you are superfluous. (yes go look in the dictionary)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
Did i ever de-ride people of their happiness? Did i ask them to quit their being content? No. Im asking people to wake the **** up and smell the coffee. Zalayeta has been more pivitol in our season then Del Piero and yet everyone kisses his feet still after years of dissapointment and underperforming. Im about to come to the conclusion that all these Del Piero lovers are actually people in love with Del Piero. And no, Dp was very average back in the 2002/2003 season. Every player was one of the reason juve were in the CL final, so thats hardly an excuse. And yes, he choked in more big matches then he has performed. And yes, i agree he played a 'good' match at the San Siro.

Del Piero is one of my favourite players, but reality beckons. This post has only cemeted the fact that you have no eyes outside the Juventino perspective. nice one :thumb:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
oh and btw Dan, where's "DP is not my captain" signature?
Well, lets deduct this together:

Do you see it in my signature anymore?

No.

So it is not there anymore! Wow!

Now, to where it is, it could be halfway to america by now. It must be hard rowing with the ' D ' and ' n ' though- the water must just go right through those letters.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
He steps it up for one game this season, albeit important, and that makes up for a whole sorry 5 years? Nope.
Hmm, sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on. Although I understand Dan's point of view since he's just trying to be a wise, critical follower of football. Sometimes he's maybe a little bit more cynical than most people are used to and that causes the sometimes "hostile reactions".

Anyway, back to the matter itself. You said he's had a sorry five years? Let's see. He's scored 61 goals in Serie A in the last five seasons (and led Juve to 2 scudetti). Are those "sorry years"? I know what you mean in a sense that DP has always been like a rollercoaster or at least after his injury but to say that he's basically sucked for the last five years is just a lie.

Anyway, the talk about DP will never go away - I've already accepted that. Sometimes it's frustrating to read these posts but hey, what wouldn't you do for the sake of your passion?

DP is "not back" (I hate that term), he's not "the greatest player alive" (concretely, not emotionally) but he has proven that he can deliver at the biggest stage and that he's an asset to Juve.

EDIT: Dan, you say people have fallen in love to DP and they can't see the big picture. I think you've fallen in love to Zalayeta since you're praising him in every friggin' post. :D He's not THAT great, you know. That one goal and some good plays in the last minutes of the game doesn't make him a Juve starting line-up material. In fact, whenever he has started, he's been average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 32)

• JCK