Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (43 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Non of them were in a match studio during and post game with the professional task of commenting on the proceedings as it happened (they showed their solidarity with well chosen words in social media). Del Piero was, and he gave his first his first and honest impression as it happened.

I agree the ref was bs with the call but Buffon went over the rails, not for the red card, raw human reaction we should all get, and he deserved his punishment for it, went over the line. But the words he said is what uncharacteristic for him. 20 years of mainly being model class professional, and now he calls a ref fairly heinous names, pretty sure that's the only thing Del Piero is refering to when he says Gigi will reconsider or regret these heated words couple days later. Even if quite poor timing by Ale with all the amped up emotions after a game you lost worst possible way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
In hindsight I think Ale was very unlucky with his choice of words. It made it look like he was very disloyal to Buffon and I'm sure that was not the intention.

Pirlo had the best reaction, but he also had time to think about it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
You can see who are fans of team and who are fans of player here.

DP should not have said anything.

I cant remember a single France player say something against Zidane after 2006 World Cup.

Its not like Buffon murdered or injured someone here. He could have gone to Vazguez and bunch him or smth. Then u get the red.
You associating your point of view as being the one of the club is complete garbage

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You associating your point of view as being the one of the club is complete garbage
Yep.

The tribalism hits hard in this turmoil.

If, by any chance, you happen to have a different opinion or view on the matter. You are illoyal, fake fan and so on.

Liek we all should get in line liek lemmings and follow the stupidity.

Aug 2, 2005
People are being ridiculous here. The penalty was a 50-50 call, meaning normally ~half of the refs would call that a pen. I know I wouldn't have complained about it if it had happened in the middle of the game. It was stupid to call that in the last few seconds but I don't think the ref would have changed his call even if he could have used VAR. Also, sure Ronaldo never got a yellow for the same antics that got Dybala sent off, but two different refs officiated those games so bringing that up (or Quad's penalty when Isco's almost legit goal got disallowed) is silly. All in all, we were excellent and super unlucky. What Buffon said was wrong and childish, and what some fans do in stalking Oliver and his wife's social media accounts is sad.

Btw, If I could choose how I'd like Juve to get eliminated after what happened in the first leg, I'd always choose what happened last night in its entirety. It was the perfect elimination.
I am all against it to stalk people private life.. but now that happened, UEFA will understand it is time to introduce VAR or maybe more than Stalking could happen to Refs.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I am all against it to stalk people private life.. but now that happened, UEFA will understand it is time to introduce VAR or maybe more than Stalking could happen to Refs.
Rubbish. Just rubbish. Besides VAR wouldn't have changed anything.

The "shouldn't go after the refs personally, but" whataboutery is disgusting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rubbish. Just rubbish. Besides VAR wouldn't have changed anything.

The "shouldn't go after the refs personally, but" whataboutery is disgusting.

I disagree completely. Maybe Oliver would have reached the same decision. But the reaction of the players would have been completely different. If a ref gets a minute or so to regroup and watch the incident again and still decides it's a penalty, fair enough. You just have to accept that decision. But I bet almost all Juve players felt as if the stadium made that call, rather than Oliver.

My main reason for using VAR is this btw. I think it protects the ref.

Finally, going after refs personally will always be unacceptable. No matter what.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I disagree completely. Maybe Oliver would have reached the same decision. But the reaction of the players would have been completely different. If a ref gets a minute or so to regroup and watch the incident again and still decides it's a penalty, fair enough. You just have to accept that decision. But I bet almost all Juve players felt as if the stadium made that call, rather than Oliver.

My main reason for using VAR is this btw. I think it protects the ref.

Finally, going after refs personally will always be unacceptable. No matter what.
I get your point, and I gree to the extend it might have prevented the maniac tantrum of Buffon, if he knew VAR could look it over.

But we still see people bitching and moaning over the penalty calling it robbery despite them seeing it on tele and in slow, these numbnuts will still react out of order with VAR.

What I disliek about this debacle; it has prevented a nuanced and intelligent discussion of Real-favouritism (1st game :howler: altho unconscious often) and instead we're talking about a fair penalty and a fair red card often drawing in other games and refs, when we should be discussing how Real seemingly gets away with more than their opponents: no doubt Ronaldo, current status and Bernabeu affects the refs.

And we should be discussing why the fuck on earth a 33 year old ref* gets Real - Juve.

*I don't think Oliver had a bad game in general; he could easily have given Ronaldo a penalty in the 1st half, but didn't despite the pressure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I get your point, and I gree to the extend it might have prevented the maniac tantrum of Buffon, if he knew VAR could look it over.

But we still see people bitching and moaning over the penalty calling it robbery despite them seeing it on tele and in slow, these numbnuts will still react out of order with VAR.

What I disliek about this debacle; it has prevented a nuanced and intelligent discussion of Real-favouritism (1st game :howler: altho unconscious often) and instead we're talking about a fair penalty and a fair red card often drawing in other games and refs, when we should be discussing how Real seemingly gets away with more than their opponents: no doubt Ronaldo, current status and Bernabeu affects the refs.

And we should be discussing why the fuck on earth a 33 year old ref* gets Real - Juve.

*I don't think Oliver had a bad game in general; he could easily have given Ronaldo a penalty in the 1st half, but didn't despite the pressure.

