Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (110 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
It just seems a bit "courageous" on your part to take it off after your "captain" carried his team to victory in the most important game of the season. hope you dont mind me making the correlation there.

Of course not, and since you are making a more educated arguement i shall respond in a resonable way too.

Simply, I didnt want to be ragged upon by people like you for having that in my signature after Del Piero did have a good game. And Del Piero still is not my captain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
People like me as you say ( whatever that means ) should neither scare you nor silence your views since you're going about it the educated way. The point is DP, the Juve captain, was clutch in the most important game of the season for us ( and this is not the only game where he shone mind you); Now give me one reason why any juventus fan should be so insolent as to be ungrateful and not call him the captain?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++

Hmm, sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on. Although I understand Dan's point of view since he's just trying to be a wise, critical follower of football. Sometimes he's maybe a little bit more cynical than most people are used to and that causes the sometimes "hostile reactions".

Anyway, back to the matter itself. You said he's had a sorry five years? Let's see. He's scored 61 goals in Serie A in the last five seasons (and led Juve to 2 scudetti). Are those "sorry years"? I know what you mean in a sense that DP has always been like a rollercoaster or at least after his injury but to say that he's basically sucked for the last five years is basically just a lie.

Anyway, the talk about DP will never go away - I've already accepted that. Sometimes it's frustrating to read these posts but hey, what wouldn't you do for the sake of your passion?

DP is "not back" (I hate that term), he's not "the greatest player alive" (concretely, not emotionally) but he has proven that he can deliver at the biggest stage and that he's an asset to Juve.

EDIT: Dan, you say people have fallen in love to DP and they can't see the big picture. I think you've fallen in love to Zalayeta since you're praising him in every friggin' post. :D He's not THAT great, you know. That one goal and some good plays in the last minutes of the game doesn't make him a Juve starting line-up material. In fact, whenever he has started, he's been average.
61 goals? For a forward at a squad like Juventus? How many of them were penalty kicks? If we be modest and deduct at least twenty, thats about 9 goals a season which frankly STINKS. Led us to 2 scudetti? im sorry, i thought football was a game of 11 men. He may of had a hand in it, but he had 10 other people carrying him along the way.

However, having said this i think Del Piero is a defenate asset to the club. He is a Juventus Idol, and surely Moggi knows this and Del Piero will continue to sell many shirts so he does earn his wage in the marketing department. Though for a captain he is making a damn lot for what he contributes, and his wage bill is hardly an example to the rest of the team who are consistently taking wage cuts.

Btw, Im using Zalayeta as an example. Its just why not Zalayeta? People are so desperate to credit Del Piero for every little thing he does, it gets pathetic. If it would of been Del Piero who would of scored the Madrid goal, we would hear no end of it. But hardworker Zalayeta does it and he is forgotten in a few days. What has Del Piero got that he hasnt? Maybe more flair (which Zalayeta easily makes up for in his workrate) but his image and following. Its now become a cult, and when their God does something correct they are very quick to point this out, despite it being good, but not even in the Tier of the World's 50 best players. So basically what im saying is, when Del Piero has a match up to scratch with the rest of the team, he is praised no end when he has actually just performed once in a while.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
People like me as you say ( whatever that means ) should neither scare you nor silence your views since you're going about it the educated way. The point is DP, the Juve captain, was clutch in the most important game of the season for us ( and this is not the only game where he shone mind you); Now give me one reason why any juventus fan should be so insolent as to be ungrateful and not call him the captain?
People like you means people who would highlight that signature to critise my views. I couldnt be bothered to have this arguement, so lets close it now.

He was the clutch? Well, correct me if im wrong, but Trezugeut headed the ball, Zambrotta defended like a hound as did Cannavaro and Thuram. Buffon saved from Inzaghi. So basically, he was perhaps in the most important fifth of the team, which is what someone of his supposed calibar should be doing consistantly against most teams. If Appiah played aswell as he did, we wouldnt be hearing anything about his achviements would we?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I am all for giving credit where it's due, and so should you.

I have congratulated DP on a good match, but im not going to go overboard. DP doesnt deserve special treatment. Nor does he probably want special treatment. So why single him out for praise excessively when he was on teir with about 4 other players on the pitch?

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++Led us to 2 scudetti? im sorry, i thought football was a game of 11 men. He may of had a hand in it, but he had 10 other people carrying him along the way.
Yep, well I expressed myself badly there. I didn't mean he was the key reason for the victories.

What has Del Piero got that he hasnt? Maybe more flair (which Zalayeta easily makes up for in his workrate) but his image and following. Its now become a cult, and when their God does something correct they are very quick to point this out, despite it being good, but not even in the Tier of the World's 50 best players. So basically what im saying is, when Del Piero has a match up to scratch with the rest of the team, he is praised no end when he has actually just performed once in a while.
What does DP have and Zala hasn't? He has charisma, a great past and flair that intrigues people. Sure, DP is not one of the best players in the world due to his inconsistency and therefore all the publicity he gets may seem to someone as stupid but that's just the way it is. He's a juve icon and no force an earth will change that. Is it right that he gets so much praise in the expense of someone like Zala? I don't know, that's life.

