Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (60 Viewers)

Beko

Mar 17, 2010
i read an addition to his specch about Pogba in one of the biggest arabian forums supporting Juve ,,
he said

"I hope to remain as they tell me about him , he a great talent and will be able to prove himself as he does now, and this is proof that if a player good so he can play even in a very young age "

Nov 17, 2012
Juventino[RUS];4104142 said:
Ye and i wonder what kind of problems Conte had with DP...
I dunno, it is one of those rare occasions where I find myself sitting on the fence. There is compelling evidence and reasons to suggest that he either did have problems, or didn't... What I was more worried about what his man-crush on Borriellol. The thing is I think Ale's confidence got scuppered after that announcement to shareholders by Agnelli, and it took him till that Roma game in the coppa to shake it off.. It isn't like he had a poor 10/11 either, ADP had some wonderful moments, such as his lovely goal against Lecce, his FK against Bari and that wonderful solo effort vs Brescia (especially when the team came crumbling down, injuries to Quag and Iaquinta, Aqua and Krasic's erosion of form); he was one of the few who stood tall when things got tough (along with Buffon/Storari, Chiello, Barz, Toni and Matri).. I would like to hear of this at some point in the future, as to what the hell really went on behind closed doors at Juve!

Nov 17, 2012
Why would you think that Agnelli wanted Ale out if Conte still wanted him in the team?
I have no idea, what I would've done to have been a fly on the wall to have heard such discussions though..
As far as I am concerned, with Ale being the considerate gentleman and consummate professional he is, we will likely never here it from him directly. Thus in saying that, all we can really do is speculate, though the tell tale signs are a bit too obvious to ignore imo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juventino[RUS];4104129 said:
Andrea Agnelli: “For a lot of people, Del Piero is still a Superhero. For me, Del Piero will always be the Superhero of Juventus. His role in this team? Superhero will always be a part of the team.”
:sergio:
Ohhhh, very poetic.

Why would you think that Agnelli wanted Ale out if Conte still wanted him in the team?
I think for Conte it's indifferent not sure though, but with Andrea Agnelli it's obviously something personal.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Or the exact opposite. Obviously.
Nah.

It was mentally hard for Conte to keep Del Piero on the bench but I don't think there's any coach who minds having a player that is capable of changing/deciding a match and score against the likes of Inter, Milan, Lazio, Roma. I'm pretty sure had Andrea Agnelli wanted him to stay Conte wouldn't object to that.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, I'm pretty sure Conte had no use for Del Piero anymore. And realising that, if he's at the club, you can't keep him on the bench all the time (especially not when results aren going your way) it was best for all parties involved to part ways.

The supposed rift between Agnelli & DP is based on nothing, if you ask me. But the media obviously did their best to make the most out of it. Something they still try now from time to time, but it's not really sticking anymore with most fans. Would have been a different situation if we'd been in 5th position & out of CL by the winter break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)