That is a very good point. I've found myself making the same point over and over again to my friends: it really isn't about the penalty.

You can never completely prevent people bitching over penalty decisions, but I think it would still take away a lot of anger on the pitch. Also, calls that are blatantly wrong can be corrected. I remember Jordi Alba tripping over himself and getting a penalty a few seasons ago. This was in La Liga, but imagine getting a penalty for something similar in a CL semi final. You just have to provide the ref with the option to correct such an obviously wrong decision.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He was clearly thinking of his future there.

What future? Where and with whom?

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;5716079 said:
The words Buffon used were uncharacteristic, but he's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Emotions got the better of him, understandably. So I agree with Ale in the sense that he should have chosen his words more carefully, befitting of a legend who's adored by millions around the world.
That said, bringing the first leg up is necessary, even if the refs are different. When over two legs most of the 50-50 calls goes to one of the teams, it's important to bring it up. Actually the more we cry about it, the better. So the next time we are in the same situation there will be a shadow of doubt in the ref's mind. And sometime's that enough. The way Agnelli put it or how Chiellini brought up Bayern, is in my opinion, a really good strategic ploy. We are basically shaming referees into swaying their 50-50 decisions against the big Spanish two. It's all a big power play, and it's time we started playing it.
(Side note: English refs are a lot more strict about diving from what I've gathered watching EPL games. Ronaldo didn't get a yellow because he was Ronaldo. Oliver himself has given yellows for similar instances)
Totally agree on everything you said. perfect said.

- - - Updated - - -

Non of them were in a match studio during and post game with the professional task of commenting on the proceedings as it happened (they showed their solidarity with well chosen words in social media). Del Piero was, and he gave his first his first and honest impression as it happened.

I agree the ref was bs with the call but Buffon went over the rails, not for the red card, raw human reaction we should all get, and he deserved his punishment for it, went over the line. But the words he said is what uncharacteristic for him. 20 years of mainly being model class professional, and now he calls a ref fairly heinous names, pretty sure that's the only thing Del Piero is refering to when he says Gigi will reconsider or regret these heated words couple days later. Even if quite poor timing by Ale with all the amped up emotions after a game you lost worst possible way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If anything Del Piero was defending Buffon there and everyone knows Ale's intention but lets just say and agree that the title press and media used specially after that boiling final whistle got into our nerves and perhaps and for the first time ever Ale didn't express himself well.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You can see who are fans of team and who are fans of player here.

DP should not have said anything.

I cant remember a single France player say something against Zidane after 2006 World Cup.

Its not like Buffon murdered or injured someone here. He could have gone to Vazguez and bunch him or smth. Then u get the red.
How you managed to pile so much bs in a single post is beyond me.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:lol2:

Del Piero should have kept quiet, though.
Maybe, though I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I cringed when I read Buffon's comments after the game even though I was extremely emotional and frustrated at that moment myself. Oliver's mistake would in NO way justify what Gigi said. Alex was asked about the comments on the spot and he said exactly what I thought. I couldn't understand why Buffon made those remarks either.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Guess who said the following:

Gli uomini vincenti trovano sempre una strada, i perdenti una scusa.

...non dare dare adito a scusanti o alibi come farebbero i mediocri

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Same person who said:

鷹山は高鍋藩主秋月種美(たねみつ)の二男として江戸屋敷に生まれました

?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Correct

- - - Updated - - -

Same person who said:

鷹山は高鍋藩主秋月種美(たねみつ)の二男として江戸屋敷に生まれました

?
See Cerval’s response

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Heat of the moment. Frustrated after a devastating CL loss. Context and perspective is important here.

He wasn't looking for excuses, just expressing his anger at the double standards and favoritism.

Don't be such a Muppet :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe, though I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I cringed when I read Buffon's comments after the game even though I was extremely emotional and frustrated at that moment myself. Oliver's mistake would in NO way justify what Gigi said. Alex was asked about the comments on the spot and he said exactly what I thought. I couldn't understand why Buffon made those remarks either.
The problem with Buffon's words is that they dehumanize Oliver. That's never acceptable.

I am certain Oliver was not up to the pressure. I am certain he favoured Real Madrid. I am certain he was not the right man for the job.

But he's still a human being and with the whole football world already coming down on him those comments go straight to the bone.

There's only one exception I'd make for comments as harsh as the ones Buffon made and that's for refs like Moreno, whose intent was obvious from the get go. No such intent on Oliver's part imo.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Piero: 'I'm not against Buffon'

Alessandro Del Piero hit out at Juventus fans who claimed he was “going against Gigi Buffon or even happy that Juve were eliminated.”

The club legend is now a television pundit following his retirement and commented on Wednesday’s 3-1 win away to Real Madrid, which saw the Bianconeri eliminated by a last-gasp penalty.

Buffon was sent off for dissent due to that decision and vented his fury at referee Michael Oliver, but Del Piero said he didn’t understand the criticism and this earned him abuse on social media.
“I respect all opinions of what I have heard and above all read over the last few days,” wrote Del Piero on his Twitter account this evening.

“But those who insinuated – maybe by only reporting part of what I said – that I am going against Gigi, in bad faith or even happy that Juve were eliminated, is hurting me.

“Such people aren’t worthy of attention. What is going on here?”

Relax everybody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)