I agree with you when you say that when DP performs as well as some of Juve's other players, some are eager to point that fact out. However it's not all who do that and those who do, do it because of the so called "DP bashers". It's a vicious circle. "The lovers" want to point out every little good thing and "the bashers" want to annull those statements. It'll never end.

I must say that sometimes, Dan, you're a little bit blinded. No offense. When he performs well he should be credited. In the Milan game he played well and was a decisive player and according to several Italian newspapers, a man of the match. Does he deserve special praise? Yes. I know you're a bit hesitant to give that since there has been a lot of "unnecessary praise" after just ok games.

Uhh, my text is getting more and more incoherent and sloppier. Maybe I should stop drinking. :D Nah, I just stop being here at the forums and start having a good time.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Well, considering i stared supporting Juventus if i have to be honest in the 2002/2001 season...

Please, be happy all you want. I just think you are all fanatics. Like you Azzuri7, when Trezugeut scored the goal, you posted:

Ignore the childish **** yall, but even members such as Gino Geniso (who you have sunk lower then on Dan's Rabble list) credited THE SCORER of the goal.

The 'bashers' as you like to call them have just reason to bash, whilst one game does not make up for woe, and pathetic play from the Captain of Juventus.

And the day i care about people's happiness on an internet forum is the day I will slit my wrists. And i dont know my history? Im not the one who rates Ancelotti higher then Capello, which most Milanistas and other football fans round the world would disagree with without second thought. So I offer this advice to you Azzuri7- Take care not to spit against the wind.

People like you are superfluous. (yes go look in the dictionary)
Thats my way of celebrating, you like it or not thats your problem.

I'll keep on calling you basher, because you bash and criticize more than the Media, you just like to talk alot, am not against it, because talking is for Free, but my Problem is that you shoud STOP showing or infact TRYING to convince People here, how bad Del Piero is.

History has nothing to do with Capello Ancelotti thing :rofl:, Read my posts again and you'll see what was my point...

I'll take your offer into consideration, But becarefull not to sink with you dummy ideas,

Adios Amigo!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Hmm, sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on. Although I understand Dan's point of view since he's just trying to be a wise , critical follower of football. Sometimes he's maybe a little bit more cynical than most people are used to and that causes the sometimes "hostile reactions".
Word.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Excessively? All should be praised as you said, but since you're equitable let's look at this: if Juve plays bad or loses who is the most criticized player? If his fans revel at his accomplishment (and overdo it sometimes) I say let them it's only "fair" ;)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Yep, well I expressed myself badly there. I didn't mean he was the key reason for the victories.

What does DP have and Zala hasn't? He has charisma, a great past and flair that intrigues people. Sure, DP is not one of the best players in the world due to his inconsistency and therefore all the publicity he gets may seem to someone as stupid but that's just the way it is. He's a juve icon and no force an earth will change that. Is it right that he gets so much praise in the expense of someone like Zala? I don't know, that's life.

I agree with you when you say that when DP performs as well as some of Juve's other players, some are eager to point that fact out. However it's not all who do that and those who do, do it because of the so called "DP bashers". It's a vicious circle. "The lovers" want to point out every little good thing and "the bashers" want to annull those statements. It'll never end.

I must say that sometimes, Dan, you're a little bit blinded. No offense. When he performs well he should be credited. In the Milan game he played well and was a decisive player and according to several Italian newspapers, a man of the match. Does he deserve special praise? Yes. I know you're a bit hesitant to give that since there has been a lot of "unnecessary praise" after just ok games.

Uhh, my text is getting more and more incoherent and sloppier. Maybe I should stop drinking. :D Nah, I just stop being here at the forums and start having a good time.
Yes, DP has the image Zala sadly does not have. Kinda reminds me of the italian beckham.

The vicious circle theroy could be true, and i do not agree when you say im blind. I backed DP 100% after the fantastic mentality he showed against Roma, and he did play a good game this time round. He does not deserve all that much praise, at least no more then Zambrotta should receive who had an equally adept match.

Yeah, go on leave the forum then ya drunk log :D have a good evening, and thanks for debating in a very civilised way.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

61 goals? For a forward at a squad like Juventus? How many of them were penalty kicks? If we be modest and deduct at least twenty, thats about 9 goals a season which frankly STINKS. Led us to 2 scudetti? im sorry, i thought football was a game of 11 men. He may of had a hand in it, but he had 10 other people carrying him along the way.

