Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (35 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Del Piero was the one who took the captain arm band from Conte back in the days. I remember it not being a big deal back then since Conte was not playing regularly anyway.

But, in football, it's clear great coaches usually want to be in full control of the squad. Del Piero is so huge among us fans and the rest of his teammates that Conte will never be in that position no matter what. Andrea Agnelli being the one deciding not to give Del Piero a new contract is just highly unrealistic. Unfortunately, it was all about Conte IMO and that is football. It's happens all the time with successful managers. Just think of Lippi/Baggio, Capello/ADP, Ferguson/Beckham, Mourinho/Raul, Pep/Ronaldinho etc...

My theory could be wrong, but it makes more sense than Agnelli wanting ADP out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But we can all agree that the way he left was disgracefull. Anyways after the way Trez left i didn't expect anything better tbh.
I don't agree. He left with a title & had an absolutely brilliant farewell game. What more could they have done?

The way Trez left was an utter disgrace though. Something that still doesn't sit well with me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, I'm pretty sure Conte had no use for Del Piero anymore. And realising that, if he's at the club, you can't keep him on the bench all the time (especially not when results aren going your way) it was best for all parties involved to part ways.
Oh I think he had but wasn't relying on him for some uknown reasons.

The supposed rift between Agnelli & DP is based on nothing, if you ask me. But the media obviously did their best to make the most out of it. Something they still try now from time to time, but it's not really sticking anymore with most fans. Would have been a different situation if we'd been in 5th position & out of CL by the winter break.
Looks like you haven't read much of Del Piero's interviews and statements in the last 8months +.

Sure no one can tell the real reasoning nor I'm confirming anything, but looking at how things went before last year season's finished and how his contract was handled and reading Del Piero's interviews then I can confidently say there was something personal between him and Andrea Agnelli and I'm positive, IMO of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree. He left with a title & had an absolutely brilliant farewell game. What more could they have done?
Let him decide when to leave. You don't push Alessandro Del Piero out like this after 19years. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero was the one who took the captain arm band from Conte back in the days. I remember it not being a big deal back then since Conte was not playing regularly anyway.

But, in football, it's clear great coaches usually want to be in full control of the squad. Del Piero is so huge among us fans and the rest of his teammates that Conte will never be in that position no matter what. Andrea Agnelli being the one deciding not to give Del Piero a new contract is just highly unrealistic. Unfortunately, it was all about Conte IMO and that is football. It's happens all the time with successful managers. Just think of Lippi/Baggio, Capello/ADP, Ferguson/Beckham, Mourinho/Raul, Pep/Ronaldinho etc...

My theory could be wrong, but it makes more sense than Agnelli wanting ADP out.
I agree it happens with most successful managers except that Del Piero is no Baggio for Juve or Ronaldinho for Barca or Beckham for United etc.. Raul's case is pretty close but still not the same. Del Piero for Juve was big thing, a real big thing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Looks like you haven't read much of Del Piero's interviews and statements in the last 8months +.

Sure no one can tell the real reasoning nor I'm confirming anything, but looking at how things went before last year season's finished and how his contract was handled and reading Del Piero's interviews then I can confidently say there was something personal between him and Andrea Agnelli and I'm positive, IMO of course.
Depends on one's interpretation, I guess. What I understand from everything that was said, is that Ale didn't really want to leave, but that the club wanted to move on without him. For me, that doesn't necessarily mean it was one person's fault, be that Agnelli, Conte, Marotta or whoever.

Let him decide when to leave. You don't push Alessandro Del Piero out like this after 19years. Simple.
This I agree with, of course.

Nov 17, 2012
The departures of those two were disgraceful. Nedved's and Del Piero's were fitting. Especially Ale leaving with the title.
Considering what happened with Krasic we may as well have just stuck with Camo and have him and ADP leave at the same time.. In fact, I'd say the same for Trezgol; would've been better to have sold Iaquinta and Amauri back then for a sum and just let Trez run out his days here. Trez, ADP, Quag + Matri would have been a pretty handy attacking force!!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
we gotta admit, DP's farewell game overshadowed anyone's ever... I mean the frickin game stopped... the TV was not showing the game anymore... never seen that before. Also he lifted a trophy in the end... perfect farewell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)