Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (57 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
It's incredibly ridiculous how good he is shooting and finishing with his left foot.

Sydney play two important home games in the next two weeks, I expect Ale reaching 14 goals in two weeks.
Totally.

I hope Ale finishes as top scorer with 21 goals, just like in 2008... :touched: God, I loved that year

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, only 8 matches to go before post-season. Sydney are now level with Brisbane (21 points), placed 6th, the last position that leads to the playoffs. Melbourne Heart with 21 too, Wellington (20) and Perth (19) close the table but ridiculously close as well. The good news- Sydney will host CCM, Melbourne Victory and Adelaide, 3 of the first 4. The bad news- Maybe it's better playing the weak teams at home and collect points "for sure", then play them away in tricky matches while the home matches are very difficult as well.

Anyway, the most important thing is that Sydney will qualify to the playoffs. It's going to be too hard not watching Ale from March till October, so I hope they'll at least make it April-March by playing 2-3 more matches and maybe winning something.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone knows when Sydney will play with that white kit, designed by one of the fans? It should be in one of February's matches

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Daniel McBreen (Central Coast) 14 goals

Marco Rojas (Melbourne Victory) 11

Jeremy Brockie (Wellington Phoenix) 11

Alessandro Del Piero (SFC) 10
Thanks. I can see him scoring some in the next couple of matches. I think he can finish first.

Totally.

I hope Ale finishes as top scorer with 21 goals, just like in 2008... :touched: God, I loved that year

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, only 8 matches to go before post-season. Sydney are now level with Brisbane (21 points), placed 6th, the last position that leads to the playoffs. Melbourne Heart with 21 too, Wellington (20) and Perth (19) close the table but ridiculously close as well. The good news- Sydney will host CCM, Melbourne Victory and Adelaide, 3 of the first 4. The bad news- Maybe it's better playing the weak teams at home and collect points "for sure", then play them away in tricky matches while the home matches are very difficult as well.

Anyway, the most important thing is that Sydney will qualify to the playoffs. It's going to be too hard not watching Ale from March till October, so I hope they'll at least make it April-March by playing 2-3 more matches and maybe winning something.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone knows when Sydney will play with that white kit, designed by one of the fans? It should be in one of February's matches
Yeah, just checked the standings, Sydney will hopefully make the playoffs, how's the playoffs system works?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Instant elimination. It goes like this

3rd V 6th

4th V 5th

Semi Final 1 = Winner 3rd/6th V 1st place

Semi Final 2 = Winner 4th/5th V 2nd place

Then the winner of those two games meet in the grand final.

- - - Updated - - -

Craig Foster (former Australian International, current SBS commentator and analyst and wanker lol) on Del Piero

What can you say about a player who has attracted so many column inches and plaudits already except that, in a badly faltering team, he has been a pleasure to watch. It's difficult to describe how challenging it must be for ADP to walk straight from a career at the very highest level into a team that has been in chaos, with three different coaches so far and a different set of teammates every week. Throw in the immense pressure back in Italy to protect his extraordinary legacy and the weight of Sydney on his back, and you get the picture as to why this guy is such a champion. Even in the midst of dismal performances at times, Del Piero's touches and vision have been beautiful. His sheer competitiveness, professionalism and desire to win is a model for kids to follow, and his free-kick against the Jets will live long in the memory, as will his passing range with either foot. Though he is unable to display his full range under current circumstances, the fraction we've seen has been worth the price of admission every time.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/top-10-aleague-players-this-season-20130202-2drmm.html#ixzz2JnbaDso7

:touched:

Dec 31, 2008
Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
io di te non mi stanco,
sei la cosa più bella che c'èèèèèèè
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO ALEEEEE'
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OLEEEEEEE',
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO, ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO,
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OLEEEEEE'!!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Instant elimination. It goes like this

3rd V 6th

4th V 5th

Semi Final 1 = Winner 3rd/6th V 1st place

Semi Final 2 = Winner 4th/5th V 2nd place

Then the winner of those two games meet in the grand final.

- - - Updated - - -

Craig Foster (former Australian International, current SBS commentator and analyst and wanker lol) on Del Piero

What can you say about a player who has attracted so many column inches and plaudits already except that, in a badly faltering team, he has been a pleasure to watch. It's difficult to describe how challenging it must be for ADP to walk straight from a career at the very highest level into a team that has been in chaos, with three different coaches so far and a different set of teammates every week. Throw in the immense pressure back in Italy to protect his extraordinary legacy and the weight of Sydney on his back, and you get the picture as to why this guy is such a champion. Even in the midst of dismal performances at times, Del Piero's touches and vision have been beautiful. His sheer competitiveness, professionalism and desire to win is a model for kids to follow, and his free-kick against the Jets will live long in the memory, as will his passing range with either foot. Though he is unable to display his full range under current circumstances, the fraction we've seen has been worth the price of admission every time.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...this-season-20130202-2drmm.html#ixzz2JnbaDso7

:touched:
Very well said.

The plays offs will be definitely interesting for me if Sydney makes it. What a great achievement it would be if Ale takes them to the final.

Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
io di te non mi stanco,
sei la cosa più bella che c'èèèèèèè
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO ALEEEEE'
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OLEEEEEEE',
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO, ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO,
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OLEEEEEE'!!!!
Those chants...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can't wait for Sunday's match.

I have a feeling if Sydney make the playoffs and in-case they reach the final which will turn out to be a tremendous season for them Ale will leave.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I just thought about this, couple of days ago Rab :D

I don't see Ale with them for another season if they win the title, maybe if they'll reach the final too...
That would be a great move by/from him. Even if he doesn't win the title, but reaching the final should be enough for him to change destiny IMO and play one more season maybe somewhere in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

He is equal first at the moment with Marco Rojas for the "Alex Tobin award" - basically the MVP of the A-League.
I think he will win it. I believe the next 3 matches for him will make the difference.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I hope so. But as much as I want him back in Europe, I think the Galaxy is more probable.
That wouldn't be ideal (for me:D). Anyway if he's set to join MLS, I don't think he'll play for Galaxy, he wants something different where he can leave his mark. That's why he chose Australia because none dared to move there before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 51)