Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (48 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1173077/Farina-declares-Del-Piero-is-no-diver

FFF (Forza Frank Farina :D )

- - - Updated - - -

One of the best vids ever

EDIT:
Ale thanked Marchisio and Di Vaio on his twitter for their twitts. Here's Di Vaio's:

Ho avuto la fortuna nella mia vita di aver giocato con grandi campioni..Tu sei stato un esempio anche come uomo!!! Auguri @Delpieroale !!!

Translation: I was lucky to play with great champions...but you were also an example as a man. Congragulations!!!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Im so annoyed that this many people are retarded.
hurr durr bogan fair play hurr durr i say soccer hurr durr only watch local a league i know everything about football hurr durr

- - - Updated - - -

it's good TWG are really getting behind him

- - - Updated - - -

great comment below that article

I've said it before and others have as well, but all these pointless arguments only reflect the as yet 'not so mature' footballing culture evident here. In Europe we wouldn't even be discussing this. Instead we'd be saying what a great player he is and what an immense privilege it is to even have him here. But no. This is Australia, land of the tall poppy cutters and fancy football haters. Unless it's the all guts and aggression model, many here see it as woosie or worse...and players like Del Piero as cheaters and divers and crooks and primadonnas...I'd love to hear what the late great Johnny Warren would say about all this. He'd first of all be embarrassed. Secondly, he'd explain, how Fozz/ Les and others have done, how ADP extracts free kicks from naïve defenders and is a genius. The sad thing is, a culture is hard to change, if not impossible...and here in Australia it has always been about the physical, the effort, the toughness etc etc....not anything to do with the skillful or the fancy...so if that is seen in a sport, certain elements here frown upon it, or, as Johnny Warren would say, it's the 'Sheila wogs poofter' attitude.
- - - Updated - - -

99% of the people against him wouldn't know culture, class or taste if it smacked them in the face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)