Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (49 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

You are wrong here, Zlatan has been very good this season and DP has been good as well, and very much helpful but his ony problem is inconsistency as well as being given so much credit for things he has done YEARS ago.
True. But IMO Capello didn't use Del Piero enough. DP shouldn't start every game, but it would be nice if Fabio let him play for 90 minutes once in a while.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

True. But IMO Capello didn't use Del Piero enough. DP shouldn't start every game, but it would be nice if Fabio let him play for 90 minutes once in a while.
You may be right, but it is obvious that Capello is not DP's biggest fan as well as he is not giving him the opportunity due to his inconsistency.

Aug 1, 2003
The fact that Capello starts him for consecutive matches alone is already giving chances to Del Piero ... He wouldnt be substituted if he was actually contributing something to the game but he wasnt.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

You may be right, but it is obvious that Capello is not DP's biggest fan as well as he is not giving him the opportunity due to his inconsistency.
Capello indeed isn't Ale's biggest fan, but I have my questions about that attitude. Just look at Montella. Not that Del Piero has been great this season though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Montello maybe overrated, consider it a successful season for him scoring these goals. I will not jusdge him on one season only.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Seven, I'm giving my opinion that DP has been poor this season, I'm not going looking for statistics to prove my own opinion.

If I could be bothered then I probably could find some stats, and put them into a context which would prove my point - but I'm too lazy.

I honestly believe DP has generally been very poor this season, he has had the odd good game, but he has tended to be 'invisible' when we have needed him.

Maybe I am being too harsh, but he has had enough chances in my eyes, and failed to deliver too many times.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Montello is overrated, consider it a successful season for him scoring these goals. I will not jusdge him on one season only.
Perhaps, but it is a fact that he isn't that bad as Capello made him look like.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Seven, I'm giving my opinion that DP has been poor this season, I'm not going looking for statistics to prove my own opinion.

If I could be bothered then I probably could find some stats, and put them into a context which would prove my point - but I'm too lazy.

I honestly believe DP has generally been very poor this season, he has had the odd good game, but he has tended to be 'invisible' when we have needed him.

Maybe I am being too harsh, but he has had enough chances in my eyes, and failed to deliver too many times.
But when you look at the statistics, you would see that Del Piero has been our most influential player this season. So yes, he did choke against the big teams once again, but we wouldn't have been on top without him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven you are exaggerating now, he was far from being our most influencial player this season. And please don't tell me that you meant it otherwise.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Statistics can be used to prove whatever point you want to make if you look hard enough or put a different slant on them, so they aren't the be all and end all.

Maybe the stats say DP is our most influential person, but having watched the majority of the games, the stats obviously do not tell the whole story.

Having Watched the performances of DP - I find it incredible that people honestly think he has been our most influential player.

But fair enough, you think the stats shows the complete picture, I think the stats completely misrepresent his season. Each to his own. Let's agree to disagree eh?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven you are exaggerating now, he was far from being our most influencial player this season. And please don't tell me that you meant it otherwise.
Statistically speaking he was. I was talking about our goals. If you're talking about how Juventus plays, DP definitely was NOT our most influential player. He just brought the most points home, goalwise.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
The fact that Capello starts him for consecutive matches alone is already giving chances to Del Piero ... He wouldnt be substituted if he was actually contributing something to the game but he wasnt.
Chances?? Subs Dp almost every game when it's min 64?? when you have 25min more to play...am not against Benchin Del Piero, but not the way Capello is doing it.

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
A player like Del Piero, you can't just judge on how many goals he scores. He contributes with much more then just goals. He is the captain, and I don't know any other player, who gets that amount of on-pitch time, or who has more experiance playing for Juventus.

He has gone through more difficult periodes in his career then most players, and still he manages to score only three less goals then a player like Adriano.

Besides Capello never liked short players like Del Piero or Montella.

(Sorry if I'm repeating somone, but these threads are getting kindda long to look through. If I am then just ignore this post.)

I think the bottom line concering Del Piero, is that he is just not capable of doing the things he could before his injury in 98 anymore. I heard Bangsbo say in an Interview, that him and Lippi tried to "reschool" him, by releaving him of some defensive duties. This is why I think some people find him as being invisible in some games. But most of the time, when he has the ball, he's actually not that bad.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dhaliwich ] ++
A player like Del Piero, you can't just judge on how many goals he scores. He contributes with much more then just goals. He is the captain, and I don't know any other player, who gets that amount of on-pitch time, or who has more experiance playing for Juventus.

He has gone through more difficult periodes in his career then most players, and still he manages to score only three less goals then a player like Adriano.

Besides Capello never liked short players like Del Piero or Montella.

(Sorry if I'm repeating somone, but these threads are getting kindda long to look through. If I am then just ignore this post.)

I think the bottom line concering Del Piero, is that he is just not capable of doing the things he could before his injury in 98 anymore. I heard Bangsbo say in an Interview, that him and Lippi tried to "reschool" him, by releaving him of some defensive duties. This is why I think some people find him as being invisible in some games. But most of the time, when he has the ball, he's actually not that bad.
one of the best posts i ever read on this site:D:thumb:..bravo my friend totally agree on this:D..people don't see the importance and expirience of Del Piero at the club:down:

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
do you know whats going on in the dressing room?? do you know what influence he has sidelined even more than the coach? do you know who Del Piero is? probarly not:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 45)

• Ali