Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (62 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
God I miss him...It will never be the same without him. People dont realise how special he was...They really do not. He is once in history player, not once in a lifetime.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah, Del Piero was certainly one of the most technicaly gifted players of all time. The way he controls the ball is just magical.
The technique was not the thing... IMO in what Del Piero was really gifted was in his decition making when going on the offensive. He is one of the most intelligent and coldminded players i have seen.

He almost never wasted a move with something stupid. His decitions, his passes his vision, they were like just some levels above the varegae footballer of our day, and our current dudes are like retarded chickens in comparison to DP on his prime.

In fact, the only player i had the pleasure to see, who IMO was one step above del piero in that department... was Zidane, because the guy practically owned and dictated the tempo of the whole game and was able to see things no one could.

But those 2 were levels above everyone else in footie IQ.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
His technique is full of class and difficulty, but at the same time can be a very simple move, twist or turn. It's perfect, very difficult and simple at the same time.

I agree about his football IQ, one of the smartest if not THE smartest player I have ever seen play.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Too much simplicity and class in his moves huh?
All genius is simple :agree:

God, there's just no one like him... no representatives of Joga Intelligente left in Europe... maybe Iniesta?

- - - Updated - - -

The technique was not the thing... IMO in what Del Piero was really gifted was in his decition making when going on the offensive. He is one of the most intelligent and coldminded players i have seen.

He almost never wasted a move with something stupid. His decitions, his passes his vision, they were like just some levels above the varegae footballer of our day, and our current dudes are like retarded chickens in comparison to DP on his prime.

In fact, the only player i had the pleasure to see, who IMO was one step above del piero in that department... was Zidane, because the guy practically owned and dictated the tempo of the whole game and was able to see things no one could.

But those 2 were levels above everyone else in footie IQ.
That's the word. Also what made him the best set-piece master of all time perhaps.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero set to break a new record

Sydney FC marquee Alessandro Del Piero is geared up to add another record to his impressive list of achievements this weekend, when he lines up against Brisbane Roar at Allianz Stadium.

The Italian World Cup winner moved on to ten goals for the season when he scored in the opening minutes of last Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Newcastle at Hunter Stadium.

One more this Sunday will take him past former striker John Aloisi as the scorer of the most goals in a season for the Sky Blues.

“I hope to do that with a win,” said Del Piero after Friday’s training session. “I think if it happens it’s the best thing for me and for the team, yes it’s a good thing.”

The UEFA Champions League winner has won 91 caps for his country but admits his current situation is a new one.

“I’m involved with the team and a great challenge at the moment, it’s a very big game [against Brisbane] for us but every game is like a final and every point is very important for us.

“I think it will be a very hard game for us because they [Brisbane] play good and altogether, that’s why we have to use our fans, our passion and our heart for victory.”

The striker will be hoping to break the club record in front of a large crowd on Sunday afternoon and his coach is delighted with his performance, attitude and commitment this season.

“It will be a great milestone,” said Frank Farina. “He’s been sensational for the club both on the field and off the field this year and to have ten goals already I think he’s done extremely well.”

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone give me a couple quotes said by other players about Del Piero? I need it for a video. Thanks :)
You'll find plenty here :smile:

http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/35559-There-s-only-one-Captain?p=3679805&viewfull=1#post3679805

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)