Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (50 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
People are being ridiculous here. The penalty was a 50-50 call, meaning normally ~half of the refs would call that a pen. I know I wouldn't have complained about it if it had happened in the middle of the game. It was stupid to call that in the last few seconds but I don't think the ref would have changed his call even if he could have used VAR. Also, sure Ronaldo never got a yellow for the same antics that got Dybala sent off, but two different refs officiated those games so bringing that up (or Quad's penalty when Isco's almost legit goal got disallowed) is silly. All in all, we were excellent and super unlucky. What Buffon said was wrong and childish, and what some fans do in stalking Oliver and his wife's social media accounts is sad.

Btw, If I could choose how I'd like Juve to get eliminated after what happened in the first leg, I'd always choose what happened last night in its entirety. It was the perfect elimination.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Proud of italy?

Call me sentimental, but i expexted more than him Praising Roma and us in the same sentence.
Ale did talk alot of goodstuff of us..
Even on tv, newspaper, and instagram.
He's playing a good police role, i doesn't like it, but we might need it afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
People are being ridiculous here. The penalty was a 50-50 call, meaning normally ~half of the refs would call that a pen. I know I wouldn't have complained about it if it had happened in the middle of the game. It was stupid to call that in the last few seconds but I don't think the ref would have changed his call even if he could have used VAR. Also, sure Ronaldo never got a yellow for the same antics that got Dybala sent off, but two different refs officiated those games so bringing that up (or Quad's penalty when Isco's almost legit goal got disallowed) is silly. All in all, we were excellent and super unlucky. What Buffon said was wrong and childish, and what some fans do in stalking Oliver and his wife's social media accounts is sad.

Btw, If I could choose how I'd like Juve to get eliminated after what happened in the first leg, I'd always choose what happened last night in its entirety. It was the perfect elimination.
The words Buffon used were uncharacteristic, but he's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Emotions got the better of him, understandably. So I agree with Ale in the sense that he should have chosen his words more carefully, befitting of a legend who's adored by millions around the world.
That said, bringing the first leg up is necessary, even if the refs are different. When over two legs most of the 50-50 calls goes to one of the teams, it's important to bring it up. Actually the more we cry about it, the better. So the next time we are in the same situation there will be a shadow of doubt in the ref's mind. And sometime's that enough. The way Agnelli put it or how Chiellini brought up Bayern, is in my opinion, a really good strategic ploy. We are basically shaming referees into swaying their 50-50 decisions against the big Spanish two. It's all a big power play, and it's time we started playing it.
(Side note: English refs are a lot more strict about diving from what I've gathered watching EPL games. Ronaldo didn't get a yellow because he was Ronaldo. Oliver himself has given yellows for similar instances)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
You can see who are fans of team and who are fans of player here.

DP should not have said anything.

I cant remember a single France player say something against Zidane after 2006 World Cup.

Its not like Buffon murdered or injured someone here. He could have gone to Vazguez and bunch him or smth. Then u get the red.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
icemaη;5716079 said:
The words Buffon used were uncharacteristic, but he's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Emotions got the better of him, understandably. So I agree with Ale in the sense that he should have chosen his words more carefully, befitting of a legend who's adored by millions around the world.
That said, bringing the first leg up is necessary, even if the refs are different. When over two legs most of the 50-50 calls goes to one of the teams, it's important to bring it up. Actually the more we cry about it, the better. So the next time we are in the same situation there will be a shadow of doubt in the ref's mind. And sometime's that enough. The way Agnelli put it or how Chiellini brought up Bayern, is in my opinion, a really good strategic ploy. We are basically shaming referees into swaying their 50-50 decisions against the big Spanish two. It's all a big power play, and it's time we started playing it.
(Side note: English refs are a lot more strict about diving from what I've gathered watching EPL games. Ronaldo didn't get a yellow because he was Ronaldo. Oliver himself has given yellows for similar instances)
I agree on all of it, it is extremely important to show just how much ref decisions go Madrids way.

I just can't fathom how Ronaldo is big enough a legend to get a favorable treatment in a random game for him, while Buffon, the GOAT goalkeeper, gets treated like shit in his last CL game. Oliver is indeed animal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

But they don't give that 50/50 penalty to us. And Oliver didn't book Ronaldo for his incessant diving.

Of course fans shouldn't stalk Oliver. And Oliver is just a poor ref. That doesn't mean he's an awful human being. He is simply someone who was placed in extremely difficult circumstances and probably chose the easy way out.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But they don't give that 50/50 penalty to us. And Oliver didn't book Ronaldo for his incessant diving.

Of course fans shouldn't stalk Oliver. And Oliver is just a poor ref. That doesn't mean he's an awful human being. He is simply someone who was placed in extremely difficult circumstances and probably chose the easy way out.
I don't know, I am not excluding the option of him also being knowingly dishonest.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

But he is such a retard that he didn't even realize that it was the hard way out. His career, perhaps even life is ruined.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
rightfully so since alves/bonucci would have different intentions behind the same statement

you can guarantee ADP is benevolent towards Juventus and the others are not

that's like blacks being allowed to use the N word
:tup: even after bod kicked him out. He still loves his lady.. I don't recall any negative interview from him.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Evra, Vidal and Taconi gave support. Either by compliment our effort or stand by Buffon.

Alex did the opposite
Non of them were in a match studio during and post game with the professional task of commenting on the proceedings as it happened (they showed their solidarity with well chosen words in social media). Del Piero was, and he gave his first his first and honest impression as it happened.

I agree the ref was bs with the call but Buffon went over the rails, not for the red card, raw human reaction we should all get, and he deserved his punishment for it, went over the line. But the words he said is what uncharacteristic for him. 20 years of mainly being model class professional, and now he calls a ref fairly heinous names, pretty sure that's the only thing Del Piero is refering to when he says Gigi will reconsider or regret these heated words couple days later. Even if quite poor timing by Ale with all the amped up emotions after a game you lost worst possible way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Non of them were in a match studio during and post game with the professional task of commenting on the proceedings as it happened
that's the only redeeming factor for Ale here. because as a former teammate, fellow Juve captain and above all friend he should've been 100% behind Buffon's back in a situation as bad as that one and I was very disappointed he chose to criticize Gigi's choice of words instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)