However, having said this i think Del Piero is a defenate asset to the club. He is a Juventus Idol, and surely Moggi knows this and Del Piero will continue to sell many shirts so he does earn his wage in the marketing department. Though for a captain he is making a damn lot for what he contributes, and his wage bill is hardly an example to the rest of the team who are consistently taking wage cuts.
Now here I WANT ALL OF YOU TO TAKE A LOOK,

Del Piero has scored over 65goals since 01-02 and Mr. Dan is asking how many of them From Penalties:wallbang:..what a CLASS question....
FFS I thought Penalty is a part of Football, and Scoring a Penalty is easy eh??

Shall I name you the World-Class Players whom lost alot of Penalties and till now they regret it, ( Baggio,Raul,Zidane,Maradona,Ronaldo,Totti, etc )
FFS say 1 thing that has one Sense, Just one, you can do it!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Thats my way of celebrating, you like it or not thats your problem.

I'll keep on calling you basher, because you bash and criticize more than the Media, you just like to talk alot, am not against it, because talking is for Free, but my Problem is that you shoud STOP showing or infact TRYING to convince People here, how bad Del Piero is.

History has nothing to do with Capello Ancelotti thing :rofl:, Read my posts again and you'll see what was my point...

I'll take your offer into consideration, But becarefull not to sink with you dummy ideas,

Adios Amigo!
Typical Azzuri7.

1) You ignored almost all the points i made in the post, not responding to them has led me to believe that you have no arguement for them, therefore im right.
2) you started to attack me instead of the arguement, I cant believe that you are so insecure of yourself that one person who doesnt even know you exist is attacked in an arugement and you take offence so badly to it you have to bring others down. WEAK! But hey, now when in Rome...

And of course it does. Any football fan will tell you that Cap is better then ancelotti, but you dont like him because he substitutes your Idol.

And what was my idea? Please explain.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Typical Azzuri7.

1) You ignored almost all the points i made in the post, not responding to them has led me to believe that you have no arguement for them, therefore im right.
2) you started to attack me instead of the arguement, I cant believe that you are so insecure of yourself that one person who doesnt even know you exist is attacked in an arugement and you take offence so badly to it you have to bring others down. WEAK! But hey, now when in Rome...

And of course it does. Any football fan will tell you that Cap is better then ancelotti, but you dont like him because he substitutes your Idol.

And what was my idea? Please explain.
1) what Points you made ?
2) I didn't attack you, But seriously, it has no sense when you say how many times did Dp score from the PK, I really thought your smarter.
3) Well I know Football fans more than you do know Dan believe me, I asked you to look back to my posts, I didn't say what you just explained, I said Ancelotti's tactics are better than Capello's, because Ancelotti is playing the Modern Football...

Anyhow I really don't wanna make argues here, we can make debates anytime you want but I don't wanna fight here, at-last we are all Juve fans:)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Now here I WANT ALL OF YOU TO TAKE A LOOK,

Del Piero has scored over 65goals since 01-02 and Mr. Dan is asking how many of them From Penalties:wallbang:..what a CLASS question....
FFS I thought Penalty is a part of Football, and Scoring a Penalty is easy eh??

Shall I name you the World-Class Players whom lost alot of Penalties and till now they regret it, ( Baggio,Raul,Zidane,Maradona,Ronaldo,Totti, etc )
FFS say 1 thing that has one Sense, Just one, you can do it!
Penaltys are basic goals. The likelyhood a goalkeeper saves a penalty is something ridicolous like 10 to one.

Yes, these world class players have missed penaltys as has DP. Where is that an arguement?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

1) what Points you made ?
2) I didn't attack you, But seriously, it has no sense when you say how many times did Dp score from the PK, I really thought your smarter.
3) Well I know Football fans more than you do know Dan believe me, I asked you to look back to my posts, I didn't say what you just explained, I said Ancelotti's tactics are better than Capello's, because Ancelotti is playing the Modern Football...

Anyhow I really don't wanna make argues here, we can make debates anytime you want but I don't wanna fight here, at-last we are all Juve fans:)
The bashers comment, and your strange celebration. It seems you are more in love with Del Piero then you are Juventus, which is a very strange (not to mention terrible) concept.

Im through with argueing too, since your opinion will not change and my will not either.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Penaltys are basic goals. The likelyhood a goalkeeper saves a penalty is something ridicolous like 10 to one.

Yes, these world class players have missed penaltys as has DP. Where is that an arguement?
Have you ever took a shot infront of thousands of ppl, and millions of ppl depending on it?? and IF you loose it, all the blame will cover your head.

Anyhow am off now i have to go somewhere, Take care

Peace out:)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Lippi fa i complimenti a Del Piero: "E' un grande campione"
Mar 10 Mag, 3:00 PM

Marcello Lippi fa i complimenti a Del Piero riconoscendo al capitano della Juve il merito di aver gestito al meglio gli alti e bassi della sua stagione. "Del Piero e' sempre stato cosi' - ha detto il ct dell'Italia intervistato dal Tg1 - nei momenti importanti ha sempre saputo tirar fuori il meglio di se'. La calma quando veniva sostituito? Un grandissimo campione si comporta cosi'".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)